Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

dandadub wrote: »
    Are they for the first three?

Im afraid to look. Im slowly but surely getting a breakfast into me first.

Yeah it was for my first three and my second time to try for them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Bayley1 wrote: »

That's awful I was rooting for you! I don't know what way these are marked at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Got three failed one. So thats 7/8 for me. just EU to resit in march. For everyone who got two and failed two on their first sitting....That happened to me twice. I know how you are feeling. But I can hand on heart say that when you pass them it is worth it and more! Plus the experience of sitting them really really stands to you. I know that's worth f*ck all to ye now but in time it will. Keep the heads up folks. For those who passed major congrats. You only get these by sheer bloody mindiness! Ill be back here after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

It took me three gos to get three so perservere! You can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

It took me three goes aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

still access denied.....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

still access denied.....

Same...going mad

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fionaxoxox

still access denied.....

Me too. This is so frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

I passed all 8. It is possible. second sitting.
    Sorry just read other posts. That's not to say it's not incredibly difficult tho

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

Fionaxoxox wrote: »
    Me too. This is so frustrating...

still the same page!! maybe this means we did really well ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Kildaregal

Well I just got my last one after 3 attempts at doing it so for those of you repeating don't give up hope! I didn't and got there in the end. I got my other 7 first time and then got stuck on contract law but eventually got there.

Best of luck to everyone with more to do! This is a great support thread.

Hopefully see some of you in blackhall in September!:) I now have to get an apprenticeship!:)

Legal125 wrote: »
    I passed all 8. It is possible. second sitting.
    Sorry just read other posts. That's not to say it's not incredibly difficult tho

Well done! Congrats :)
    Did you do all right together?

Well done! Congrats :)
    Did you do all right together?

**eight

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

All eight finally done. To those who still have them to do - keep going. When you get the results you don't want - nothing worse, been there. Clear the head over the next while get it out of the system completely and come back with a bang. It's a long road and I know this is a cliché but it is worth it. Good luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Got the golden 3! The relief!

**eight

I did them over two. Four and four. I didn't do a course or anything. Just manuals and supplementing them.

I had the most self doubt of anyone. So a lot of it is keeping the head on exam day (easier said than done)

I feel for everyone getting results this morning. It's a cruel process.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

finally got the magic 3 after my second attempt! What a blooming relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prettylamp

Is it worth getting a 43 rechecked if it would give you the first three?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cyclestudent

Have been much more of a reader of this thread than a contributor but have followed it closely since October 2013. I got my last one this morning - constitutional. I sat 4, passed 4. Sat the next 4, passed 3 and then resat my last one so took me three attempts in total.

These exams are very very difficult. They require so much hard work and perseverance. Even when you put in the hard graft, it is possible to come up short such is the element of unpredictability. The disappointment in failing after so much work is heartbreaking but my advice to anyone is just to stick with them and keep battling through. The feeling at the end is incredible.

Thanks for all your help and opinions on this thread over the last year.

prettylamp wrote: »

It depends on your own gut instinct as to whether u thought ur paper was a pass grade.if it was me and I thought it was I would as it's 100eur cost now but may save you repaying to do all again. (Albeit not guaranteed)
    I don't think anyone can tell u really definitively. I know of people who have been brought up from 43 and likewise people who haven't so it's a tough call and it depends on the subject. Ie tort he is a hard marker. It was my lowest but def not my worst paper.
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Midlecat wrote: »
    That's awful I was rooting for you! I don't know what way these are marked at all :(

Thanks...it's so annoying I really thought I did it this time. Ah well...

Well i got 50 in Equity! (Thank god!) 58 in Property and 43 in Constitution. Worth a recheck?? 5 down so far!

prettylamp wrote: »

What did you get 43 in if you mind me asking?

Thanks...it's so annoying I really thought I did it this time. Ah well...

I'm the opposite, I did better than I thought getting 48% in Contract - I thought I totally bombed and that makes me not care about the next exam. Wish I attempted a fourth question now.

37% in Company :( technically I passed every question but sure can't get more than 3 questions done in any exam bar Equity last time.

How many now in March will you do?

Well i got 50 in Equity! (Thank god!) 58 in Property and 43 in Constitution. Worth a recheck?? 5 down so far!

I think I would definitely get it rechecked especially when it's your last one

Midlecat wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, I did better than I thought getting 48% in Contract - I thought I totally bombed and that makes me not care about the next exam. Wish I attempted a fourth question now.

37% in Company :( technically I passed every question but sure can't get more than 3 questions done in any exam bar Equity last time.

How many now in March will you do?

To be honest, I have no idea what to do next. I got 47 in one so will get that rechecked and hope for the 3. If I continue I will probably attempt 5 in March as I have sat 5 before so I'll have all my notes

To be honest, I have no idea what to do next. I got 47 in one so will get that rechecked and hope for the 3. If I continue I will probably attempt 5 in March as I have sat 5 before so I'll have all my notes

You should definitely get rechecked. Im going to get mine rechecked and start study for the other four and then in January start into Contract again maybe.

Well done to anyone who passed and now on to the next set! Hopefully will pass all five in March :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prettylamp

What did you get 43 in if you mind me asking?

Equity. I would love to get it. Such a waste of a summer if not

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Second time around, still haven't gotten the magic 3. Actually did worse this time around.

I'll have to do some soul searching now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Irishangler18

Finally got the 8 under my belt! Failed Tort twice and equity once. Got 51 in Tort this time around so im delighted.

Personally I found these exams to be extremely difficult. The only way to pass them is through sheer hardwork and exam technique. It is vital that you attempt 5 questions on the exam paper. Those who tell you they passed answering 2.5/3 questions are filling you up with crap.

It is also important to cover every aspect of the course, especially with subjects like Tort and Criminal where the problem questions usually cover various aspects of the course.

Those who didnt pass keep the head up and make it your business to pass next time. With hard work and belief you WILL get these exams. The overwhelming feeling of joy when you do get them is so worth it.

Best off luck everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement