Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 maya_bb

Anyone have any EU sample answers from 2013/14? Would really appreciate them. :)

Happy to help out with whatever notes I can in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

Delighted with that equity paper. Now onto Contract! What are people covering for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Thanks for all the help last night guys. My next exam is Propery. Does anybody have notes on Land Registration? I have notes on Adverse P, Succession, Finding and Family Property.

Also, what is everybody covering for Property?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Arcturus2112

EthanSS wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help last night guys. My next exam is Propery. Does anybody have notes on Land Registration? I have notes on Adverse P, Succession, Finding and Family Property.

Also, what is everybody covering for Property?

I'm going with:

Treasure Trove
    Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Easements
    Co-Ownership
    Mortgages
    Licences
    Family Property

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭dashdoll

For Property Im going with

Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Co ownership
    Easements
    Finding/Treasure Trove
    Proprietary Estoppel
    Family Home

Does this look a bit risky?
    Cant face doing mortgages as Iv never looked at it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

So I didnt do equity in the end, was up all night but nothing went in so it would have been a waste of time. Oh well.

Considering not doing EU either, I had planned to start it as soon as Constitution was over and spend the week learning but as I spent the weekend at equity that's gone out the window.

Does anyone know where I could maybe get my hands on EU notes? Ive looked online and there are no revision books even so i'd literally have to ingest an entire book before Friday...

Thanks for your help everyone, this is a great thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Claregal11

Does anyone know what chapter the treasure trove question comes under in the Griffith manuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

FeDespair wrote: »
    So I didnt do equity in the end, was up all night but nothing went in so it would have been a waste of time. Oh well.

Considering not doing EU either, I had planned to start it as soon as Constitution was over and spend the week learning but as I spent the weekend at equity that's gone out the window.

Does anyone know where I could maybe get my hands on EU notes? Ive looked online and there are no revision books even so i'd literally have to ingest an entire book before Friday...

Thanks for your help everyone, this is a great thread :)

You should do it im in same boat, spent all my time on other subjects that went awful and left eu completely from scratch with no notes for this week.

I did nothing Friday after const or saturday and did notes for 2.5 topics yesterday so dont sweat. i havent done EU in 4 years. Dont sweat it you could spend months and EU and still get screwed so dont sweat it we might get lucky.

PMing you there re Mats.

You should do it im in same boat, spent all my time on other subjects that went awful and left eu completely from scratch with no notes for this week.

I did nothing Friday after const or saturday and did notes for 2.5 topics yesterday so dont sweat. i havent done EU in 4 years. Dont sweat it you could spend months and EU and still get screwed so dont sweat it we might get lucky.

PMing you there re Mats.

could i have said dont sweat anymore times obviously sweating myself lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

I've been sweating profusely for the last 6ish weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Anyone that's has passed EU. How crucial is it that we know intra brand and inter brand. I am since 9am trying to get my head around it. I can't get it. I have an ok handle on competition from my degree notes, my city manual just seems to over complicate this area. Any help would be great so I can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Time flies when you're having fun. Time also flies when you're completely miserable and cramming for fe1s. Where did this day go?!?!

I must be mad but I'm trying to tag the Blackhall eu book ahead of the exam, and was looking for the section on the institutions and couldn't see it at all!! My notes say A17 etc for the Commission - are these the old articles then?

Can anyone point me to the right page/article please? Going mad. Aaah!

maya_bb wrote: »
    I must be mad but I'm trying to tag the Blackhall eu book ahead of the exam, and was looking for the section on the institutions and couldn't see it at all!! My notes say A17 etc for the Commission - are these the old articles then?

Can anyone point me to the right page/article please? Going mad. Aaah!

That's Article 17. It's page 7 of my Blackstone (2011-2012 edition)

That's Article 17. It's page 7 of my Blackstone (2011-2012 edition)

I'm working off the 2009-2010 edition and A17 of the treaty establishing the European community is on citizenship in my book. What treaty is it for the institutions? I know basic questions - I'm totally screwed!

maya_bb wrote: »
    I'm working off the 2009-2010 edition and A17 of the treaty establishing the European community is on citizenship in my book. What treaty is it for the institutions? I know basic questions - I'm totally screwed!

I also noted my manual speaks of directive 1612/68 and I couldn't find it for movement workers looks like its now 492/2011 had to google. Im still writing notes Lol! Hope to start learning weds and Thurs.

I also noted my manual speaks of directive 1612/68 and I couldn't find it for movement workers looks like its now 492/2011 had to google. Im still writing notes Lol! Hope to start learning weds and Thurs.

News to me! Thanks for that. I just looked at 492/2011 and the only significant change that I see at a glance is that Article 12 of 1612/68 is now Article 10 of 492/2011 (Worker's families). This is relevant in the context of Citizenship rights (if you're covering that), rather than free movement of workers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Right, I've had a gander at the case note questions. Here are the most popular ones going back to Spring 2008. Make of this what you will (and help me make something of it!!)

Nine times

Case T-201/04 Microsoft v Commission [2007] ECR II-3601

Six times

Case 26/62 Van Gend en Loos [1963] ECR1
    Case C-224/01 Köbler [2003] ECR I-10239
    Case T-342/99 Airtours v Commission [2002] ECR II-2585

Five times

Case 22/70 Commission v Council (“ERTA”) [1971] ECR 263
    Case C-280/00 Altmark Trans and Regierunspräsidium Magdeburg [2003] ECR I-
    Joined Cases C-402/06 P and C-415/05 P Kadi and Al Barakaat International Foundation v Council [2008] ECR I-6351
    Case C236/09 Association belge des Consommateurs Test-Achats ASBL and Others v. Conseil des ministres (Judgment of 1 Mar 2011)
    Case C-34/09 Zambrano [2011] ECR I-nyr (Judgment of 8 March 2011)

Four Times

Case C-200/02 Zhu and Chen [2004] ECR I-9925
    Case C-341/05 Laval un Partneri [2007] ECR I-11767
    Case 106/11 Simmenthal [1978] ECR 629
    Case C-91/92 Faccini Dori [1994] ECR I-3325
    Case C-34/09 Pringle v Ireland [2012] ECR

News to me! Thanks for that. I just looked at 492/2011 and the only significant change that I see at a glance is that Article 12 of 1612/68 is now Article 10 of 492/2011 (Worker's families). This is relevant in the context of Citizenship rights (if you're covering that), rather than free movement of workers.

Yea that's the only one I could see and yes regarding citizenship. S. 7 is the same in context of movement of workers and non discrim re conditions of employment etc . My manual is 2012 and didn't have it flagged.

Right, I've had a gander at the case note questions. Here are the most popular ones going back to Spring 2008. Make of this what you will (and help me make something of it!!)

Nine times

Case T-201/04 Microsoft v Commission [2007] ECR II-3601

Six times

Case 26/62 Van Gend en Loos [1963] ECR1
    Case C-224/01 Köbler [2003] ECR I-10239
    Case T-342/99 Airtours v Commission [2002] ECR II-2585

Five times

Case 22/70 Commission v Council (“ERTA”) [1971] ECR 263
    Case C-280/00 Altmark Trans and Regierunspräsidium Magdeburg [2003] ECR I-
    Joined Cases C-402/06 P and C-415/05 P Kadi and Al Barakaat International Foundation v Council [2008] ECR I-6351
    Case C236/09 Association belge des Consommateurs Test-Achats ASBL and Others v. Conseil des ministres (Judgment of 1 Mar 2011)
    Case C-34/09 Zambrano [2011] ECR I-nyr (Judgment of 8 March 2011)

Four Times

Case C-200/02 Zhu and Chen [2004] ECR I-9925
    Case C-341/05 Laval un Partneri [2007] ECR I-11767
    Case 106/11 Simmenthal [1978] ECR 629
    Case C-91/92 Faccini Dori [1994] ECR I-3325
    Case C-34/09 Pringle v Ireland [2012] ECR

Pringle four times since 2012!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Could anyone shed any light on enforcement in competition law - I have just realised my city colleges EU manual is absolutely shocking and so out of date and the notes done mention anything about the National Competition Authority but Im pretty sure its relevant somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Galw2014

Would anyone like to share what they're covering for contract? Finding it difficult to cut anything out at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Arcturus, I'm covering the EXACT same topics as you. I was hoping to do Land Registration as well but unsure if I'll bother. I really hate easements so was thinking Land Reg could be an easier question to answer were it to arise on the exam.

EthanSS wrote: »
    Arcturus, I'm covering the EXACT same topics as you. I was hoping to do Land Registration as well but unsure if I'll bother. I really hate easements so was thinking Land Reg could be an easier question to answer were it to arise on the exam.

I'd like to get an additional in also, though I was thinking Landlord & Tenant. But that is pretty huge and Family Property is already pretty monstrous and I've yet to tackle that.

Land reg could be a bit easier to answer but Easements is much more consistent, appearing in all of the last seven exams. Land reg was on the October 14 paper and the April 14 paper. It might be due an exclusion, but that's pure speculation of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

MissM89 wrote: »
    Could anyone shed any light on enforcement in competition law - I have just realised my city colleges EU manual is absolutely shocking and so out of date and the notes done mention anything about the National Competition Authority but Im pretty sure its relevant somehow!

My manual just refers to the regulation on enforcement of competition law and those articles basically say that commission can investigate breaches off its own back or on foot of a complaint. Then it lists powers of commission eg inspect premises, examine and take copies of docs etc in Art 20. The articles before that (sorry can't remember which articles) say if nat ct is applying nat law must also apply 101 and 102 and nat cts must cooperate with commission when enforcing comp law etc. basically it's all in that regulation anyway. The only other thing my manual says is you can also privately enforce 101/2 before nat cts as they have direct effect. Relevant case there is courage v Crehan. My manual has nothing on national competition authority so if anyone could shed light on that it would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

I am so overwhelmed I don't know how I am ended up in this situation again .. :( I feel like I am working so hard but totally under estimated the amount of work for EU!

I just spent 3 whole days On all the freedoms + citizenship !!! What is wrong with me! I now feel so stupid because that is probably just going be one Q between them all and

Now I need to pick between JR/ 267/258 institution and General principles! I know they are all important, what's the best bet ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just looking to clear something up in Property.

Can a same sex couple be considered to be Qualified Cohabitants under the Civil Partnership Act? The City manual states that they must be "a person who has lived with a person of the opposite sex" but I can't seem to find anything that backs that up. I'm looking at Q1 in the March 2013 paper but I see that her report doesn't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Francophone90

Galw2014 wrote: »
    Would anyone like to share what they're covering for contract? Finding it difficult to cut anything out at the moment.

Hey guys,
    First time poster - long time follower! Does anyone have any tips for best way to approach property? Any idea what the examiner is like in terms of marking? Praying for the 50%!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Can a same sex couple be considered to be Qualified Cohabitants under the Civil Partnership Act? The City manual states that they must be "a person who has lived with a person of the opposite sex" but I can't seem to find anything that backs that up. I'm looking at Q1 in the March 2013 paper but I see that her report doesn't mention it.

They can be same or opposite sex according to the Act. Look at Part 15 as well as the definition in Section 172(1). :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Yeah if you look at section 172 of the act they can be same sex.

For the purposes of this Part, a qualified cohabitant means an adult who was in a relationship of cohabitation with another adult and who, immediately before the time that that relationship ended, whether through death or otherwise, was living with the other adult as a couple for a period

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement