Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The servers for the DLC are separate and actually better (not hosting multiple games), Second assault and China rising run far better than the base game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Varik wrote: »
    The servers for the DLC are separate and actually better (not hosting multiple games), Second assault and China rising run far better than the base game.

I'd agree that China Rising runs better than the base game. I've been playing on US CR servers recently and there has been little to no lag for me at all. Then when I go back to the vanilla maps, there is quite noticeable lag. Even the Second Assault maps I was playing earlier, there was no lag except for a 15/20 second window when the tower came down on Caspian Border.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Good spot , was on second assault this evening and it ran smooth as silk .

Got a few of the assignments and new weapons, it a pain trying to get the 2 kill assist ribbons on metro; been tossing grenades and hip firing LMGs. The Sniper one is also a pain, you need 5 kills from these special towers with one being a death trap and the other being destroyable by pressing a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Make sure you download the pistol and DMR unlocks under the Second Assault banner in the store inside BF4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

CombatCow wrote: »
    Make sure you download the pistol and DMR unlocks under the Second Assault banner in the store inside BF4 :)

Downloaded them yesterday but hadn't unlocked anything when I checked Battlelog this morning. I may have to install them or do something in game (PS4). Felt cheap but I'm f****d if I'm going to grind through these. Hard enough for skilled players. :p
    Also getting the shotguns when they're out next week. Don't know why they included grenades as they unlocked really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:) yeah you have to download and install them both then restart BF4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

CombatCow wrote: »

Aye....spotted that free DLC when i was getting my battlepacks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Is anyone playing SECOND ASSAULT ? Whats are the BF3 maps like ?

New 996MB patch out now on PS4.

The only Conquest map I actually like is Caspian, Metro is stupid on 64 players even with the 2 new ways out of the tunnels ( the 1 team has a huge advantage), firestorm is OK but it's full of snipers.

CFT is great as it focuses all the blueberries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not much help on the rubberbanding of base game maps but seems to have improved things a bit on the dlc maps....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

downloaded the patch and still get the rubberbanding. Its better but the bugs are still there.

I was thinking of only getting 1 or 2 of the packs instead of the full premium. I liked the Metro map in BF3 but it sounds like they shouldn't have changed it.

Game crashed three times this week. When I got the intro screen and hit the "options" button to continue it just went dark. This is new. Hope it's not a sign of things to come have had virtually no problems to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

aindriu80 wrote: »
    downloaded the patch and still get the rubberbanding. Its better but the bugs are still there.

I refuse to play the game until these glaringly obvious issues are sorted out. I'll give it a try after each update and if it's still the same it goes back in the box.
    Guess I'll probably never get to play it properly or ever buy another Battlefield game again. There's absolutely no excuse for this kind of incompetence 3 months down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I refuse to play the game until these glaringly obvious issues are sorted out. I'll give it a try after each update and if it's still the same it goes back in the box.
    Guess I'll probably never get to play it properly or ever buy another Battlefield game again. There's absolutely no excuse for this kind of incompetence 3 months down the line.

plus one

I've been enjoying second assault. I haven't had any issues with rubber banding etc on the new maps at all. I've only had problems when playing on hainan resort or lancang dam. For me anyway the game has seen vast improvements since launch, still not perfect but I'm enjoying at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I got premium near the end of February for this game. Not sure that was the wisest decision but I was just wondering if any of you had issues getting premium applied to your accounts? And how you got past it? EA are telling me I have to contact Sony support as I got it through the PS Store. I am already thinking its going to a ping pong back and forth headache between the two....

keithc83 wrote: »
    I got premium near the end of February for this game. Not sure that was the wisest decision but I was just wondering if any of you had issues getting premium applied to your accounts? And how you got past it? EA are telling me I have to contact Sony support as I got it through the PS Store. I am already thinking its going to a ping pong back and forth headache between the two....

Did you download the activation file, pretty sure there was one as with most similar things on PlayStation.

Did you download the activation file, pretty sure there was one as with most similar things on PlayStation.

No i didn't get one which is what i thought i would get. I had the China Rising DLC add on, and I got an activation file for that. For Premium though I got nothing other than a confirmation mail from Sony confirming the purchase.

keithc83 wrote: »
    No i didn't get one which is what i thought i would get. I had the China Rising DLC add on, and I got an activation file for that. For Premium though I got nothing other than a confirmation mail from Sony confirming the purchase.

Go onto the store search for BF4 and re download it from the add-on section; it's a small 1.2MB file. It'll be listed as installed if you've already got it.

• Advertisement

Go onto the store search for BF4 and re download it from the add-on section; it's a small 1.2MB file. It'll be listed as installed if you've already got it.

I will do that once i get home from work. Thanks Varik!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

So I want to get the Eye in the sky achievement, but no interest in grinding on jets. I have a tough enough time trying to shoot down one jet never mind five :o

If anyone wants to help me the favour will be returned of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

There's a new 1.3GB patch live for PS4.Here are the release notes......
    Battlefield 4 March 2014 update notes:

-Several crash fixes and stability improvements
    -Various improvements for Spectator Mode
    -Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
    -Fixed an issue where the message “Joining Server” sometimes didn’t appear when the user tried to join the server
    -Added default player slots to server browser filters
    -Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
    -Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
    -Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
    -Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
    -Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
    -Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
    -Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
    -Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
    -Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
    -Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
    -Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
    -General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
    -Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures
    -Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
    -Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
    -Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can’t plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
    -The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
    -Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
    -Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
    -Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don’t get stuck at relatively minor hills
    -Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
    -Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

Weapon tweaks

-THe SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
    -The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
    -The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
    -The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
    -Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000
    -Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW

I'm quite sad they've messed round with the MP7 and MTAR

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

They still need to fix the lag. I connect to low ping servers and get ridiculous lag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there still a problem with the campaign saving? I went through most of mission 3 tonight and when I went back to it just now I am back at the start of the mission.

I'm having a few problems with this game since the newest patch today. Matches keep crashing, the killcam is messed up, highlighting the wrong player. Very annoying as it was relatively stable for me recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm having a few problems with this game since the newest patch today. Matches keep crashing, the killcam is messed up, highlighting the wrong player. Very annoying as it was relatively stable for me recently.

Weird, its the other way around for me, I've been absolutely heartbroken some days with the state of BF4 on PS4 and since today's patch things are looking up and its a lot more stable for me - in saying that, the last 2 patches seemed to make mine worse, seems to differ for everyone unfortunately.....

Is there still a problem with the campaign saving? I went through most of mission 3 tonight and when I went back to it just now I am back at the start of the mission.

Yeah it's been broken since day one.
    When I was playing SP, some months back it was regularly losing saves. In the end had to play it through in one sitting to unlock the guns. Even that's not a guaranteed success, as it can still crash you into oblivion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Do people really play the story mode? Just stick to the online, story mode is more or less just a filler.

Advertisement