Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trap / FAI Communication

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hasn't it always been his communication method? Cunningham said he first got a text from the national team doctor and then a text from Trap to say he got called up.

Although he could have rang Doyle to let him know why he was dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eagle eye wrote: »
    Maybe he did try and ring him and couldn't get him on the phone so used the text instead?

Why didn't he get his lackey to say that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The same thing happened with Liam Lawrence - dropped from the squad unexpectedly, informed by text, ended up a bit pissed off. Trap pisses off players unnecessarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Pro. F wrote: »
    The same thing happened with Liam Lawrence - dropped from the squad unexpectedly, informed by text, ended up a bit pissed off. Trap pisses off players unnecessarily.

Meanwhile, his general stubborness, boring style of play and frustrating team selections have endeared him to Irish soccer fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Pedro K

CSF wrote: »
    'Hi Kevin, Giovanni here, tried to ring you there, couldn't get through, could you give me a shout when you're available please?' BEEP.
    Ah, mystery solved. Kevin Doyle didn't get the message because Trap left it before the beep, rather than after!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Anybody else get the feeling that Trap is purposely doing everything in his power to piss the FAI, the players and the nation off in order to get himself a nice, final payday?

He's a shrewd ole fox I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Morally he should have rang him but just looking at this purely from a cold strategic standpoint then he definitely should have called him. You just don't disrespect one of your best players (he's better than Sammon) like this and expect there to be no damage done.

Trap now reminds me of my old Stats teacher, was in his final year of teaching and simply couldn't really care less, he showed up enough to fulfill his contractual obligations but all he was really doing was just rolling down the days to his tasty payday retirement.

The thing this squad needs more than anything is a manager who is a good motivator who will be positive going into games, Trap is not this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭briany

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Anybody else get the feeling that Trap is purposely doing everything in his power to piss the FAI, the players and the nation off in order to get himself a nice, final payday?

He's a shrewd ole fox I tells ya!

Trap's a lot of things but the idea that he would purposely wreck a nation's football team just so could net himself a few quid is a bit much and I don't think it's his intention. I do think that he has no respect for the country, the FAI or the players and has figured that he can what wants at this point pretty much because he's met the brief and a payoff is a tough ask for the FAI. He can do what he wants and he knows it.

briany wrote: »
    Trap's a lot of things but the idea that he would purposely wreck a nation's football team just so could net himself a few quid is a bit much and I don't think it's his intention. I do think that he has no respect for the country, the FAI or the players and has figured that he can what wants at this point pretty much because he's met the brief and a payoff is a tough ask for the FAI. He can do what he wants and he knows it.

So you basically agree with me? :P Not saying he's intentionally wrecking our chances but, as you say, it's clear he has absolutely no problem falling out with player after player and that will only end one way. A nice payday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

It's ironic too when you consider Doyle saved Trappatoni's job when he was thrown on against the mighty kazakhstan. Now a few months on - Trap doesn't even have the decency to phone him up and tell him that he's dropped.

The sooner this man goes the better and he can take that clown Delaney with him too.

So you basically agree with me? :P Not saying he's intentionally wrecking our chances but, as you say, it's clear he has absolutely no problem falling out with player after player and that will only end one way. A nice payday!

I don't think he's doing it for the payday as such. I don't think he's doing it just because he can/for a laugh. He's doing it because he views the players as being a pretty poor bunch, the FAI as spineless and how dare they question his decisions. Anyone who does so will be told where to go. This should be true to an extent for any strong manager but Trap's position is protected by a certain set of circumstances and he's using this to impose his will so emphatically that it's fundamentally undermining the team's chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

It's only a matter of time until someone throws their shoe at him in a press conference.

It's only a matter of time until someone throws their shoe at him in a press conference.

They might miss and bust Manuela's face. This board would be in uproar.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    It's ironic too when you consider Doyle saved Trappatoni's job when he was thrown on against the mighty kazakhstan. Now a few months on - Trap doesn't even have the decency to phone him up and tell him that he's dropped.

The sooner this man goes the better and he can take that clown Delaney with him too.

Too right about Delaney. Not gonna crab about him hiring Trap as we all thought it was a great move at the time. However, as long as Delaney's heading the organisation side we'll never improve on the field! He's reminiscent of your typical Irish politician - jack the lad who made the big time on Daddy's name, now a man of the people, working his socks off for the man on the street, taking a pay-cut for the good of the ordinary people. Apparently.

He's got one of the cushiest jobs in the country and, like your politician, is exploiting it to the full! It always pains me to think about how many full-time development officers we could employ at grassroots level for the fee we're paying him.

He is, effectively, Trap's boss and should ensure that the manager he employed does his job to the full - puts time and effort in, builds relationships, communication with eligible players, ensures results - but he has failed and continues to fail with regards to this. Trap knows he can walk all over Delaney and the FAI so does so. Delaney, as a business man, can't even market Ireland matches to ensure regular full houses and revenue. If he was in such a role at any other major organisation, he'd be long gone out the trap door by now, pardon the pun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Too right about Delaney. Not gonna crab about him hiring Trap as we all thought it was a great move at the time. However, as long as Delaney's heading the organisation side we'll never improve on the field! He's reminiscent of your typical Irish politician - jack the lad who made the big time on Daddy's name, now a man of the people, working his socks off for the man on the street, taking a pay-cut for the good of the ordinary people. Apparently.

He's got one of the cushiest jobs in the country and, like your politician, is exploiting it to the full! It always pains me to think about how many full-time development officers we could employ at grassroots level for the fee we're paying him.

He is, effectively, Trap's boss and should ensure that the manager he employed does his job to the full - puts time and effort in, builds relationships, communication with eligible players, ensures results - but he has failed and continues to fail with regards to this. Trap knows he can walk all over Delaney and the FAI so does so. Delaney, as a business man, can't even market Ireland matches to ensure regular full houses and revenue. If he was in such a role at any other major organisation, he'd be long gone out the trap door by now, pardon the pun.

Spot on. Delaney is a throwback to the gombeen politician. He's on a hugely inflated salary and does not have to deliver any results. At least with the gombeen politician there's a public election - this clown weaseled his way into the hotseat with Daddy's name giving him the boost. It will be a good day for Irish football when he's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ColeTrain wrote: »
    take that clown Delaney with him too.

Won't happen, sure wasn't Dear Leader offered a salary 3 times that of his FAI paycheque to move elsewhere and turned it down.

That job is his for as long as he wants it - who'd sack him? FAI is not some public body acountable to the general population, it's a private organisation with Dear Leader in charge - and if there is any notion that any of the lesser bodies in the politburo are going against creed he purges them without prejudice, out they go, seen nor heard of no more. He is surrounded with yes-men, cronies and spineless characters all mopping up his crumbs.

Make no mistake, when Dear Leader goes, the next man in won't be any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Lads heard on the radio this morning that Paul green is starting against the swedes.WTF like ????????

Won't happen, sure wasn't Dear Leader offered a salary 3 times that of his FAI paycheque to move elsewhere and turned it down.

That job is his for as long as he wants it - who'd sack him? FAI is not some public body acountable to the general population, it's a private organisation with Dear Leader in charge - and if there is any notion that any of the lesser bodies in the politburo are going against creed he purges them without prejudice, out they go, seen nor heard of no more. He is surrounded with yes-men, cronies and spineless characters all mopping up his crumbs.

Make no mistake, when Dear Leader goes, the next man in won't be any better.

He'll be his son or nephew..

Advertisement