Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I figured that that'd be the case! Thanks guys :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    I am so overwhelmed I don't know how I am ended up in this situation again .. :( I feel like I am working so hard but totally under estimated the amount of work for EU!

I just spent 3 whole days On all the freedoms + citizenship !!! What is wrong with me! I now feel so stupid because that is probably just going be one Q between them all and

Now I need to pick between JR/ 267/258 institution and General principles! I know they are all important, what's the best bet ?

I feel similar. Seem to have been doing FMOG since Saturday evening and only finished teatime Monday. The time just flies past and you seem to make no progress!

Key is not to lose heart. Keep the chin up and the head down (!) and get through as much as you can and you'll be surprised where you are by Friday morning.

Don't give the feckers the satisfaction of letting it get to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

I feel similar. Seem to have been doing FMOG since Saturday evening and only finished teatime Monday. The time just flies past and you seem to make no progress!

Key is not to lose heart. Keep the chin up and the head down (!) and get through as much as you can and you'll be surprised where you are by Friday morning.

Hey thanks so much , you are right! Just going to have to take a chance and pray for some luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

Also second that. EU will surprise you on the day in terms of what comes back to you. Just keep going over it. A broad general idea of each topic. The level I detail with him doesn't have to be massive with him. Literally write anything of relevance and it will get u to 50.!
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amyeee

Contract is horrific, and since I think I did alright (touch wood) in my first 3, now I've no motivation. Doing the following (but starting a lot of it from scratch):

Offer, acceptance, consideration
    Capacity
    Promissory Estoppel
    Privity
    Terms
    Exemption clauses
    Mistake, undue influence, misrep
    Consumer Protection
    Discharge
    Remedies

Leaving out intention, illegality, void/voidable, agency. But still don't know how I'll be able to get through all the above today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

Is it safe to leave out mergers and state participation for EU?? They are not tipped or anything are they??

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Im working off a 2012 manual for Property.

Wondering if there is any recent caselaw that I should be aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

Happy St Patricks Day everyone...

COME ON KEEP GOING...NEARLY THERE!!! Freeeeeeeeedom...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

I've used a million different coloured highlighters on my legislation I presume that's OK....?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

One might sat its quite "nefarious" of them to have us studying on the day that's in it ha.... How depressing is this….. I'm currently in my hotel room, have been here since last week so Im starting to feel like a mushroom…Im fantasising about being in town in the thick of the craic…beer in hand hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Paws91

Would anyone have an up to date contract grid ? Trying to cut out some topics and my one is quite out of date !

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Freaking out that I don't have the sale of goods act…if anyone has one around their house that i could borrow i would be so so grateful….I could pay for it? Im at the red cow today and early in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 34 maya_bb

I've used a million different coloured highlighters on my legislation I presume that's OK....?

hey yeah as long as there's no writing it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 maya_bb

with regard to EU:

can anyone clarify with Kadi if they were allowed to use A352 or not? My manual says they were but I found notes that said they weren't??

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Arcturus2112

maya_bb wrote: »
    with regard to EU:

can anyone clarify with Kadi if they were allowed to use A352 or not? My manual says they were but I found notes that said they weren't??

What chapter is Kadi under? Kinda bad that I haven't come across it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

What chapter is Kadi under? Kinda bad that I haven't come across it yet!

Never heard of it either :cool:

Im looking at Property past papers.

Saw this Succession qs from Apr 2014 but I dont have the exam report so not sure what was required...seems like a bit of a strange one

'Julir died a widoe last month. By her will, she left all her property to her only son John. However, John died last year survived by his wife Jacinta and his son Mike. By his will John left all his property to Jacinta. Discuss.'

Any thoughts on what is required here?

dashdoll wrote: »

Saw this Succession qs from Apr 2014 but I dont have the exam report so not sure what was required...seems like a bit of a strange one

'Julir died a widoe last month. By her will, she left all her property to her only son John. However, John died last year survived by his wife Jacinta and his son Mike. By his will John left all his property to Jacinta. Discuss.'

Yes! Thankfully I think I know that. That is where the lapse-saving provision (s.98) is applies, i.e. where the child of the testator (who is the intended legatee) has died during the lifetime of the testator but leaves issue, his/her issue can receive the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 marky200ie

dashdoll wrote: »

'Julir died a widoe last month. By her will, sshe left all her property to her only son John. However, John died last year survived by his wife Jacinta and his son Mike. By his will John left all his property to Jacinta. Discuss.'

S.91 of SA; if gift left to someone who predecesead testator gift will generally fail;
    exception - is where a testator leaves more than a life estate to their child (who has predeceead them) and the child has left issue - the gift will go to the estate of the deceased's issue; unless a contrary intention is in the will.
    Moorhead v Tiikenanen case sums it up nicely!

Thanks for that.

Don't think there is hardly anything on my manual on that..wouldnt like to see that qs again on Thursday.

• Advertisement

Never heard of it either :cool:

I have just come across it in sources of law regarding art 114/352 catch all articles. Its says kadi domonstrates how broad 352 has become. Sept 11 suspects assets frozen they said incorrect legal basis for directive ie352. Cjeu said it was correct basis it was an economic reg that was linked to achieving internal MKT and prevention of distortions of competition! I think theres a kadi 2 cos someone wrote on my manual look up kadi ii

How are people's EU lists shaping up?

I'm looking at:

Subsidiarity & Proportionality
    Fundamental Rights
    Supremacy
    Direct Effect & MS Liability
    Judicial Review (Art 263)
    Preliminary References (Art 267)
    Enforcement (Arts 258-260)
    Free Movement of Goods, Services & Establishment
    Citizenship
    Equality
    Competition Law
    State

That seems like a quite a lot, and yet looking at past papers there are some where I don't have five questions with that!

In terms of the Institutions, has anyone done the numbers on probability? If one were to bank on one particular institution coming up, which might be most likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

I'm looking at:

Fundamental Rights
    Supremacy
    Citizenship
    Equality
    Competition Law
    State

That seems like a quite a lot, and yet looking at past papers there are some where I don't have five questions with that!

In terms of the Institutions, has anyone done the numbers on probability? If one were to bank on one particular institution coming up, which might be most likely?

I was going to leave out JR, Enforcement, Equality, Private International Law and History.

This is my first attempt at the paper and i spent most of my time studying Company and Constitutional Law so im on the back foot here already.

I'm looking at:

Fundamental Rights
    Supremacy
    Citizenship
    Equality
    Competition Law
    State

I'd say Ill try do

Institutions
    Sources 114/352 looks short 2pgs
    Fundamental rights subsidiarity proportionality
    Direct effect and supremacy
    Member state liability
    Judicial review if time
    Freedoms
    Citizenship

Leaving the rest. Dodge

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You'd know that I was coming up to my last exam. All I seem to be doing is avoiding study and making lists of things to do once these are over! There's a while list dedicated to TV that I need to catch up on!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

I am leaving out priviate international law , merger
    Going to finish up intitutition (just bullet points really) and start JR tonight ... Leaving out 267 and 258-260 :( no time to cover it all! I am hoping only one of three will come up or it will be an A or B, so I can't waste my time cover all three at this stage , I have to pick between the three.. So gonna go with my gut and go for JR .I Shall hope those three won't be in the same paper or esle I am screwed!! The fear !!! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

You'd know that I was coming up to my last exam. All I seem to be doing is avoiding study and making lists of things to do once these are over! There's a while list dedicated to TV that I need to catch up on!

I just realised that The Walking Dead is back weeks! I've saved them on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

These are the ones im writing notes for presently...

Competition 101 and 102,
    Equality
    Direct Effect, Supremacy, State Liability
    Movement of persons and goods
    Human Rights
    Judicial Review and Preliminary
    And have a list of a few cases that im truly praying will be casenotes

IF I get my notes condensed by 12/1 tonight I might might might add more, but my plan is to have tomorrow and Thursday just for learning.
    I'm absolutely exhausted.

*Would love to be in a pub right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 livelovelaugh

Sing it! I have literally done nothing all day long...between Netflix, eating and Tinder, it's procrastination central!!

This time on Thursday though!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

I'm looking at:

Fundamental Rights
    Supremacy
    Citizenship
    Equality
    Competition Law
    State

How could you not have 5 questions on some papers with that list?

There are effectively 10-12 questions on each of the last few papers. By my count there were 13 questions on the October 2014 paper.

If you've covered the 8-9 discreet topics above and can't get 5 questions out of 12/13....... I think you must be misunderstanding the questions!

Most people (including myself) will have much less prepared than you seem to have and will be more than a bit disturbed by your post!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement