Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

It does look like the whole book to be fair. ;)

I'm covering around 7 chapters hope I get lucky knowing my luck they'll all be answer a or b and I'll have one if I'm lucky ha ha and do u know what they can fire me at work I just don't care anymore after the whole fire liability in tort the feckers will catch us out :):) deliherous in the library with no water everywhere close cos its paddy's day. Asked bf to drop me in here so I'd have no escape. One topic done since 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TinkledPink

I'm covering around 7 chapters hope I get lucky knowing my luck they'll all be answer a or b and I'll have one if I'm lucky ha ha and do u know what they can fire me at work I just don't care anymore after the whole fire liability in tort the feckers will catch us out :):) deliherous in the library with no water everywhere close cos its paddy's day. Asked bf to drop me in here so I'd have no escape. One topic done since 11am

Don't feel too bad. I haven't been able to look at EU for over 3 weeks at this stage. I'll be reading 5 chapters + whatever few notes I have the night before fully intending to dish it out like a smiling two thumbs up Borat. Very nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 maya_bb

EU will be the death of me!

What are people's thoughts on Justice, freedom and Security? Any idea when it last came up? Also wondering if to date Brussels II still hasn't been examined?

Agreed, topics list freaked me out too, I was like if you can't get 5 Qs from that then I'm totally screwed!

Nearly over!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

We seem to have to same topics! Let's pray together!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

I actually feel sick at the thought of EU now!!!!

• Advertisement

Don't feel too bad. I haven't been able to look at EU for over 3 weeks at this stage. I'll be reading 5 chapters + whatever few notes I have the night before fully intending to dish it out like a smiling two thumbs up Borat. Very nice!!

I think that's infringing the race directive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Ha definitely going to be naively going in hoping my 7 topics will get me over the line. Positive thinking! Regardless of what I study, I always feel deflated when I read the paper in the exams so I'll just take the opposite preparation tack for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TinkledPink

Property should be alright I'm hoping. 2 Q's on Succession, 1 on AP, 1 on Easements & a bit of back up in Ownership, Co-ownership, Registration and Licenses. I reckon family prop or mortgages will probably come up too but I'm not a fan of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Arcturus2112

How could you not have 5 questions on some papers with that list?

There are effectively 10-12 questions on each of the last few papers. By my count there were 13 questions on the October 2014 paper.

If you've covered the 8-9 discreet topics above and can't get 5 questions out of 12/13....... I think you must be misunderstanding the questions!

Most people (including myself) will have much less prepared than you seem to have and will be more than a bit disturbed by your post!

My mistake, you're right - nobody should be disturbed. I had misread a couple of questions. I was skim reading some of the past papers and thought I saw 'right of access to documents' and 'mergers/state participation' etc.

Thankfully the examiner is flexible with the 12/13 questions on each paper. This subject would be a nightmare if it were strictly 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RCFE15

Hey guys, what would I need to cover to get me through contract tomorrow. I'm studying all day but nothing is going in.. I'm wrecked and driving to Dublin for exams isn't helping. .. Sorry, just needed to rant a little too!! Thanks

• Advertisement

Lily Belle wrote: »
    Ha definitely going to be naively going in hoping my 7 topics will get me over the line. Positive thinking! Regardless of what I study, I always feel deflated when I read the paper in the exams so I'll just take the opposite preparation tack for once!
    Me too and I panic thinking i havent covered anything in the paper then I pull myself together an hour into paper realise i couldve done it and then get three to four questions done. I've been lucky to pass contract with three but I can't see that happening this week. We got screwed for well prepped topics so may as well go in and give it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 34 maya_bb

Okay for anyone panicking about EU topics I just found this in my notes, it's from Griffith (I think) a few years back:

Topics normally appearing:
    - institutions
    - DE of Dirs
    - FGMs
    - Citizenship
    - Competition law
    - case note

Must understand:
    - supremacy
    - DE
    - A267
    - Enforcement

Bare minimum:
    - case note
    - fund. Freedoms, citizenship
    - competition
    - DE, Supremacy, Ms liability
    - equality

Additional topics:
    - JR, FR
    - institutions,
    - A267

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Property should be alright I'm hoping. 2 Q's on Succession, 1 on AP, 1 on Easements & a bit of back up in Ownership, Co-ownership, Registration and Licenses. I reckon family prop or mortgages will probably come up too but I'm not a fan of them.

Im not as optimistic as you Im afraid about Property. There has been a few funny questions on the last few papers.

Im doing
    Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Easements
    Proprietary Estoppel
    Finding
    Family Home Protection
    Co ownership

Iv a feeling AP or Easements or both wont be on this time but I hope they are. They are due a break and last paper there was no Co ownership, Family Property or Mortgages.

I should probably do mortgages but I really cant face it as Iv never even looked at it before but cant afford not to have 5 questions....the struggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

Those of you with Contract tomorrow, the very best of luck. Hope it goes great for you!
    Positive thinking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RCFE15

Hey guys, what would I need to cover to get me through contract tomorrow. I'm studying all day but nothing is going in.. I'm wrecked and driving to Dublin for exams isn't helping. .. Sorry, just needed to rant a little too!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Can anyone clarify what the position is in relation to Regulation 1612/68 and Directive 2004/38 is for Free Movement of Workers - have been trying to understand it all day and just dont get where they are relevant! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

Hi guys. Hope everyones starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's still a bit away for me yet, 3 to go but I can taste the Budweiser already! Maybe its the day thats in it!

Anyways, what do people reckon for contract? I'm covering...

Offer/Acceptance
    Consideration/Promissory Estoppel
    Terms/Representations/Conditions/Warranties/Innominate Terms (just in case she throws out the 'difference between' question again)
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Exclusion Clauses
    Damages
    Frustration

Is there anything there that people are thinking are less than likely? Would love to narrow it down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SteveD92

Is anyone able to distinguish General and Special Rights of Residence in Property? Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

FEar1 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Hope everyones starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's still a bit away for me yet, 3 to go but I can taste the Budweiser already! Maybe its the day thats in it!

Anyways, what do people reckon for contract? I'm covering...

Offer/Acceptance
    Consideration/Promissory Estoppel
    Terms/Representations/Conditions/Warranties/Innominate Terms (just in case she throws out the 'difference between' question again)
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Exclusion Clauses
    Damages
    Frustration

Is there anything there that people are thinking are less than likely? Would love to narrow it down a bit.

I've the same done with undue influence but mainly because Ive done it already for equity. Threw in a bit if capacity too...sorry I'm not helping with narrowing it down :(

SteveD92 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to distinguish General and Special Rights of Residence in Property? Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that an exclusive right of residence is where the licencee is entitled to, for example, exclusive use of certain rooms in a house or exclusive use of a house which is on a larger property.

A general right of residence is where the licencee is simply entitled to share the occupation of the house in question with the owner, with no specific rooms being allocated.

• Advertisement

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I've the same done with undue influence but mainly because Ive done it already for equity. Threw in a bit if capacity too...sorry I'm not helping with narrowing it down :(

I've had a brief look at undue influence too but hoping because it came up last October its probably less likely. But who knows really...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amyeee

Anyone know if construction of contractual terms has ever come up? I don't remember seeing it but it's late and I'm going goggly eyed so can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

Best of luck to everyone in Contract. I found it to be one of the better ones so I think anyone who has done good prep (eg the people who have listed their topics in the last few pages) can be pretty confident. Issue spotting is key in the problem QS so it's just a matter of taking your time and not zipping through the Qs at first.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

Again on the dreaded EU:

Does anyone have any views on the relative importance of the Preliminary reference procedure versus the other JR sections (Annulment and enforcement)? I'm trying to avoid doing all of this If possible even though it seems risky on the face of it. The questions seem easily spread?

Also on competition - I have a note taken from somewhere that says that Competition is guaranteed to be 1 full question and possibly 2. Is this correct? Again it's a vast area and I think it would be a mistake to leave it all out - but who knows

MissM89 wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify what the position is in relation to Regulation 1612/68 and Directive 2004/38 is for Free Movement of Workers - have been trying to understand it all day and just dont get where they are relevant! Thanks

1612/68 sets out the rights of workers and deals with prohibiting discrim between union workers etc. Its also renamed to 492/2011

2004/38 is more for a union citezan question on the right of them and families to move freely within EU. Eg Oct 2010 q7 a problem purely on directive really

Again on the dreaded EU:

Does anyone have any views on the relative importance of the Preliminary reference procedure versus the other JR sections (Annulment and enforcement)? I'm trying to avoid doing all of this If possible even though it seems risky on the face of it. The questions seem easily spread?

Also on competition - I have a note taken from somewhere that says that Competition is guaranteed to be 1 full question and possibly 2. Is this correct? Again it's a vast area and I think it would be a mistake to leave it all out - but who knows

On competition, I think because it is such a large area it has come up in some shape or form pretty much every time. Usually its a general essay or problem on the operation of Article 101 or Article 102 TFEU.

Again on the dreaded EU:

On competition, I think because it is such a large area it has come up in some shape or form pretty much every time. Usually its a general essay or problem on the operation of Article 101 or Article 102 TFEU. As I'm a glutton for a gamble, I have a very general and to the point set of notes on it.

Again on the dreaded EU:

Hey I am just doing JR now instead of enforcement or art 267. I had to pick between the three , all of them come up in the last paper , A or B between (enforcement and art 267) then JR as a problem. I look at the exam paper apart from a paper in in 2014, I think it was april a problem was mixed with all three. 267 came up 3/4 times in a row so I am chancing to leave it out! All other papers seem to be 1 out of the three , internal choice of 2 out of the three. or some papers none of them came up , long winded way of saying only , I hope one of the three will come up if at all! No point wasting time for me to do all three now

Can anyone clarify what is a regulatory act for JR (art 263)in EU please? I am so confused!

My notes says it's 'any act of general application that is not legislative' So I presume it meant as delegated acts/ implementing act. Then later in the notes it says something about relaxing regulation rules , but isn't regulation a legislative act? I am so confused . Can anyone please help

• Advertisement

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify what is a regulatory act for JR (art 263)in EU please? I am so confused!

My notes says it's 'any act of general application that is not legislative' So I presume it meant as delegated acts/ implementing act. Then later in the notes it says something about relaxing regulation rules , but isn't regulation a legislative act? I am so confused . Can anyone please help

What I have on this is, first, a 'regulatory act' is not defined in the Treaties. Second, Inuit v Parliament and Council says it is "any act of general application not being a legislative act" (paraphrased) and, further, it must not not require implementing measures. So a regulatory act is an administrative act (i.e. a delegated act or implementing act).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement