Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Clearomizers

Options
  • 20-03-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am new to vaping and enjoying it greatly however I think I must be doing something wrong. On two occasions I have bought a pair of clearomizers off the net (I use an Ego Vision Twist). Each time I fill one with tobacco flavoured juice and the other with a fruit flavour. I put one away and vape the other for a few days.

Each time I have come back to the other one which has just been lying there it won't work as in there is no pull at all when I press the button and inhale. Are you not supposed to fill clearomizers unless you intend to use them continuously there and then?

It has happened to me twice so can someone enlighten me because I thought it could be really handy to switch between the two now and then but looks like leaving eliquid in a clearomizer when not using it to vape seems to ruin it. Any insight? Thanks!:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

is there like a gurgling sound from it when you try inhale?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Like pmcmahon says the problem I seem to have at least with a lot of clearomisers is that the eliquid can slowly leak into the center 'air tube' and if you leave one for quite a while that can happen. If that's the case, unscrew the clearomiser and get some tissue, hold the tissue at the end you screw in, and blow into the drip tip end which you suck from. This will blow any juice that's blocking the airhole into the tissue. Give it a good few blows and you should be able to clear it. Then when you're finished, give the battery connector on the clearomiser a wipe with the tissue (if there's any juice on it, usually there will be after blowing juice out that end.) Do the same with the battery connector on the battery, give it a wipe with the tissue if there's any juice on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I have 2 types of clearomizer, long and short wick. The longer wick ones are fine when left it seems, but the short wicks need a bit of a shake up. Especially if the liquid falls below them. But sounds like you're talking full tanks? SO could be just clogging up. Some of mine, long and short, have gone dead during use even. And I know it isn't juice in the centre, as when that happens you get a lovely mouthful of juice ... eurgh ... and it's nasty. You'll also get that gurgling sound mentioned above. I find just holding the button for a few seconds a couple of times, without drawing on it, can re-activate them. You'll begin to hear that crackle kick bak in, then take a few short, sharp puffs to get it going and away you go. Give them a shake too, making sure to cover the end hole, j.i.c there is juice down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 loopygirl

Thanks, I'll try that!

Advertisement