Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 4), Mar 23-24, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Athlone Town 1-1 Cobh Ramblers. Ian Sweeney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sligo 1 -1 Limerick at HT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Youths pick up 1st 3 points of the season, beating Salthill 2-1, having gone down to 10 men also. Can't underestimate how much that will mean to the team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Sligo 1 -1 Limerick at HT

Do you reckon Sligo miss Quigley? :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dundalk 2-0 up with goals in quick succession.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Does anyone know why there's no LOI on Livescore at the moment? Was there earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sligo score late to take the 3 points.

12 outta 12

Ndo & North to come back in.

Impressive stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Limerick with another red card. That's 3 in 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

niallo27 wrote: »
    Limerick with another red card. That's 3 in 3 games.

Going to be giving Shels a run for their money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

oldyouth wrote: »
    Youths pick up 1st 3 points of the season, beating Salthill 2-1, having gone down to 10 men also. Can't underestimate how much that will mean to the team

While the refs were bad, the youths manager was even worse on the line. Atrocious behaviour from him in my opinion.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    While the refs were bad, the youths manager was even worse on the line. Atrocious behaviour from him in my opinion.

Do tell....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

12 outta 12

Impressive stuff.
    Add Danny ventre to that list as well Limerick are no great shakes. Can't see them challenging unless they spend even more money. Ryan's sending off was stupid and if I was a limerick fan I'd be raging with him for doing it. Elding is a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Harps 1-0 Longford. Great win!

Do tell....

I was up on the balcony and I could here him as clear as day sscreaming at the ref and also the lino who was standing beside him.
    The youths player who got sent off didn't take it lightly!

I was up on the balcony and I could here him as clear as day sscreaming at the ref and also the lino who was standing beside him.
    The youths player who got sent off didn't take it lightly!

Every LOI fan knows the standard of officials in the league. By any chance would his concerns have been justified? I've stood beside Shane Keegan many times during matches and would not have had the same level of tolerance as he displays. Now Joey, who was sent off, is a different proposition

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

dan1895 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why there's no LOI on Livescore at the moment? Was there earlier.

Sometimes they only show scores during the games, no fixtures or results.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Every LOI fan knows the standard of officials in the league. By any chance would his concerns have been justified? I've stood beside Shane Keegan many times during matches and would not have had the same level of tolerance as he displays. Now Joey, who was sent off, is a different proposition

The ref was a bit of a homer but I really don't think he justified that kind of reaction! He was screaming at the ref, "Did ya see that ref? Did ya?" Dunno what it was the ref was supposed to have seen from my angle.

What did the Youths player get sent off for do ya know? I presume he said something because there was no tackle and I didn't see anything untoward.

dan1895 wrote: »

Flashscore is where it is at. Very quick and very accurate

The ref was a bit of a homer but I really don't think he justified that kind of reaction! He was screaming at the ref, "Did ya see that ref? Did ya?" Dunno what it was the ref was supposed to have seen from my angle.

And you consider that 'atrocious behaviour', as per your initial post??????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

How in the name of jaysus did we lose that? Weren't exactly all over them but we seemed to have all the possession without doing much with it. Then Cherrie made two great saves from Dave McMillan and we were caught on the break twice.
    Unbelievable free kick from Gareth Matthews to get one back though.

• Advertisement

And you consider that 'atrocious behaviour', as per your initial post??????

And up in the face of the lino screaming at him. Maybe my standards are just set a little too high with regards behaviour. He definitely gave Alex Ferguson a run for his money anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

Ah loi refs :v actually thought he had a good first half in ballybofey and then lost the plot second half.

Thought harps were better, but wouldn't have begrudged longford a point.
    Great result tho, said we would know where we were at after 3 games and facing into our second top of the table clash in a week seems good to me... There's a good and willing squad there now for once the pre season optimism seems justified.

Also Sean mccarron, still 21 had his problems on and off the pitch but so far has shown great attitude... Him n kev could form a mighty partnership... 6 goals between em in 3 games. Good attendance of 723 too. Bring on mervue!

anyway waterford looking for a new manager?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Elding is a beast!

But no hat-trick, he has obviously peaked already..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

dfx- wrote: »

But no hat-trick, he has obviously peaked already..

Any Sligo fans in the main stand...was it a pen in the last minute to us? I was at the other side of the ground, from where I was it looked a certain pen, but was quiet far away...think we'll finish top 6, which is good considering we've a lot of new players, and all this talk of the money we spend is just talk, our wage bill would certainly be nowhere near that of either rover's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Definitely a penalty. Harsh on Limerick but I thought we deserved the win.

Reading that the local knackers put a rock through the window of a bus from Limerick on its way out of town. Hate seeing that s*it happen and makes us look bad. I'll be driving to Thomond myself now.

12 outta 12

Impressive stuff.

If Eldinho keeps up the scoring then Baraclough will have a real headache. I don't see North & Elding working well together up front. Elding is flourishing as the lone striker.

We really need Danny V & Ndo back in the team to take control of the midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Definitely a penalty. Harsh on Limerick but I thought we deserved the win.

Reading that the local knackers put a rock through the window of a bus from Limerick on its way out of town. Hate seeing that s*it happen and makes us look bad. I'll be driving to Thomond myself now.

If Eldinho keeps up the scoring then Baraclough will have a real headache. I don't see North & Elding working well together up front. Elding is flourishing as the lone striker.

We really need Danny V & Ndo back in the team to take control of the midfield.

Cheers for confirm mate, would agree that ye deserved to win on the balance of play...I was in a car so not on the bus but that is fair sh!t, the one thing i found up there tonight was how nice and friendly the people were around the area of the ground.

Elding is an animal, but I reckon he'll walk(again) before the season's out...he seems proper crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Do you reckon Sligo miss Quigley? :pac:
    Who?

Elding has already scored nearly as many as Quigley managed last year.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mervue beat Waterford 0-4. I know it's the first division, but surely worthy of comment?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

And up in the face of the lino screaming at him. Maybe my standards are just set a little too high with regards behaviour. He definitely gave Alex Ferguson a run for his money anyway!

Right, so to quote you.....The refs were bad.....the ref was a bit of a homer.....our player was sent off with no tackle or anything untoward.

And you consider our manager behaved atrociously by shouting 'Did you see that ref, did ya?'

I obviously wasn't there but your own account seems to indicate examples of nearly every game I've ever seen at all levels.

I've watched it back there.

Mulcahy has said something to someone on the SD bench or the sideline ref. After consulting with the lino, the referee sent him off. Mulcahy had to be held back by the ref from the lino.
    That's when the manager goes a bit mad.

He calmed down after a while. Shook the hands of the referees at the end IIRC anyway.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Mars Bar. When you say you watched it back, is there a video of the game available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

TenManShels -v- Shamrock goes ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

That's two out of two away wins for the deadly Dundalk. Pretty impressive when you consider we had two away wins in TOTAL during the 2012 season. Second in the table now with a big derby game against the Drogs in Oriel this Thursday evening. Life is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bray winning...delighted!

Very uneven bounce in the Drumcondra end penalty box. Looks like the pitch is very dry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

dfx- wrote: »
    Very uneven bounce in the Drumcondra end penalty box. Looks like the pitch is very dry.

Shels are awful. Looks only a matter of time until Rovers score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Hopefully Damo warms up at half time and comes out with some beautful words in the second half. Shels keeper pulled off a few very good saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Reading that the local knackers put a rock through the window of a bus from Limerick on its way out of town. Hate seeing that s*it happen and makes us look bad.

Statement released by Limerick:

"Limerick Football Club would like to acknowledge the fantastic support given to the team and management in Sligo last night and would like to thank those same supporters for their patience and restraint after the game. Unfortunately, on the way out of Sligo last night, a supporters’ bus was vandalised and was left in a state where passengers could not continue their journey home in a safe fashion.

The incident was unrelated in any way to Sligo Rovers football club where our team, management and supporters were welcomed and looked after in exemplary fashion. We’d like to thank Sligo Rovers FC and many others in Sligo who went over and above in their attempts to help find us an alternate bus at 11pm on a Saturday night. Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of our staff, and the people of Sligo, our supporters were left waiting on a replacement bus that our travel partners in Kelly Travel www.kellytravel.ie sent from Limerick. As a result, their trip home lasted into the early hours of Sunday morning.

We’d like to thank Kelly Travel for their flexibility last night as well as their professionalism, continued support for the club and consistent service for supporters. Staff at the club, including the CEO and Event Controller have spoken at length this morning to put strategies in place for future away trips to determine ways in which repeats of the incident can be avoided."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cork 0 - 1 Derry City.

Big 3 pts today, good result for us where we normally don't do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Burdon you hero!

Hope Shels can hold out and earn a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Drogs came from behind to win 2-1. Fabio missed another penalty, although I'm not sure if it was a pen in the first place. Jason Byrne for Bray, but Sava played a needless pass into the centre of the pitch rather than putting his foot through it and he should have done better from Byrnes strike. Eric Foley with a great free kick for Drogs first and Ryan Brennan with a header from A Gav Brennan cross.

The sponsor on the Rovers jersey looks ridiculous.

What an awful game. Players couldn't play the ball 5 yards

Only saw last 20 mins.

Pitch looked very heavy. Shels out on their feet. Rovers lacked the quality to take advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jaysis we the only team Rovers have scored against :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

0-0 against a "league contender", and finished with 11 men.

Victory in my book.

Our keeper is awesome at shot stopping, but can't kick the ball past halfway.

It's a point on the board though, and we didn't look out of place against them.

HEWHW's miss even though he was offside. Shocking.

• Advertisement

Love the legend that is Philly :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone at the Cross? Care to tell how we played?

Just herd result. I actually was optimistic that we could get the 3 points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Think it was a handball from the Rovers' keeper's blocked clearance. Hilarious miss all the same though.
    Burden's two saves in quick succession towards the end were quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anyone at the Cross? Care to tell how we played?

Just herd result. I actually was optimistic that we could get the 3 points.

Didnt play that great, but certainly didnt deserve to lose. That's the quietest I've seen Derry play at the Cross for ages. It was a 0-0 from about the 30th minutes to be honest. Bit of bad luck with the penalty, looked like it hopped up and hit his hand, linesman gave it, but once it hits your hand these days it'll be given. 'Intentional' doesn't really exist anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Niall Burdon outstanding in the final part of the match, deserved to be MOTM :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement