Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teaching a Second Subject

• 20-03-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am a fully qualified Secondary PE teacher who is coming to the end of a maternity cover contract. There seem to be no more jobs out there for PE. I am looking to take up another subject (IT, Biology, Business, Home Ec possibly). How do I go about doing this? Is there a part-time/online course I could do? I need to make myself more employable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

I presume you need to add one of those subjects to your degree-don't know if you can do that on line but we've had teachers doing an extra subject in UCD at night.....it takes three years as far as I know (for Arts subjects anyway-don't know about Science or Business?).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

sandy_baby wrote: »
    IT, Biology, Business, Home Ec possibly). How do I go about doing this? Is there a part-time/online course I could do? I need to make myself more employable.

IT - can't remember seeing this advertised ever. It's a filler subject really. Wouldn't base a career on it.

Biology - can do it with Open University but only after doing the 3 year course will you find out if the TC recognise it.

Business - don't know

Home Ec - need to do a full degree.

You can do English and history via Oscail or Maths and Chemistry via Open University. Or whatever Arts subjects UCD are doing by night.

Advertisement