Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Arcturus2112

Does any know what is the authority for the point that successive squatters may accrue the requisite time period for adverse possession? I have it in my notes, but I have nothing to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 marky200ie

Does any know what is the authority for the point that successive squatters may accrue the requisite time period for adverse possession? I have it in my notes, but I have nothing to back it up.

Mount Carmel investments ltd v. Peter Thurlow ltd

marky200ie wrote: »
    Mount Carmel investments ltd v. Peter Thurlow ltd

Excellent. Thanks very much. I think I recall seeing a past paper question where this was a relevant issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

What I have on this is, first, a 'regulatory act' is not defined in the Treaties. Second, Inuit v Parliament and Council says it is "any act of general application not being a legislative act" (paraphrased) and, further, it must not not require implementing measures. So a regulatory act is an administrative act (i.e. a delegated act or implementing act).

Thanks!! Don't actually know why I am so confused.. Might have to to skip this chapter for a while and come back to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭dashdoll

In Property, Im assuming that Civil Partners can apply for appropriation of the family home under s56? Am I right with this?

Also, does anyone know if there is need to mention the upcoming same sex marriage ref if doing a qs on Family Home Protection? Does it afford any further rights to people in this area or is it just purely marriage?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

dashdoll wrote: »
    In Property, Im assuming that Civil Partners can apply for appropriation of the family home under s56? Am I right with this?

Also, does anyone know if there is need to mention the upcoming same sex marriage ref if doing a qs on Family Home Protection? Does it afford any further rights to people in this area or is it just purely marriage?

Thanks.

Yes, you're right with that. I just checked (section 70 of the 2010 Act amends it).

Good question about the marriage equality referendum. I haven't looked at it but I think it would have to entail equal rights for family home protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

what did people make of Contract? Im exhausted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

lawbear wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that ones a fail :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Not expecting to pass that one :( a whole lot of "I know the answer is yes, you can, but can't give you any law or legislation to back that up"

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Not expecting to pass that one :( a whole lot of "I know the answer is yes, you can, but can't give you any law or legislation to back that up"

Same, for some reason i was like 'oh good, x topic came up' then for some reason just completely sh1t the bed and ended up only 2 i was happy with.

Managed to remember everything i knew about utmost good faith, unfortunately that's not a lot...

• Advertisement

Same, for some reason i was like 'oh good, x topic came up' then for some reason just completely sh1t the bed and ended up only 2 i was happy with.

Managed to remember everything i knew about utmost good faith, unfortunately that's not a lot...

I think the grand total of my answer to the Alpha Ltd Beta Ltd question was "yes, you're entitled to damages and yes, you can probably end the contract if you want". No discussion of fundamental breach, keeping the contract and suing for damages etc etc (i.e. any of the actual answer!!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Two questions I was happy with. Three that were definitely "here is the probable answer, but I can't give you any case law/the sale of goods acts said so!

He wasn't allowed the damn rugby ball back, was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Anyone know what the contract marker is like?

Two questions I was happy with. Three that were definitely "here is the probable answer, but I can't give you any case law/the sale of goods acts said so!

I was EXACTLY the same...no, I don't think I was - equity's darling????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

I hope not!!

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    I was EXACTLY the same...no, I don't think I was - equity's darling????

I went with Section 12 of the 1893 act. Couldn't get much more than like a page out of it. And he could sue yer one for fraudulent misrepresentation?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

Anyone know what the contract marker is like?

I'd say OK intern examiner gave me 48 for three Q's extern on recheck gave me 50% even more sound. So there'll be two cracks of the whip

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I hope not!!

Anyone do the damages for performance one? What else did you put apart from Anglia v Reed?

Was that exclusion clause allowed? I said she accepted it by signing the thing but they couldn't contract out of negligence.

No fecking idea where I got that from!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

"If you're going through hell ....... keep going"
    - Winston Churchill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Dsalmon91

Just wondering anyone any idea when the exam results usually come out? Thanks

Dsalmon91 wrote: »
    Just wondering anyone any idea when the exam results usually come out? Thanks

Last time around, I think it was 6 weeks from the last exam, so this time around that would make it 1 May (or thereabouts).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Early May is what I've heard

Was that exclusion clause allowed? I said she accepted it by signing the thing but they couldn't contract out of negligence.

No fecking idea where I got that from!

Its the standard form contracts I think, she agreed to their terms by signing THEIR form as opposed to using a form with their T&Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hey guys don't worry too much about the problem questions in contract.I remember came to a totally conclusion to my friend in two of the problems q! And we both passed!! As long as you backed up your point you will be fine. On top of it all, the examiner is nice marker. Onwards !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 maya_bb

Anyone have any 2014/13 EU past papers please (and sample answers/examiner reports)?? Really freaking out and think i just need to look how it's applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 spaz_hawk

Not to dwell on it or anything but was that contract exam not quite surprising in some respects to everyone else? I didn't bother preparing the Uberimmae Fideis contracts of insurance but the other option I think was Non Es Factum, didn't see that coming at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

I was happy enough with it. Got 5 questions anyway. How well they were answered is another matter!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anyone want to help me prioritise my list for today. I know that I'm not going to get it all done so I'm trying to organise it by importance instead of my current system of least amount of pages in the manual!

I already have Finding, Succession, Adverse Possession and Registration done so these are what's left for me:
    Co-Ownership
    Heriditaments
    Family Property
    Licences
    Mortgages
    Tenancies

Or if you reckon I should do a different topic instead I can take suggestions! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    Hey guys don't worry too much about the problem questions in contract.I remember came to a totally conclusion to my friend in two of the problems q! And we both passed!! As long as you backed up your point you will be fine. On top of it all, the examiner is nice marker. Onwards !

Agree with this. As long as you can spot the issues in Contract problem questions and make a halfway decent effort at getting across why they are significant then you should be able to rack up enough marks to pass

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement