Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil cleansing method - tips

• 20-03-2013 5:46pm

Hi everyone,

Someone on here recommended the oil cleansing to me a while back. I was sceptical, but when my acne got so bad that I didn't like leaving the house, I decided to give it a go. I've been doing it for a week now and am amazed at how well it's working. My skin is already clearing up and I'm not really getting new spots. I'm only using olive oil, which I thought wouldn't be great for my skin (it's sort of greasy and dry at the same time) but it's fine so far. After I do the olive oil and wipe it off with a flannel, I use some bio oil on the acne scars and it all seems to be working well.

So I read that it's best not to use other products with this method as you can end up confusing your skin. I used to use a Lush mask and scrub every few days which helped with the blackheads a bit but I've left it for this week because I wanted to see what the oil alone was like. I haven't been using any moisturiser either. Clearly something about my old routine was wrong for my skin but I don't know what and I'm afraid of all the acne coming back!

So if you use this method, what do you do about blackheads? They're still a bit of an issue. I was thinking of just gently squeezing them out when my face is steamed after the oil, but am afraid it could scar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Get yourself a blackhead remover, you can get them in pretty much any chemist. They work by pushing the skin around the blackhead down and the blackhead just gets left in the hole of the remover. It's kind of hard to explain, but because you're not actually squeezing anything there's very little risk of scarring. Just make sure you do it when your pores are already open, then give your face a splash of cold water afterwards to close the pores afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Someone on here recommended the oil cleansing to me a while back. I was sceptical, but when my acne got so bad that I didn't like leaving the house, I decided to give it a go. I've been doing it for a week now and am amazed at how well it's working. My skin is already clearing up and I'm not really getting new spots. I'm only using olive oil, which I thought wouldn't be great for my skin (it's sort of greasy and dry at the same time) but it's fine so far. After I do the olive oil and wipe it off with a flannel, I use some bio oil on the acne scars and it all seems to be working well.

So I read that it's best not to use other products with this method as you can end up confusing your skin. I used to use a Lush mask and scrub every few days which helped with the blackheads a bit but I've left it for this week because I wanted to see what the oil alone was like. I haven't been using any moisturiser either. Clearly something about my old routine was wrong for my skin but I don't know what and I'm afraid of all the acne coming back!

So if you use this method, what do you do about blackheads? They're still a bit of an issue. I was thinking of just gently squeezing them out when my face is steamed after the oil, but am afraid it could scar.

Try to lightly steam your face to open the pores first. Then apply& spend a little time massaging the oil into the skin, do you use a microfiber face cloth?

This cloth is great when using the OCM, it will draw the blackheads from the skin, just be careful and not too heavy handed as it exfoliates the skin to. Moisturiser is not needed when using oils as your skin will be getting enough moisture from the oil...don't overload the skin. A mask once a week is fine, if your using the microfiber cloth then no need for the extra exfoliating.

Best advice I can give you other the the above is to listen to what your skin needs ,if it becomes inflamed at any stage take a look at what you might be over doing.

Advertisement