Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Just a quick question...

Do people who have passed some fe1's before think that studying december through to march is plenty of time to pass 4 fe1 exams?

i have a law undergrad (2014). three and a half months - enough time for 4 subjects? (property, equity, constitutional and contract?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Just a quick question...

Do people who have passed some fe1's before think that studying december through to march is plenty of time to pass 4 fe1 exams?

i have a law undergrad (2014). three and a half months - enough time for 4 subjects? (property, equity, constitutional and contract?)
    Plenty of time in my opinion. Especially considering your four subjects. I would get going in constitutional thou as it's a big subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Thanks Pepp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

neesie_85 wrote: »
    brilliant thanks :)

its going to be a busy Christmas and new year... especially since the exams are earlier this year.

what dates are they next year??

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    Anyone has done done EU or Cons independent colleges before? Are the lecturers good in your opinion? Thinking of signing up to them..

EU guy is exceptionally good, one of the best "yutors" of a subject ive came across, assuming it is the same guy since 2013.

the onus is on you in constitutional law and no matter how good a const law lecturer is (the girl in IC isgood but nothing exceptional) the real learning is done by your reading. Its one of those subjects you almost teach yourself but having the guidance of lecturer is great help

• Advertisement

EU guy is exceptionally good, one of the best "yutors" of a subject ive came across, assuming it is the same guy since 2013.

the onus is on you in constitutional law and no matter how good a const law lecturer is (the girl in IC isgood but nothing exceptional) the real learning is done by your reading. Its one of those subjects you almost teach yourself but having the guidance of lecturer is great help

** "tutors"

At least this time tomorrow we will know our results one way or the other. I've been delaying studying until I got my results. I spent the last 7 weeks waiting for them but now I don't want to know! I feel borderline ill! The moment you click in to see is horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Any idea if results should arrive in the post tomorrow too or will it be Monday?

Not letting me log in with my ID and temporary password for some reason.

dashdoll wrote: »
    Any idea if results should arrive in the post tomorrow too or will it be Monday?

Not letting me log in with my ID and temporary password for some reason.

The first time I sat them I didnt have a letter until the following monday but last time out I had the letter on the Fri morning before the results were posted online. So I imagine they are sent out today and it depends on your postman?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    At least this time tomorrow we will know our results one way or the other. I've been delaying studying until I got my results. I spent the last 7 weeks waiting for them but now I don't want to know! I feel borderline ill! The moment you click in to see is horrendous

Same here. Ill be in work where everyone knows ill expecting results and there will be lots of happy interns too i suspect. It will either be a good day or bad day at the office but yes clicking on login and the loading screen would set your heart racing

• Advertisement

Best of luck tomorrow everyone by the way. A lot of prayers will be said no doubt. Ive to thank Joseph of Cupertino so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bertie1986

My office is exactly the same. Lots of paralegals waiting on results and I'm really new so am dreading having to give the bad news to my boss. There will be no sleep had tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RCFE15

Best of luck everyone! I'm sure all your hard work will have paid off!! I'm sitting them in March so will be on thread asking alot of questions between now and then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

I've barely slept all night, keep having dreams about results :(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I've barely slept all night, keep having dreams about results :(

Me too. Tossed and turned. I can't actually cope in reality that we are getting results today. I know it's happening but like at the same time a part of me is pretending it's not :/

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Anyone get theirs in the post this morning? Had really been hoping not to have to check in work. Oh well
    Best of luck everyone!

Anyone get theirs in the post this morning? Had really been hoping not to have to check in work. Oh well
    Best of luck everyone!

Same. Wouldve loved not to have to check them in work but nothing in the post this morning. I feel so sick. I want to know. I don't want to know. Aaarrrrgghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Good luck to all getting results.

I spent just over a year and a half getting all 8 FE1's (passed my final one last March), so I know only too well the highs and lows results day can bring. I've been there for the miserable fails and feeling like "why did I bother", and then the ecstatic highs of seeing the passing results and all your hard work being rewarded.

To those who pass, well done and keep it up!

To those who fail, I've been there, perservere, you will get them!

I'm now the other end of the spectrum and in the difficulty of getting a training contract. Although I'm still working in the legal field, seeking the training contract has stalled for now after an exhausting 2 months in July/August of doing interviews. I ended up not even applying for the big 5-10 this year. I'll look into getting the CV out again after Christmas and hopefully get a decent one for next September.

Good luck to all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Same. Wouldve loved not to have to check them in work but nothing in the post this morning. I feel so sick. I want to know. I don't want to know. Aaarrrrgghh!

I'm the exact same!

Last two waiting on and really have a gut feeling failed one of them so really don't know if I want to see them or not at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I live not one mile from the Law Society and didn't get mine in the post... :P

• Advertisement

I live not one mile from the Law Society and didn't get mine in the post... :P
    Not sent out untill today then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Passed two failed two again!! 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Passed one, failed three. >.< Didn't even fail by much! Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fionaxoxox

Keep getting access denied!!! >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Passed two,failed two..first sitting so no joy. 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

I failed both knew I did as only did three questions - think only 2.5 for contract but I got bloody 48% in it with 2.5/3 questions. is this worth getting rechecked?

Bayley1 wrote: »
    Passed two failed two again!! 😩

Are they for the first three?

Im afraid to look. Im slowly but surely getting a breakfast into me first.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

I keep getting access denied

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

anyone else getting access denied??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

Failed my last two miserably. I definitely thought i passed constitutional and ended up getting 36% I really cant believe it!

Is it worth a re-check?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement