Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi all - does anyone have up to date property/equity grids they could send on? in return i have criminal, company and contract up to March 2013 that i can send?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Hi all - does anyone have up to date property/equity grids they could send on? in return i have criminal, company and contract up to March 2013 that i can send?

i have equity grid ...il trade for company :) send on your email!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobsterlfc

Michelle

I have equity too if i could swap it for criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sadie262

Anyone have any experience with not being able to find a results letter to put with the application?? Have my March 2013 one, but can't find Oct 2012 - will be ringing the law soc tomorrow, anyone any idea on the likely response??

can anyone tell me the topics that came up in the oct 2012 sitting for tort please?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 FEBun

Hi,

Looking for up to date (March 2013) Criminal grid, or the most recent examiner report.

Can swap for up to date grids in equity, contract, property or tort

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RossLynch33

Does anyone know if I fail my first four in October (first time applicant) do i have to sit a minimum of 4 again in March 2014 or can I take them as I please? It states in the rules that first time applicants must sit a minimum of four exams and must pass a minimum of three in order to have been deemed "passed". But are you deemed to be a "first time applicant" in March 2014 if you have sat them in October 2013 but subsequently failed? Anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks

Does anyone know if I fail my first four in October (first time applicant) do i have to sit a minimum of 4 again in March 2014 or can I take them as I please? It states in the rules that first time applicants must sit a minimum of four exams and must pass a minimum of three in order to have been deemed "passed". But are you deemed to be a "first time applicant" in March 2014 if you have sat them in October 2013 but subsequently failed? Anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks

Im afraid that unfortunately you have to sit four again ....until you pass 3 together you have to keep sitting four exams. so yep still a "first time applicant".

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hayesj8

I am considering doing the trademark exams and am wondering how do they compare to the Fe-1s in terms of workload.
    I am starting a masters in IP law and so am wondering if it would be too much to take these exams on at the same time as doing the masters.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RossLynch33

Milkypops wrote: »
    Im afraid that unfortunately you have to sit four again ....until you pass 3 together you have to keep sitting four exams. so yep still a "first time applicant".

That is tragic :/ But I can see the reason why as if this wasn't the case then people would be care free about the first round or even intentionally failing them so they can take them thereafter as they please. Why can't it be that easy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi all

Thoughts on what the March timetable will be like? Has anyone sat exams in Oct 2012/March 2012 - do the timetables swap around the entire time? Rang the LawSoc to see when March 14 timetable should be out - but not for another few months :(

Ive chosen to do prop, eq, contract and criminal. Cant decide if I should swap to company from contract as if the timetable for March 13 repeats itself for March 14 - i will then have 3 in the first week.

What are peoples thoughts? Is anyone else sitting their first 4 this oct? if so, which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kingcelt21

Just wondering if anybody could tell me how an ex gratia payment (not car parking fees) could impact on a duty owed to a recreational user under the Occupiers Liability Act? (see tort Q 2, March 2012 as an example).

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Fe1exams

Just in case anyone forgot, the application to sit the fe1 examinations is required to be delivered by tomorrow, at the latest for the forthcoming examination commencing the first week in October.

can anyone please tell me the topics came up in oct 12 and oct 11 sittings in tort....i have a grid but im missing those two sittings. thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

For EU, is it better to buy Blackstone's Treaties and bring that in, or would you get by with printouts?

PM'd you there Milkypops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

For EU, is it better to buy Blackstone's Treaties and bring that in, or would you get by with printouts?

PM'd you there Milkypops :)

You're not allowed to bring printouts in. It has to be the proper legislation that is permitted by the law society. Check the website and it tells you what legislation you can and can't bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

chops018 wrote: »
    You're not allowed to bring printouts in. It has to be the proper legislation that is permitted by the law society. Check the website and it tells you what legislation you can and can't bring in.

Ah ok thanks, I see that on their website now! Do you know if it works out cheaper to buy it from the Government Publications Office/Office of Official Publications of the EU or to just buy the Blackstone's one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Ah ok thanks, I see that on their website now! Do you know if it works out cheaper to buy it from the Government Publications Office/Office of Official Publications of the EU or to just buy the Blackstone's one?

I'm not sure. I just bought Blackstone's from Amazon when I was sitting EU.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Blackstone's isn't particularly expensive. Just over €20 usually and you can find it in your nearest college bookshop or larger Easons. it's also nicely indexed and has a table equating the pre/post Lisbon article numbering. g

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

Does anyone have any experience with the revision courses run at GCD or independent? Thinking of going with independents course because its two weeks earlier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Hi everyone,

Would anybody be able to post the topics that came up in the last equity sitting? Would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dave Freeman

Hi, Looking for FE1 exam solutions for all 8 subjects for Mar 2012, Oct 2012 and Mar 2013. Will pay or swap for other 2013 manuals/material I have. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Time is running on and I've decided to cut a topic from EU.Which would you recommend I drop?Equality or Private International Law?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Lily Belle wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Would anybody be able to post the topics that came up in the last equity sitting? Would be much appreciated.

I think April 2013
    Mandatory interlocutory injunctions-essay
    Undue influence - essay
    Proprietary estoppel - problem
    Three certainties - essay
    Donatio Mortis causa - problem
    Charitable-purpose trusts- essay
    Purpose trusts (non-charitable)-essay
    Trusteeship - essay
    Tracing - essay

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ownleme wrote: »
    I think April 2013
    Undue influence - essay
    Trusteeship - essay
    Tracing - essay
    There was a problem on secret/half-secret trusts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Ownleme wrote: »
    I think April 2013
    Undue influence - essay
    Trusteeship - essay
    Tracing - essay

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

For EU I would definitely recommend bringing in Blackstone's statutes. For Company you can make up your own mind because it's very expensive but Blackstone's EU statutes has so much and costs relatively little so it's definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lemonliman

Hi all,
    Looking for exam grids for equity, land and eu. Would be really grateful. I have exam grids up to 2012 in all the other subjects if they are any good to you!? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 filosoraptor

Just wondering if there are any topics that people would consider to be bankers for EU or what topics people are focusing on for the exam? Also working off a manual from the last sitting so was wondering if there were any new major cases or developments that I should be aware of?
    Any help much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

lemonliman wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Looking for exam grids for equity, land and eu. Would be really grateful. I have exam grids up to 2012 in all the other subjects if they are any good to you!? Thanks

I can give you an equity grid. Could I have the company one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement