Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

dashdoll wrote: »
    Im totally exhausted too and totally unprepared ..kinda pointless me sitting it at this stage.

Had a coffee and a redbull and still sleepy! I will have a stomach ulcer after these exams! :-(

Seriously, lads - do not underestimate the power of going to bed now and having another craic at it at 5/6 in the morning. Your brain will be way more likely to take stuff in after it has rested for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

Seriously, lads - do not underestimate the power of going to bed now and having another craic at it at 5/6 in the morning. Your brain will be way more likely to take stuff in after it has rested for a while.

I just want to echo this really sound logic, if its not going in now, it will after some sleep! LAST PUSH guys, you can do it!! (and for those of us doing Constitutional Friday - SECOND LAST PUSH!!) :cool:

Wish I'd taken my own advice instead of messing about on Boards all day...

Wish I'd taken my own advice instead of messing about on Boards all day...

At least you're not alone :rolleyes: Back up career in motivational speaking?

saor19 wrote: »
    At least you're not alone :rolleyes: Back up career in motivational speaking?

Definitely. I am so equipped at telling other people how to study and get things done.

I'm just terrible at doing the above myself. :D

May call her a night myself and set the alarm for some hideous pre-dawn hour. It can't be all bad, folks - sure we might surprise ourselves yet. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Lolers11

How are people getting on with study for constitutional?? I'm very much behind on my plan for the day. As usual.

Just wondering if people are studying The Pres and the AG? Is this likely to come up again do you reckon? I am repeating from March 2014 and I don't want to get stung again by leaving it out. Oh god I hope it's a nicer paper this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Lolers11 wrote: »
    How are people getting on with study for constitutional?? I'm very much behind on my plan for the day. As usual.

Just wondering if people are studying The Pres and the AG? Is this likely to come up again do you reckon? I am repeating from March 2014 and I don't want to get stung again by leaving it out. Oh god I hope it's a nicer paper this time!

Not great , I read the book about a month ago and only starting from scratch feel like giving up not to mention other dramas start sparking in my life soon as exams start typical!! So my head is in the clouds .

Mileyt wrote: »
    Not great , I read the book about a month ago and only starting from scratch feel like giving up not to mention other dramas start sparking in my life soon as exams start typical!! So my head is in the clouds .

It's very hard to stay motivated when you have such a huge course to study! But I did this exam last time on minimal study and got 44, so I reckon sometimes more goes in than you think.

Just try and put everything else aside for one day and try and tackle as much as you can. In 24 hours you can forget about it!

These exams really are horrific for the sleep deprivation and how they take over your life while you're doing them.

It's very hard to stay motivated when you have such a huge course to study! But I did this exam last time on minimal study and got 44, so I reckon sometimes more goes in than you think.

Just try and put everything else aside for one day and try and tackle as much as you can. In 24 hours you can forget about it!

These exams really are horrific for the sleep deprivation and how they take over your life while you're doing them.

thanks, True it's not even the exams it's the stopping if your life it's very hard However I will be enjoying every moment of this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

You'll get through it and come out the other side. I'm being super negative but not doing the exam now part of the reason being I'd have to get bus at five in morning and leave my house at four and just can't face it. If I was up in Dublin I'd def head in a give it a lash and see what I get.

Definitely staying in Dublin again for march set. Are these your first set mileyt?

• Advertisement

Decent paper for Equity, but I completely blanked Charitable Trusts! May be seeing them again in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Mixed Equity Paper for me.

Q1: Handy enough question on charitable trusts. Happy that it got a full question.

Q3: Assuming it was quia timet injunctions? Threw in a bit about interlocutary applications too.

Q4: Rule in Strong v Bird was OK. Completely blanked on Advancement but managed to remember a few cases and general principles.

Q7: Basic enough problem regarding Undue Influence and banks' obligations regarding constructive notice, etc.

Q8: Another problem question regarding trusteeship. Didn't know anything about the first part (what investments a trustee can make) but hopefully made up for it with the second part (standard of care).

Midlecat wrote: »
    You'll get through it and come out the other side. I'm being super negative but not doing the exam now part of the reason being I'd have to get bus at five in morning and leave my house at four and just can't face it. If I was up in Dublin I'd def head in a give it a lash and see what I get.

Definitely staying in Dublin again for march set. Are these your first set mileyt?

Yeah first time, it's horrible :( I'm going to try study my head in the clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

thanks, True it's not even the exams it's the stopping if your life it's very hard However I will be enjoying every moment of this weekend :)

Its takes serious commitment but hopefully it'll be worth it! I felt so deprived I booked a holiday..leaving Saturday..roll on the weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Well looks like I'm sitting equity again....

Yeah first time, it's horrible :( I'm going to try study my head in the clouds

Fair play to you! Go for it sure you've nothing to lose. Got my first three last time and they went awful so you don't know.

Psychologically was not ready for it this time especially with travelling up and being abroad before hand and now left myself with the five biggies in March :) but will be motivated next time.

Best of luck with it this time tomorrow you will be done!

safc_pete wrote: »
    Q3: Assuming it was quia timet injunctions? Threw in a bit about interlocutary applications too.

I said prohibitory perpetual quia timet Injunction and lashed down how he should go for an interlocutory one too. While he was at it, like. Them poor dolphins. :P

Question 5 was the exact same as the 2012 question someone asked about last night! And did I remember the Irish and English rule difference for the friend thing and residual clauses? Did I féck! Didn't even remember there was a bloody rule - I said the residual stuff was a charitable trust. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

What area of law was question 5 actually about? I mentioned legal right share and the new part of charities act on heritage and culture but didn't know what was expected?!

What area of law was question 5 actually about? I mentioned legal right share and the new part of charities act on heritage and culture but didn't know what was expected?!

It was express trusts, two of the three certainties -certainty of intention (re land to John) and certainty of objects (defining "relatives and friends").

I said the residual clause was a charitable trust, but it was actually more that the remainder of her estate after John and the class of beneficiaries are taken care of will result back to her estate and go to the Historical Society. Therefore the Society can claim the the trustee cannot accurately decide who her "friends" were when she was so popular, in the hopes that the trust will fail and they will get more money.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

King Ian wrote: »
    Looks like a very handy equity paper.

1) very handy problem on charitable trusts
    2) essay on complete constitution. Not everyone's cup of tea but easy if you had it prepared
    3) decent enough problem on injunctions that would allow you to waffle on about interloc, quia timet and perpetual
    4) standard note question which everyone should have had at least two of the bits prepared for
    5) standard problem on three certainties etc. Not everyone's cup of tea but this was an easy problem
    6) essay constructive trusts and liability of strangers. Awkward little topic which a lot of people would avoid id say
    7) simple enough question on UI and banking matters which was asked verbatim before
    8) essentially an uncomplicated essay on trusteeship

An eminently pass-able paper
    Moderator: do not post in this thread again.

This is a stressful time for people sitting these exams and the law doesn't come to everyone as easily as it does to you.

• Advertisement

Moderator: do not post in this thread again.

This is a stressful time for people sitting these exams and the law doesn't come to everyone as easily as it does to you.

Well said Hullabaloo. If the previous comment had any substance to it EVERY exam would be easy had you prepared

If I recall the three certainties wasn't identifiable yesterday to someone from past exam papers and was even questioned when sunshine and showers provided further info. Today its easy. Big turnaround in 24 hrs. Its very easy to sit with an open book and identify every issue outside an exam situation. We'd all find it easy if we had the paper beforehand and then prepare however its a lottery and unfortunately in an exam situation we don't have the luxury of knowing what is coming up. Lol we can all look at the paper and say thats this and that.

I know in my office the solicitors are far too busy to be trolling student forums maybe its a sign of the times.

I don't care if I get banned for the above his behaviour is scandalous and immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Just off the phone from my mother who rang to ask 'but you have everything covered for Constitutional anyway right?'. Lord give me patience... LOL. Made a mental note to show her what covering everything for constitutional law would entail next time I see her! Good luck to everyone sitting Const tomorro! The last one thank jebus!

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Just off the phone from my mother who rang to ask 'but you have everything covered for Constitutional anyway right?'. Lord give me patience... LOL. Made a mental note to show her what covering everything for constitutional law would entail next time I see her! Good luck to everyone sitting Const tomorro! The last one thank jebus!

I know the feeling! Nobody outside of FE1 land seem to know the sheer volume of what's to be commanded to memory! Best of luck everyone no doubt the weekend will like a bit of normality again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 livelovelaugh

Mammy: "You'll be graaand, sure you have never failed anything. Why would you start now?"

There's a first time for everything, Mammy!

Mammy: "You'll be graaand, sure you have never failed anything. Why would you start now?"

There's a first time for everything, Mammy!

Ha. Yea same here. Last time scrapped by, tried explaining to family that this was different that I seriously wrote nothing and stared out the window. Mum said but you said that last time. Now I'm just saying they went OK and I'll act shocked when I fail :)

By the by I spent so long looking out the window in contract (unprepared) the invigilator came over and stood in front of me for ten minutes hovering about i bet he thought there was someone outside with flashcards love actually style.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

King Ian wrote: »
    Excuse me? Surely I'm entitled to my view as everyone else? Not EVERY one of these exams is equally horrific. Some are (one or two of the ones last week seemed to be particularly bad) but some can be fair and decent - like the one today.
    Banned.

It's that easy, folks.

God the separation of powers chapter is so hard to remember!

What are people thinking in terms of personal rights? I had planned on doing them all but it actually feels like every time I learn something new, an older topic is pushed out of my head. I think I need more coffee . . . and chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

God the separation of powers chapter is so hard to remember!

What are people thinking in terms of personal rights? I had planned on doing them all but it actually feels like every time I learn something new, an older topic is pushed out of my head. I think I need more coffee . . . and chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

I started to write what ones I intend on doing but stopped when I realised I was being way too ambitious and planning to do nearly them all! Like I'd remember all that!! I'm not doing freedom of assembly and association though definitely.

• Advertisement

saor19 wrote: »
    I started to write what ones I intend on doing but stopped when I realised I was being way too ambitious and planning to do nearly them all! Like I'd remember all that!! I'm not doing freedom of assembly and association though definitely.

Ha, I was about to do the same! Yes, it's very ambitious, but it think in this course the more you know the better.

Defo leaving out those two and a few other minor ones. I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and get as much done as I can till 12. Then bed till 5 and go over everything then. I'm tired just thinking about it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement