Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday to Friday accommodation in Dublin?

Options
  • 20-03-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I know its a long shot but Im hoping someone can help me ....

Ive recently been offered a job in Dublin which is starting next week. the problem is I dont have any place to stay organised and Im running out of time. So my question is two fold

1) Does anyone know of anywhere cheap you can stay on a temporary basis in Dublin (South if possible) while hunting for an apartment ? I know Im probably looking at a B&B but I just know the cost of that could be huge after a few weeks.
    Or does anyone even have any ideas other than a B&B ?

2) Is there anything in Ireland which offers Monday to Friday lettings (for a more permanent solution) ? Ive seen websites in the UK that offer this kind of service but can’t see anything similar here. Or again, if anyone has any ideas about how to keep the costs down as I will only be staying in Dublin four nights a week.

I realise there may be no easy solution but just throwing it out there as I could do with all the help that is going !

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

I don't have direct experience of doing this so others may be better able to help and I have known quite a few people who have had such arrangements so its certainly doable. Anyhoo ...

(1) you might search under http://www.daft.ie/shortterm/ for Dublin City Centre. Some of the ads for serviced apartments and shard houses are obviously for this sort of requirement and about as cheap as you'll get for a period of a couple of weeks.

For (2) you might check out the apt/house share ads on Daft and My home.ie and try identify the ones where its the home owner looking for one other occupant. In this scenario, they may find a Mon-Fri only lodger for a reduced rent an attractive proposition. Or do keyword searches for "weekday", "Mon - Fri" , etc.

Advertisement