Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 4), Mar 23-24, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm assuming it'll be easy enough getting away tickets for the SPA game yeah?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Any reason for Pats v Bohs at 5pm?

Team selection for Bohs has me clueless about what to expect against Shels..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Love to get to Cross on Sunday but will be somewhere on a plane between here and Sweden at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

At Dalymount vs Shamrock Rovers, the PA dude said there was a possibility of the Pat's game being a 4pm Kick Off. I havent heard anything else on this but that was announced on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm assuming it'll be easy enough getting away tickets for the SPA game yeah?

Yeah buy them under the arch. Easy to find

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

dfx- wrote: »
    Any reason for Pats v Bohs at 5pm?

Team selection for Bohs has me clueless about what to expect against Shels..

It's grand, it'll be against ten men.

I'm surprised we hadn't a man sent off last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm surprised we hadn't a man sent off last night.

Shels might make it up for that on Sunday...with two red cards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

23/03/13
    Premier
    St. Patrick's
    Athletic
    Bohemians
    Richmond Park
    5pm
    T.CONNOLLY
    W.McDONNELL
    S.ROGERS
    D.McKEON

giggle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sunday will be ropey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This will be a massive test for Limerick playing the champs hopefully we can nick something up there to keep up our great start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This will be a massive test for Limerick playing the champs hopefully we can nick something up there to keep up our great start

There be no shame in coming away with narrow defeat from Showgounds.

5 points has been good start for Limerick.

Rumourings that SPA are to blame for Tuesday's farce, not the Ref.

Ref wanted to call it off at half six, but SPA said no, they'd get the pitch sorted, then they didn't so the ref had to call it at five to seven.

Far be it from me to absolve the imcompetent refs of this league of any blame, but this one is squarely down to SPA lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ref wanted to call it off at half six, but SPA said no, they'd get the pitch sorted, then they didn't so the ref had to call it at five to seven.

Far be it from me to absolve the imcompetent refs of this league of any blame, but this one is squarely down to SPA lying.

Still the refs fault too.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Still the refs fault too.

I prefer blaming SPA but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Feel sorry for UCD having to face a backlash from a wounded Lilywhites side. The students are actually one of my favourite sides in the division. Generally play a lovely brand of football (Best footballing side to come to Oriel last season. No joking!) and have managed to survive in the big league despite no crowd and a constant moving on of their better players.

If I were manager of Dundalk I'd tell the lads to go easy on UCD and settle for a 1-0 victory. However with ruthless Kenny at the helm I'm going to have to plump for a 3-0 victory for the Dundalk.

Shels must be running out of candidates for red cards though.

Presumably Foran will be out and I don't know about McGuinness, so there'll be defensive changes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Is there any first division fans here or am I the only one? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Raf32 wrote: »
    Think you might be the only one. Like literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully get something against Drogheda this weekend, just need to keep points ticking over.

There's fans of First Division teams alright, but I wouldn't say too many fans of the First Division..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

There is definitely a few Longford fans around here and a harps man at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

At least one Youths fan somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I'm kind of working with Salthill Devon this season.

What's Drom like in this kind of weather..

We made it not rain? and lads with squidgees were going to clear a pitch in 25 minutes? That makes perfect logical sense so it must be true.

Fcukin knew we were gods.

dfx- wrote: »
    What's Drom like in this kind of weather..

Baltic

Fupping baltic.

Drogs Trabon game called off.

Saints to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Longford fan here,think harps away is a huge game already in the season,withus beating waterford last week if we beat harps away it will really set down a marker for the season...we have strenghtened considerably during the break and it was our lack of depth last year that cost us the league,we were flying until the few injuries with no suitable replacements,which is not the case this year!

dreamers75 wrote: »

Saints to blame.

Borussia Dortmund's Under23 match against Erfurt was called off yesterday. I'll give Borussia and Erfurt a call and blame...you guessed it...the Saints ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

dreamers75 wrote: »

Saints to blame.

If they'd have had it in DROGHEDA in the first place instead of Dublin this wouldn't have happened :rolleyes: Dam them and their prawn filled sandwiches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Drogmal wrote: »
    If they'd have had it in DROGHEDA in the first place instead of Dublin this wouldn't have happened :rolleyes: Dam them and their prawn filled sandwiches.
    If they had this in DROGHEDA, the match would never have taken place. It was for Setanta to launch Setanta Turkey. Much as I love UP it is nowhere near being good enough for a product launch like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    If they had this in DROGHEDA, the match would never have taken place. It was for Setanta to launch Setanta Turkey. Much as I love UP it is nowhere near being good enough for a product launch like that.

Have the launch in the D hotel and play the match in United Park. Surely the dignitaries and powers that be could have braved the elements in the clubhouse for 90 minutes. Anyway at least we will be fresh for Bray just a shame for all the fans who flew in from Europe and a shame the local businesses didn't profit at all.

I can see more of this weekends matches not going ahead. I'm in wick low now and its been thumping down for hours on end.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wouldn't be optimistic about our game considering it wasn't good enough Tuesday and the weathers only gotten worse.

So much for Dalymount having a chance to recover :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

flas wrote: »
    Longford fan here,think harps away is a huge game already in the season,withus beating waterford last week if we beat harps away it will really set down a marker for the season...we have strenghtened considerably during the break and it was our lack of depth last year that cost us the league,we were flying until the few injuries with no suitable replacements,which is not the case this year!

Longford will win the division I think easily enough. Then battle for second and third between Waterford, Finn Harps and Athlone I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

flas wrote: »

I also read Longford are out of debt and got new 60k sponsor. I have always liked Tony Cousins. Things are certainly looking up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Slightly off topic, but Cork City U19s have been crowned Elite Division champions for the second year running, after Shels conceded a last minute goal to draw 3-3 with Pats. City and Shels play in the Cup Final at the Cross Tuesday week, which City are also defending champions of.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but Cork City U19s have been crowned Elite Division champions for the second year running, after Shels conceded a last minute goal to draw 3-3 with Pats. City and Shels play in the Cup Final at the Cross Tuesday week, which City are also defending champions of.

Shels conceding a last minute goal? Are you sure, it was not the first team? ;)

But in terms of sportsmanship: Congrats to Cork from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Shels conceding a last minute goal? Are you sure, it was not the first team? ;)

But in terms of sportsmanship: Congrats to Cork from me

You'll be happy to know that Shels ended the match with 11 men!

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    You'll be happy to know that Shels ended the match with 11 men!

So it was definitely not the first team :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I also read Longford are out of debt and got new 60k sponsor. I have always liked Tony Cousins. Things are certainly looking up!

Where you read the thing about the debt? The trust wrote off a shit-ton of debt alright, but I'm not sure whats left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

pats -v- bohs off

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

UCD - Dundalk is still on after a pitch inspection this morning. There'll be another inspection this afternoon.

UCD - Dundalk is still on after a pitch inspection this morning. There'll be another inspection this afternoon.

What time is next inspection? Might head up but could be too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Mushy wrote: »
    What time is next inspection? Might head up but could be too late.

Think I seen 2:45 mentioned on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

markc1184 wrote: »

Think I seen 2:45 mentioned on twitter.
    UCD V Dundalk FC is ON. Excellent news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Pitch in the Showgrounds is in good nick. Should be a decent game. Elding to score a hattrick I think. Its time he upped his game.

1 0 here in drom. Captain, Eugene Greaney, scored a header from a corner. Both teams had a free kick on target with the keepers pulling off good saves. Salthill are down to 10 after the left back picked up two yellows.

Athlone Town 0 Cobh Ramblers 1 (C. Meade 13 pen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Limerick Up 1-0 Curran

• Advertisement
Advertisement