Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

saor19 wrote: »
    I started to write what ones I intend on doing but stopped when I realised I was being way too ambitious and planning to do nearly them all! Like I'd remember all that!! I'm not doing freedom of assembly and association though definitely.

I read all about f constitutional ages ago and I'm staring at the book now six hrs later no notes nothing ..cause last exams went bad zero motivation.

I was thinking of reading sop
    Institutions - courts and president
    Judicial review
    Fundamental rights
    Equality
    Personal rights
    Family
    And a glance at due law........

Anyone Esle?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

Mileyt wrote: »
    I read all about f constitutional ages ago and I'm staring at the book now six hrs later no notes nothing ..cause last exams went bad zero motivation.

I was thinking of reading sop
    Institutions - courts and president
    Judicial review
    Fundamental rights
    Equality
    Personal rights
    Family
    And a glance at due law........

Anyone Esle?

Try and maybe stick in fair procedures/right to good name. Have a look at Citys night before notes you never know what might stick. Plus try and forget about the last few exams - been there it's hard but hey only a few hours of the fe 1 season left for this year. Try and give it hell and your best shot for the time that's left. Best of luck, I for one cannot wait for tommorrow to be done. Hopefully a nice paper to finish on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Aww lads so deflated. Answered that problem q on injunctions just on quia timet :( is that totally wrong ??!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 OJ4

hey vickyplumx so did i.....just talked about qt and had a line or 2 on perpetual at the end i wonder what the marks willbe like for that

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

vickyplumx wrote: »
    Aww lads so deflated. Answered that problem q on injunctions just on quia timet :( is that totally wrong ??!

Don't worry, didn't do that question myself but I thought it was quia timet too and you will get marks for that! I just realised that I completely contradicted myself in the certainties q and don't get me started on the rubbish I wrote for Tort. These exams don't just test your knowledge, they test endurance and the ability to pick yourself up. Everyone messes up a bit, it doesn't mean a fail!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Banned.

It's that easy, folks.

That's ridiculous. I can't believe you banned someone for that.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's ridiculous. I can't believe you banned someone for that.
    Please appraise yourself of the forum charter and, in particular, this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Jesus Christ this is torture. No chance in hell of me remembering anything in the morning. ****ing Dev, still ****ing us after all these years.

safc_pete wrote: »
    Jesus Christ this is torture. No chance in hell of me remembering anything in the morning. ****ing Dev, still ****ing us after all these years.

With you there! Just. So. Much. Information.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

Anyone know when moodle access for the independent/city courses is cut off after the exams finish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 GummyBears

I still have access to City moodle..gonna make sure I have everything printed cause I'll def be doing those four again in March.

GOOD LUCK with constitutional everyone!! :)

Does anyone know when results are out or how long law soc usually take to release them?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GummyBears

Sorry scratch that..just logged into Moodle and the material is no longer there for the subjects I was enrolled for!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I just noticed that too. Went on the save a few bits...bit mean of them but I think City allow you to access materials for free if you're repeating a subject.

Just sat my first few and definitely didn't get three, so annoyed at myself. Spent ages making perfect notes and watching lectures and not enough time learning.

Don't even feel relieved that the exams are over now, just wish I had done more!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

dashdoll wrote: »
    I just noticed that too. Went on the save a few bits...bit mean of them but I think City allow you to access materials for free if you're repeating a subject.

Just sat my first few and definitely didn't get three, so annoyed at myself. Spent ages making perfect notes and watching lectures and not enough time learning.

Don't even feel relieved that the exams are over now, just wish I had done more!

Hi perfect notes means if you have to do them again, you have most of the work done ready :) you never know you might have done enough and got the 3, Forget about it for now and enjoy the freedom !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

GummyBears wrote: »
    Sorry scratch that..just logged into Moodle and the material is no longer there for the subjects I was enrolled for!! :(
    dashdoll wrote: »

Results are usually always out six Fridays from the last exam, so work it out for yourself.

I never did a professional course, but from what I can remember when doing these exams I think I remember them all saying that if you failed a subject you can repeat the course with them free of charge. Worth checking out if it comes to it.

Yup, mines gone! :( Hopefully you're right and we can sit it again for free cause i most definitely will be back again in March...!

Just glanced quickly at the websites there and it looks like you can repeat free with city colleges but that you have to pay 95e with independent colleges!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought that was the most horrendous constitutional paper ever......I had about 16 topics prepared and I could only answer 1 question!!

Particularly annoying cos I got my first four in April and was happy with my first three in this sitting....a nice paper today and I was free!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Yup! Absolutely dire paper!! Worst exam I've ever done. Hello sitting all four of those bad boys again in March. Thanks, Constitutional and Equity. :(

Thank god I saved all my Independent stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Fair enough I didn't study but I couldn't even guess what some of those questions came under. Compared to 2013 paper that was tough :/

• Advertisement

Yup! Absolutely dire paper!! Worst exam I've ever done. Hello sitting all four of those bad boys again in March. Thanks, Constitutional and Equity. :(

Thank god I saved all my Independent stuff!

So relieved I'm not the only one who thinks that!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Ah lads, that exam sounds awful! Does anyone even know what came up or was it that indecipherable?

It seems almost impossible to prepare for so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeyTherePlease

I did q1 proportionality, cox toughy and Heany, q3 socio-economic rights under separation of powers, q4 cases, the question on judicial deference and MD v Ireland, and then fair procedures! Very very ambiguous paper, the usually ****e you can expect from examiners when you think your well prepared

I could work out what most of the questions were about, but they were so awkwardly phrased. And I was only half sure on most of the question subjects!

At least it's over!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Yea that's that until march so. For constitutional was going to do a prep course maybe but seems like I might be better getting a text, nutshells and supplement with new cases. Will worry about that in another few weeks.

Enjoy the weekend everyone well deserved!!

Midlecat wrote: »
    Yea that's that until march so. For constitutional was going to do a prep course maybe but seems like I might be better getting a text, nutshells and supplement with new cases. Will worry about that in another few weeks.

Enjoy the weekend everyone well deserved!!

Even though they're out of date, I like Kelly and Casey for texts, especially Casey. Don't think there's been a new nutshell since 2006 so I wouldn't bother! I'm gonna do textbooks, bits of manual for updates and new case law. But feck that til the new year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

That was not fun! I read the paper and it was so bad I actually laughed! But hey FREEDOM! Thank god! Enjoy everyone. No need to worry for another 6 wks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

God that Constitutional exam was awful. Really, really awkward questions. Could only answer four of them and that's after I got lucky with the case notes Q. Made a choice to either study Religion or AG & the Prez. Made a bad choice there. After equity and constitutional, I definitely didn't get the three so I'll have some decisions to make. If I go again I'm definitely burning off constitutional as a ghost paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

safc_pete wrote: »
    God that Constitutional exam was awful. Really, really awkward questions. Could only answer four of them and that's after I got lucky with the case notes Q. Made a choice to either study Religion or AG & the Prez. Made a bad choice there. After equity and constitutional, I definitely didn't get the three so I'll have some decisions to make. If I go again I'm definitely burning off constitutional as a ghost paper.

This pretty much sums up it for me as well. More or less everything covered in the manual and got stuck. Second guessing and doubting whether I identified the right issues. Got three okish questions and got hopefully enough down for 2 more. Absolutely horrendous. Jeez I was shattered but seeing that paper this morning just took the biscuit. Anyways freedom and all that jazz!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Lolers11

Yup, when I opened that paper I nearly lost it. Even if you had covered most of the course it would have been tough. I studied so many things and not a lot of it came up.

Even the essay questions were difficult to pinpoint main points. I don't even know what I wrote, it was all a blur of panic. Ah well, it's over now! Time to get some sleep . . .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement