Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobsterlfc

Anyone any idea when the 2015 sitting will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Wow the activity here really drops off...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭neesie_85

next sitting will be in late march or early April, they usually put up a provisional once the results are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 laurap123

If you miss out on passing the exams can you sit 4 in march and the remaining 4 in April next year? or do you have to wait until october to do the remaining 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

laurap123 wrote: »
    If you miss out on passing the exams can you sit 4 in march and the remaining 4 in April next year? or do you have to wait until october to do the remaining 4?

No. There isn't usually a sitting in March and April. Last year was an exception. Not sure you would have been allowed divide the 8 between the two sittings last year in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 RossLynch33

Hi guys was just wondering if anyone could confirm what topics came up for the Property September 2014 paper?

Much appreciated in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Anyone have any idea when these results will be up? I see 2015 dates are up today and they are in March!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

No Paddy's Day celebrations for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

MissM89 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when these results will be up? I see 2015 dates are up today and they are in March!

Provisional date is apparantly 21 November which is 7 Fridays from when they finished, usually it's 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Legal125 wrote: »
    Provisional date is apparantly 21 November which is 7 Fridays from when they finished, usually it's 6.

Where did you hear that?

I see that the rules have changed and from the next sitting first timers will only be required to sit three and pass three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Where did you hear that?

I see that the rules have changed and from the next sitting first timers will only be required to sit three and pass three.

I got an email from city colleges advertising the start of their next course and the email said that the provisional date for results was the 21st of Nov. Usually six weeks so that is a week later than usual. I wonder did the college ring the law society?

The rule change will be a handy money saver for the first timers but personally I liked having a fourth topic as a safety net as one of the exams could just be a bad paper like Constitutional last time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

making arrangements to buy manuals - finally, for the first set of FE1's in April.

Finished my law undergrad in summer just gone and have been just working/faffing about since.

can't wait to start studying again (sounds lame but it's just that i prefer studying and focus to aimless floating)

FE1'S 2015 here we come - yee-haw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Hi guys.. Just wondering where did you all find out about the new three sitting rule?? Law Society website is down :(

Tackling my first set now in April 2015.. Have bought the one manual so far (baby steps!!!).. Working full time though so I know it's going to be tough! Although I'd love to tackle four just to have the back up I'm really unsure whether I'll have enough holidays to take four so the three sounds tempting to me!

Went to the Independent Colleges open night and got talking to one of the lecturers who told me that with a law degree you probably don't need to take the course for the knowledge aspect of it but he told me that by going to class every week and taking in as much as you can probably equates to doing actually about 10-12 hours in total of your own work. Definitely sounds promising for Constitutional since its huge!!

Just have a small question before I get too dragged down into the manuals.. I have heard from people that ALL you need to know for these exams is everything in the manuals.. Is this true? I understand these exams are completely different to college exams but should I be looking towards academic texts etc in order to bulk up my answers or literally just learn and apply everything the manual has to offer?

Thanks a mil!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

smeal wrote: »
    Hi guys.. Just wondering where did you all find out about the new three sitting rule?? Law Society website is down :(

Tackling my first set now in April 2015.. Have bought the one manual so far (baby steps!!!).. Working full time though so I know it's going to be tough! Although I'd love to tackle four just to have the back up I'm really unsure whether I'll have enough holidays to take four so the three sounds tempting to me!

Went to the Independent Colleges open night and got talking to one of the lecturers who told me that with a law degree you probably don't need to take the course for the knowledge aspect of it but he told me that by going to class every week and taking in as much as you can probably equates to doing actually about 10-12 hours in total of your own work. Definitely sounds promising for Constitutional since its huge!!

Just have a small question before I get too dragged down into the manuals.. I have heard from people that ALL you need to know for these exams is everything in the manuals.. Is this true? I understand these exams are completely different to college exams but should I be looking towards academic texts etc in order to bulk up my answers or literally just learn and apply everything the manual has to offer?

Thanks a mil!

:)
    ***March 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Is it definitely the 21st so the results are out? I know I'll be repeating but they are leaving it late aren't they considering exams now in early March.

I have to pass Constitutional Tort Company Contract and EU this sitting. Its not going to be fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Midlecat wrote: »
    Is it definitely the 21st so the results are out? I know I'll be repeating but they are leaving it late aren't they considering exams now in early March.

I have to pass Constitutional Tort Company Contract and EU this sitting. Its not going to be fun...

The 21st seems very late to me also, particularly because some of the prep courses for the March 2015 exams are actually starting today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

dashdoll wrote: »
    The 21st seems very late to me also, particularly because some of the prep courses for the March 2015 exams are actually starting today.

Ya I was surprised to hear it could be the 21st. 7 wks is a long time to wait! I'll still be checking my inbox for an email from lawsociety next wk saying they are out te 14th! If it's the 21st thou it really prolongs the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prettylamp

I got an email from the firm that I have a training contract with to let them know how many fe1s I'd passed by the 12th!! Do they know something we don't?!?

prettylamp wrote: »
    I got an email from the firm that I have a training contract with to let them know how many fe1s I'd passed by the 12th!! Do they know something we don't?!?

That's not even six Fridays after the last exam!

Tell them that unless they have an inside connection, they'll be waiting longer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

That's not even six Fridays after the last exam!

Tell them that unless they have an inside connection, they'll be waiting longer!

Yeah I called today and they said 21 is the 'provisional date'.

wish it was earlier in a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

21st!!!! I just want to know now. What takes them so long :(

Some joke altogether. Re EU will a 2012 manual suffice anyone know if substantial changes?

Some joke altogether. Re EU will a 2012 manual suffice anyone know if substantial changes?

I just watched my first Tort lecture last night...I am goin to need a lot of help with this one. I was totally lost :(

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I just watched my first Tort lecture last night...I am goin to need a lot of help with this one. I was totally lost :(

How many you doing this time? Do you have much to go?

I am sitting four this time round possibly more as I haven't got results yet.

Kinda felt I had to start next lectures so I'm in limbo at the moment. :(

How about you?

I take it you don't have a background in law? Maybe then you don't know about what I like to think of as the secret weapon approach of wikipedia and nutshells when approaching new subjects. :P

Obviously not to be relied upon for the exams, but so much easier to understand and to give you a grounding in the basic principles before you get into the nitty gritty of it!

I take it you don't have a background in law? Maybe then you don't know about what I like to think of as the secret weapon approach of wikipedia and nutshells when approaching new subjects. :P

Obviously not to be relied upon for the exams, but so much easier to understand and to give you a grounding in the basic principles before you get into the nitty gritty of it!

Thanks, unfortunately I do have a background in Law but I never liked Tort, I'm not sure why as it's not incredibly difficult I just can't get my head around it.

I have a nutshell already - they are a lifesaver when getting to grips with things first so my weekend will be sober going through it.

• Advertisement

Thanks, unfortunately I do have a background in Law but I never liked Tort, I'm not sure why as it's not incredibly difficult I just can't get my head around it.

I have a nutshell already - they are a lifesaver when getting to grips with things first so my weekend will be sober going through it.

Ah Tort was a pain in the árse. I remember a lecturer spent 2 hours explaining something and I hadn't a clue what he was on about. 5 minutes on Wikipedia and it made complete sense!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement