Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Archery Club?

Options
  • 20-03-2013 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

Moved back to Mullingar from Longford a few months ago and I was wondering if anyone knows of an Archery club in town?

I am a beginner to the sport but would love to learn more and maybe in the future compete in a few competitions :)

If there is no club in town, how hard would it be to get one started?

Would just be great to get together with a few like minded people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Athboy Archery

Mullingar Archery Club will be starting soon. There will be a meeting in Mullingar within the next two weeks to get thing off the ground. Contact Gerry@AthboyArchery.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Best of luck Gerry.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Athboy Archery

Hi all,

Moved back to Mullingar from Longford a few months ago and I was wondering if anyone knows of an Archery club in town?

I am a beginner to the sport but would love to learn more and maybe in the future compete in a few competitions :)

If there is no club in town, how hard would it be to get one started?

Would just be great to get together with a few like minded people.

I had hoped to have Mullingar Archery Club up and runningby the first of April, but due to a few problems at my end it has been delayed.I am calling a meeting of anyone interested in getting involved on Thursday the11th of April in the Mullingar Park Hotel at 8 o’clock. It is hoped that the club will be both a target archeryand field archery club. I have also stared to acquireequipment and if you know of anyone who may have anything which may be of useto the club please let me know. You don’t have to be an archer to be involved in the club.Perhaps someone who is retired, out of work, or an ex-archer, might like to getinvolved in running clubs. If so please come to the meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mullingar Archery

Lír Archers started training yesterday in the Greyhound Stadium. LirArchers@Gmail.com for more information.

Advertisement