Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to pull out of Equity tomorrow. Have had the last four days free from exams but just cannot concentrate, ive no motivation. So annoyed with myself. Nothing is going in.

I agree with the previous poster - don't pull out! When I did Tort in October a wave of depression hit me at about 9pm the night before about how much I still hadn't revised but something came over me about an hour later and I forced myself to persist for a couple of hours... and I got through a lot of stuff and managed to pass it the following day.

These exams are a truly depressing grind but the key is to stick with it no matter how bad you feel because you can often surprise yourself. And remember, no matter how crappy or unprepared you feel - there are hundreds of people who feel exactly the same, and yet a large proportion of them will end up passing! So you have no more or no less a chance than they do

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Hey. Can someone with experience tell me on average how long it takes for you to get your treaties handed back to you if you only hand it up the morning of the exam? I've only eu next wk and i can't hand it in the day before. If I had the treaties back within 30-40 mins I could be doing another question but anything longer and I'll have to consider going up early the day before. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Marathon.

They seemed to be handing out the Constitutions and Companies acts last week within 30 mins. They were certainly being handed out before I needed to even look at mine which I had in front of me. I wouldn't worry - give it in on the morning and you will be fine without it for the first 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Has Donatio mortis cause featured anytime recently anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 spaz_hawk

lawbear wrote:
    Has Donatio mortis cause featured anytime recently anyone know?

From what I can see the last time it came up as a full question was Q6 March 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

My manual is 2012 for eu will I get away with it? Anything major apart from Pringle I need to know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Thanks everyone that gave me advice. I was having a slight meltdown. I'm gonna walk my dogs then get stuck in again when I get back. I'm def gonna attempt it. Worse case - I fail which would be the same as not even attempting - I'll regret it if I don't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Were all talking EU so I thought i may ask those who may have sat the exam. What should i cover for competition? Is there a usual question that can come up? Its a pretty big chapter so im wondering do i need to know all of it or just certain parts?

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I too am having a meltdown about tomorrow.

Its my second time trying to pass it and get my first 3 so have to pass it but have myself worked into such a state now that I cant concentrate. Such a crappy experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 livelovelaugh

Continue trying to familiarise myself w new topics in equity or focus on improving the small number of topics that I have some knowledge of...that is the big dilemma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

dashdoll wrote: »
    I too am having a meltdown about tomorrow.

Its my second time trying to pass it and get my first 3 so have to pass it but have myself worked into such a state now that I cant concentrate. Such a crappy experience!

Totally with you here, I'm having a serious melt down and a reevaluation! This whole process me really making me question whether I even want a career In law anymore, I really don't think it's worth this miserableness!

• Advertisement

Totally with you here, I'm having a serious melt down and a reevaluation! This whole process me really making me question whether I even want a career In law anymore, I really don't think it's worth this miserableness!

Natural to think that - but don't lose heart! This is just the biggest part of the BS that would be lawyers have to get through. Don't let it make you doubt your desire for a csteer in it

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Continue trying to familiarise myself w new topics in equity or focus on improving the small number of topics that I have some knowledge of...that is the big dilemma!!

Ha I find that is the perpetual internal conflict with every single exam. So tempting to have the reassurance of knowing stuff really well as opposed to half knowing stuff. Risky though

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

So I had planned to do all the freedoms for EU today and still on freedom of goods (the first freedom).. Not feeling great about this whole thing ..

What is everyone topic for Eu? I defo need to take chances ...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 maya_bb

marky200ie wrote: »
    Having done EU last sitting (67), I would definitely recommend the case note to anyone doing the exam!! What a lot of people don't realise is that if you were to cover the 10 most popular cases across the exams you would have been guaranteed of 3 of them coming up out of the list of 8 each time!

Personally, I covered about 12 cases (taking 2 of the newer ones - consumer group Belgium one/ and Ryanair v Com) to be really safe (had a choice of 5 on the paper!!) - literally memorized an A4 page for each with the "facts/ issue/ court ruling/ application", structure - and as soon as I got the paper, spat it out for each case and had that question done in about 15min!

The examiner puts people off with criticism of the quality of answers to the case note but I think that's more down to people winging it as a last resort. If you have the time to prepare the 10 or so cases it's the easiest question on the whole Fe1 program - IMHO!

Hope that helps!

This is really great to know, thank you. I'm panicking a bit about EU. I've decided to leave out the competition question so think I should probably try and cover the case note question if I have time. Any chance you could recommend which 10 cases to cover?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I know that this is fairly lazy minute but how many topics to people have covered for Equity at this stage? In trying to work out how much/little I need to have done tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TMJK

So Section 3 of the Charities Act 2009 isn't enacted??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Hi All
    After s3 Charities Act came into force are cases like Dingle v Turner (poor relations) are no longer good authority?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lawlols

Hi All
    After s3 Charities Act came into force are cases like Dingle v Turner (poor relations) are no longer good authority?

Is it in force now??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RCFE15

lawlols wrote: »
    Is it in force now??

No, sections 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 90 & 99

Is it in force now??

No, sections 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 90 & 99

• Advertisement

Serious qs, i thought s3 was operative since Oct.

Am I wrong?

Anyone know what situation is now re saying of masses?

Totally confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

dashdoll wrote: »
    Serious qs, i thought s3 was operative since Oct.

Am I wrong?

Anyone know what situation is now re saying of masses?

Totally confused.

Section 3 is in force since October 2014 if you look at the commencement orders.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/isbc/2009_6.html

Section 3 is in force since October 2014 if you look at the commencement orders.

irishstatutebook.ie

Oh jeeze so section 3 is law now so it over-rules the poor relations and employees cases and masses must be in public

irishstatutebook.ie

Oh jeeze so section 3 is law now so it over-rules the poor relations and employees cases and masses must be in public

Oh god, Now I really feel like not sitting equity!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

I'm not sure why, but I'm really struggling with the problem questions in contract, really having trouble identifying the issues even though I don't find the content in the manual that bad. Anyone else finding that or am I just a lost cause?!

RCFE15 wrote: »

Oh god, Now I really feel like not sitting equity!

Me too! I think I'm going to ask randoms before the exam tomorrow their views on section 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

So ive studied solid for the last 6 weeks, genuinely. Constitution my favourite subject, I enjoy it, and it was an absolute disaster. Actually they all went bad for me, got totally panicked and stressed. Straight after the exam I signed up for equity, so ive spent the entire weekend studying, NOTHING has gone in. At most maybe 5 cases. So im just not going to do it.

Totally disheartened and disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 livelovelaugh

I know that this is fairly lazy minute but how many topics to people have covered for Equity at this stage? In trying to work out how much/little I need to have done tonight.
    FeDespair wrote: »
    So ive studied solid for the last 6 weeks, genuinely. Constitution my favourite subject, I enjoy it, and it was an absolute disaster. Actually they all went bad for me, got totally panicked and stressed. Straight after the exam I signed up for equity, so ive spent the entire weekend studying, NOTHING has gone in. At most maybe 5 cases. So im just not going to do it.

Totally disheartened and disappointed.

I'm not a happy camper either but you should do it!!! Think we would regret it afterwards and most people are in similar positions! 16 hours or so and it will be done! We got this!!!! Dwelling in our misery will get us nowhere!!

Im the same but honestly do it.

Im pretty sure im not gonna pass and its one of my first 3 but im gonna go and try my best.

Im in the exact same position as you...sitting in my hotel room in the red cow crying on the phone to my mam but have to do it.

We will be free at 12.30.

I had a bit of a panic atrack earlier but over it now and thinking of pulling as near i can to an all nighter.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

Someone posted here a while back about topics they picked so I followed that. (Given the short amount of time to cover everything I had to whittle it down)

So I have notes for:

Maxims
    Undue
    Charitable
    Injunctions
    Resulting trusts-purchase money
    3 certainties
    Donatio
    Estoppel

But like I said, as of this minute I cant remember anything about anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement