Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

I seriously feel like the walls are closing in on me....haven't even looked at sexual offences, complicity, incohate offences, criminal damage, The defences..... I feel like I know NOTHING!!! so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Hope criminal turns out OK. Has anyone got any directions on constitution I just getting stuck in from scratch today..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Equity. Question 6 April 2014. What topic does this question relate to? Can't pinpoint it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 add727

vickyplumx wrote: »
    Equity. Question 6 April 2014. What topic does this question relate to? Can't pinpoint it

Strong v Bird? I'm not sure though...

vickyplumx wrote: »
    Exam report says part a was application of strong v bird and part b caused difficulty as students not aware that Patrick could be appointed administrator in the circumstances outlined in part b and thus some case law has recognised the rule applies equally in some circumstances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Thanks so much ! I thought strong v bird but then confused myself !

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

These exams are killing me.

For some reason, Im having a total meltdown the night before each one. Couldnt sleep at all last night and was too anxious to even read my notes. Then went in today and was beating myself up....fml.

what did people think of the criminal paper? not feeling great after it.... forgot forgery and got a bit overwhelmed trying to cover everything in the complicity prob q :(

dashdoll wrote: »
    These exams are killing me.

For some reason, Im having a total meltdown the night before each one. Couldnt sleep at all last night and was too anxious to even read my notes. Then went in today and was beating myself up....fml.

At the risk of sounding patronising they probably went better than you think. I know I failed this time only because I didnt put the work in and went abroad two weeks before the exams. I know in comparison to last time how bad these went and last time was v bad- this is your first sitting, they were always going to be horrible so don't beat yourself up.

When you finish your last one, go out and treat yourself. I did that in March I got my hair done to cheer me up, its not the end of the world they are exams, which unlike college you can do again without it messing up you final grade, albeit it's expensive.

I had a meltdown last week and didn't do a contract question I could do as I just couldn't face it, something in all my life I've never done. These exams have been built up to something massive and if we adhere to the hype it will consume us, they are exams and we can do them again :) I realised that over the weekend.

What is your next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kel.lynch

What were people's thoughts on the question with the 4 guys robbing Lawrence's house and their liability?

• Advertisement

kel.lynch wrote: »
    What were people's thoughts on the question with the 4 guys robbing Lawrence's house and their liability?

conspiracy, common design, accessorial liability under s.7 of the 2007 act, burglary s.12, possibly aggravated burglary s.13, assault, murder, causation, false imprisonment.... There was A LOT in that question

conspiracy, common design, accessorial liability under s.7 of the 2007 act, burglary s.12, possibly aggravated burglary s.13, assault, murder, causation, false imprisonment.... There was A LOT in that question

Missed a couple of issues there but happy enough I think. Mentioned secondary participation for the guy that chickened out too...

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jarndyce

All of the above except for the addition of theft and possibly robbery, as well as the addition of manslaughter in place of murder, which I don't think could have been a runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeyTherePlease

Jarndyce wrote: »
    All of the above except for the addition of theft and possibly robbery, as well as the addition of manslaughter in place of murder, which I don't think could have been a runner?

I also mentioned that Shane could be liable under the Road Traffic Acts as he drove away at 'high speed'

• Registered Users Posts: 10 71fe1

I also mentioned that Shane could be liable under the Road Traffic Acts as he drove away at 'high speed'

Aw can't believe I forgot that! Had the rest an all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Who's doing what for EU law, disaster . Is the law study card revision enough to study at least ud know a bit about everything if even only a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

I'm not really sure how that went. I answered 5 but they were a bit wishy washy. Only ones I'm sure of was Conspiracy one and sexual offences. My other three were a bit all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

How did you have time to mention all of that?? I spent too long outlining common deisgn and novus actus i think. Only wrote a few lines on each of their liability at the end :(

Also, would not recommend glancing at sample answers after, so rough!

That's awesome - totally didn't think of that. You might get a mention in the examiner reports!!

• Advertisement

Also, would not recommend glancing at sample answers after, so rough!

Are these sample answers for the exams this week?? Not sure if I want to know where I can see these....

kel.lynch wrote: »
    Are these sample answers for the exams this week?? Not sure if I want to know where I can see these....

No, sample answers from similar questions in past years

No, sample answers from similar questions in past years

I think it would be best for me to avoid those!! Onwards to EU I go....!

Am I right in thinking last papers in constitutional have had nothing on protection of life in pregnancy bill/act or anything re savita case?

Similarly nothing re Marie fleming?

My manual has nothing re Pringle, McGowan, fried chicken cases so I'm afraid its too outdated. Anyone passed before on just manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

Midlecat wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking last papers in constitutional have had nothing on protection of life in pregnancy bill/act or anything re savita case?

Similarly nothing re Marie fleming?

My manual has nothing re Pringle, McGowan, fried chicken cases so I'm afraid its too outdated. Anyone passed before on just manual?

You are right there was no q on them so it may be due but equally the areas aren't that large so maybe that's why they haven't been up and he prob knows people are preempting them.

Savita case jut raise the abortion issue and led to the act wasn't really imp from a constitutional case perspective.

Not sure on manual. I'm using it and own notes and hoping for an ok paper! Best of luck!!!

Legal125 wrote: »
    You are right there was no q on them so it may be due but equally the areas aren't that large so maybe that's why they haven't been up and he prob knows people are preempting them.

Savita case jut raise the abortion issue and led to the act wasn't really imp from a constitutional case perspective.

Not sure on manual. I'm using it and own notes and hoping for an ok paper! Best of luck!!!

Thanks a mil. I'm just starting today last minute decision to do it so no harm in chancing it I might get lucky. Best of luck to you too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

Thanks a mil. I'm just starting today last minute decision to do it so no harm in chancing it I might get lucky. Best of luck to you too!!

Yeah if u cover a few bulk areas u never know sure.
    I'm trying not to let it overwhelm me.
    Just have to keep the faith. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JCx

Equity is meant to be one of the easier exams???? Why am I so overwhelmed then? Nothing's going right!

JCx wrote: »
    Equity is meant to be one of the easier exams???? Why am I so overwhelmed then? Nothing's going right!

Stick with it I think its nicer than contract. Its one of the ones that feels awful but I think issues are easier to identify in exam situation on the day. A lot you have probably done for contract already so definitely cover those again. Undue influence estoppel and remedies should be quick enough. Injuctions is guaranteed so def cover that though its so massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 JCx

Stick with it I think its nicer than contract. Its one of the ones that feels awful but I think issues are easier to identify in exam situation on the day. A lot you have probably done for contract already so definitely cover those again. Undue influence estoppel and remedies should be quick enough. Injuctions is guaranteed so def cover that though its so massive.

I've rectification, recission, proprietary estoppel, trustees and tracing done..... Injunctions and any of the trusts have me in a spin. It's the sheer volume I think. Is anyone focusing on certain trusts only?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement