Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

dashdoll wrote: »
    My god I am so tired and have soooo much to do..looking like an all nighter.

Been on a go slow the last few days. All I want to do is crawl into bed but I cant! Just one more night!

I feel your pain…I did an all nighter last night for tort…ended up crying because I felt i knew absolutely nothing even though i've literally done nothing but study the past few months…got back into bad after the exam. Started eu from scratch now this evening… I've an awful feeling that out of the 5 exams I will have sat I only feel I have a chance of passing one of them….depressing.

FeDespair wrote: »
    If these exams have taught me anything it's this...

The ones im really "prepared" for have gone absolutely t!ts up. Last one is EU which I can honestly say as of right now I know nothing about. And I dont really even care anymore!

Friday evening im going to buy a magazine...I havent read anything apart from these books since January!

Oh my god I literally have tears in my days from laughing at this. I'm the exact same…I have a stellar magazine bought that i have for the train home friday after eu…it is beyond sad that reading that is going to be a novelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

lawbear wrote: »
    Oh my god I literally have tears in my days from laughing at this. I'm the exact same…I have a stellar magazine bought that i have for the train home friday after eu…it is beyond sad that reading that is going to be a novelty.

Forget the magazine I'm going to have the biggest glass of wine Friday and get my hair cut I look like mortica Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

I am glad I am not the only one feeling like this ....

I listened to Katy Perry - fireworks, ealier and this is the first time I can fully relate to the lyrics haha , I think I am going mad

Yes I feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind .. Then .. After a hurricane comes a rainbow. Maybe a reason why all the doors are closed. So you could open one that leads you ...

Anyway ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

EthanSS wrote: »
    I feel your pain Dashdoll. These exams require so much night-before cramming!! I've loads to do as well. hate that I've so much left to do. I NEVER EVER learn my lesson.

I don't think that learning lessons has anything to do with it!

I've always had a theory that your subconscious mind is keeping a running tally of 1) the amount of work left to cover and 2) the amount of time left to cover it, and will always ensure that enough procrastination and time wasting happens to ensure that you're not ready until the night beforehand!

What else can explain the fact that we always seem to be slaving until the last minute ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 marky200ie

FEar1 wrote: »
    All the old law is basically gone now and its all under the Land Law and COnveyancing Law Reform Act 2009 I think. S35 or thereabouts as far as I know? I think the only points of relevance are a grant of easement is presumed where:
    -easement held "as of right" and "without interruption" for period of 12 years, 30 years if State property or 60 years if foreshore. Same requisite periods as adverse possession.

"As of right" = use and enjoyment of easement without force, secrecy or written consent
    "without interruption" = no interference with or cessation of use and enjoyment of easement for continuous period of 1 year or more

Hope that helps!

quote]

...just be careful what year it says in the question. If it is pre 2009 (which it has been) the old Prescription Act 1835 applies with the long and short periods.

I'm still unsure if the 2009 act will only apply for rights acquired past that point (ie.12yrs passed that date); or if the act will apply to rights that have accrued in part before it's enactment?

I don't think that learning lessons has anything to do with it!

I've always had a theory that your subconscious mind is keeping a running tally of 1) the amount of work left to cover and 2) the amount of time left to cover it, and will always ensure that enough procrastination and time wasting happens to ensure that you're not ready until the night beforehand!

What else can explain the fact that we always seem to be slaving until the last minute ?!
    I've always always procrastinated. I remember my friends in college relaxing to desperate housewives and a corona the night before exams and id just be going upstairs to start :/

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

Ha the haircut...I let mine go into an absolute state cause then I wouldnt WANT to leave the house! Got it done last Saturday, thought maybe having less hair would mean more room for information? Nah apparently that doesnt happen.

Fook this, im gonna watch something on telly! Come on everyone...take a little break :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

So much for pulling an all nighter - in bed was falling asleep reading my notes :(

Best of luck everyone in property. Off to get the train to Dublin. Next time I see my room they'll be over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I've just had the weirdest storyline (dream would imply that I'd gotten sleep) go through my head for the last while which basically seemed to be going through the whole Property course. I wouldn't mind but I didn't know/remember any of it!

Here goes nothing! Good luck guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

EthanSS wrote: »
    FEar1, so fo I not need to know the old law then and the old Prescription Act etc? Cheers.

I'm not sure. Maybe just have an idea of it. Probably would be irrelevant in a problem question but maybe worth a skim over for an essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

FEar1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure. Maybe just have an idea of it. Probably would be irrelevant in a problem question but maybe worth a skim over for an essay?

Actually, didnt even think of pre-2009 AP. Aw, I just couldn't care any more. 1 more after this thank feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Is it an omen there will be a solar eclipse just as were going to start the exam?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/solar-eclipse-set-to-darken-the-sky-over-ireland-on-friday-morning-1.2144546

Just after waking up…had planned to get up at 8 to start EU…RAGING

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Just after waking up…had planned to get up at 8 to start EU…RAGING

I had planned to get up at 7 to study myself.. Did not happen :/ had to drop in my acts to the exam hall as well, the next thing I know its nearly 12!! .. time to cover the whole course today! Gonna be a long day.. At least we are nearly finished! God can't wait

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    I had planned to get up at 7 to study myself.. Did not happen :/ had to drop in my acts to the exam hall as well, the next thing I know its nearly 12!! .. time to cover the whole course today! Gonna be a long day.. At least we are nearly finished! God can't wait

I don't even know where to look in the treaty for stuff :( Im in a bad way….literally covering the whole course today…..nightmare… I have notes on infringement procedure and prelim reference ..and that it..

I don't even know where to look in the treaty for stuff :( Im in a bad way….literally covering the whole course today…..nightmare… I have notes on infringement procedure and prelim reference ..and that it..

You're not alone I'm the same and with the topics I've picked I'll be lucky to have two or three Q's if they're not pitted against each other. Checked into hotel now will get sandwich at two and go hell for leather and see what I get done. :) we could study for months and be screwed so you never know we're nearly there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Any thoughts on Case-Notes or Institutions to come up? Am I right in saying that Institutions didn't come up last time??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Case-Notes or Institutions to come up? Am I right in saying that Institutions didn't come up last time??

I hate institutions. Not doing them. Case notes is a lottery but someone on here did up a list of the most popular ones. Id start there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Finally, a lovely paper!

Anyone see the box of 'lost property' outside the hall? Full of dumped notes I don't think anyone will be coming back for those

Anyone see the box of 'lost property' outside the hall? Full of dumped notes I don't think anyone will be coming back for those

Really?! That's gas! Pretty arrogant of anyone to dump their notes even if they were very confident of how they did in the exam and thought they might never need them again! It would be tempting fate if you ask me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Really?! That's gas! Pretty arrogant of anyone to dump their notes even if they were very confident of how they did in the exam and thought they might never need them again! It would be tempting fate if you ask me!

If I wasn't afraid of this, I'd have a bonfire tomorrow night.

Finally, a lovely paper!

That's good to hear! I did property last October and passed and was very happy with the paper too. So the examiner must be decent.

A big shout out to everyone doing EU tomorrow!

It would be wrong to say that I've never felt this unprepared for an exam (ive been in worse situations) but theres just something about EU that feels alien to me, as in im not as comfortable with it as I am with some of the other subjects.

But anyway - the key is to keep going, keep the had down and the chin up (so to speak) because you never know what you can pull out of the bag .....

I know I still have my notes from passed exams. I was handing in the legislation and was laughing there was nothing else in the box but handwritten notes. Ha ha to have that level of confidence. Unless they just ran out of the place after the exams which is understandable too

If I wasn't afraid of this, I'd have a bonfire tomorrow night.

Bonfire?

A July the 12th loyalist-style 50-foot high pyre, to be more accurate! With every piece of paper even remotely connected to the word "law"!

That's good to hear! I did property last October and passed and was very happy with the paper too. So the examiner must be decent.

A big shout out to everyone doing EU tomorrow!

It would be wrong to say that I've never felt this unprepared for an exam (ive been in worse situations) but theres just something about EU that feels alien to me, as in im not as comfortable with it as I am with some of the other subjects.

But anyway - the key is to keep going, keep the had down and the chin up (so to speak) because you never know what you can pull out of the bag .....

Its because youre from a dualist system :) its alien to all Irish people.

Its because youre from a dualist system :) its alien to all Irish people.

Yeah true. The traditional common law systems might be ridiculous, arcane, and a complete load of made-up rubbish ..... but at least they're easy to follow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Best of luck to all with EU left and well done to everyone who stuck through :) Thanks for the help in the past few weeks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement