Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend an online strength building program.

Options
  • 20-03-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

The majority of my exercise in the past has always been running.

Some time is spent 2 days per week (before an easy run ) on the gym machines, chest press, leg extension etc.

I get bored quickly with the weights and the above is just to keep up strength and without a clearly defined program. I do 8 to 12 reps * 3 sets when I get to to 12 reps * 3 sets move up the weight by 5kg.

However I have damaged the meniscus in my left knee at work so running is out of the question for a while. I've been told what I can do by the doctor/physio for the meniscus issue.

I see this as a good opportunity to build core and upper body strength and get away from the gym machines and move more towards free weights etc.

I have asked the gym instructor and he has given me the beginners "do this 12 times and do that 12 times"etc. I get really bored with this fast and I just want go back running.

Could someone please recommend a good 3 day strength building program online that they have used and I could follow. I have searched but I have found a huge variety of different programs all with different reps and sets and I'm a bit lost.

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement