Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational Requirements for the Garda Reserve

Options
  • 20-03-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

so i want to apply for the Garda Reserve and just pulled out my leaving certificate. it states in the booklet for the reserves that you need:

A qualifying grade in 2 languages, 1 of which must be English or Irish, as follows: English: a grade not lower that D3 at Ordinary Level, Irish: a grade not lower than C3 at Foundation Level or D3 at another level, Other language: a grade not lower than D3 at Ordinary Level.

I didn't do a foreign language for the Leaving Certificate, only Irish(C2 Foundation level) and English(C1 Ordinary level)

does this mean that i can still apply for the reserves as i have English and Irish?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Yes. You can apply.

Advertisement