Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

The end is officially in sight...who cares that we all may possibly be up all night..mehhh minor detail!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Anyone staying in the Ibis know where the nearest shop is. I need better coffee than this place has

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

Anyone staying in the Ibis know where the nearest shop is. I need better coffee than this place has

No Im afraid. I get straight into the PJs when I get here with a suitcase of red bull. Is it the red cow inn? I never leave my room :(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

okay I have institutions
    Direct effect and supremacy etc
    preliminary reference and infringement proceedings
    The case note question

That is all i have at the min…don't even know it yet. Could anyone advise me what I should tackle next as in what would be easier to cover….competition or free movement? any advice would be really helpful...

down the road from the red cow …say heading the direction into town theres a maxol station or one of those stations…it has a sandwich deli and coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

lawbear wrote: »
    okay I have institutions
    The case note question

That is all i have at the min…don't even know it yet. Could anyone advise me what I should tackle next as in what would be easier to cover….competition or free movement? any advice would be really helpful...

I would go with free movements if I were you, easier to learn with logical steps...competition law is a subject in itself. The EU examiner is the nicest I've come across, don't waffle and stick to the main points and he gives high marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

okay I have institutions
    The case note question

Competition I would think. free movement is a massive area takes a bit of time to get through it all. Competition only has 101 and 102 plus the state aid bit. More straight forward I find also the cases are easier to remember. just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Going to miss EU tomorrow. I've handed in my legislation and was wondering how I go about getting that back if I'm not in the exam? Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

Competition I would think. free movement is a massive area takes a bit of time to get through it all. Competition only has 101 and 102 plus the state aid bit. More straight forward I find also the cases are easier to remember. just my opinion

Ha, I'd guess it really does depend on which you're most comfortable with!

okay I have institutions
    The case note question

What about fundamental rights or transparency under principles? Or union citizenship smaller but popular I don't know. Ive read since I've landed

Direct effect and supremacy
    Principles
    Institutions

I'm tackling judicial review now and then union citizenship and as many of the freedoms as I can and sources of law

Then I have for morning go over everything and case notes :)

So depressing and I'm so distracted

• Advertisement

saor19 wrote: »
    I would go with free movements if I were you, easier to learn with logical steps...competition law is a subject in itself. The EU examiner is the nicest I've come across, don't waffle and stick to the main points and he gives high marks!

Thanks a mil for the advice really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

Can anyone clarify what is a regulatory act in terms of direct concern? I've looked at the Kokott opinion in the Seal Traders case but can't decipher it! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Going to miss EU tomorrow. I've handed in my legislation and was wondering how I go about getting that back if I'm not in the exam? Does anyone know?

Hey hope all is ok! If you know someone that's doing it just give them your number they can get it for uou after the exams! My friend did it before .. Not sure otherwise they must keep it , so you can email the law society afterwards

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    Hey hope all is ok! If you know someone that's doing it just give them your number they can get it for uou after the exams! My friend did it before .. Not sure otherwise they must keep it , so you can email the law society afterwards

All is ok, just didn't have enough time to prepare so no point in sitting there for 45 minutes tweedling my thumbs. I don't know anyone sitting EU tomorrow so I suppose it's best to email the law society. Unless you willing to pick it up for me and I'll pay you the money to post it back for me? Thanks for your help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

All is ok, just didn't have enough time to prepare so no point in sitting there for 45 minutes tweedling my thumbs. I don't know anyone sitting EU tomorrow so I suppose it's best to email the law society. Unless you willing to pick it up for me and I'll pay you the money to post it back for me? Thanks for your help though.

No problem! Just say a little prayer for me for tomorrow ha ! You can drop me a PM with your name and exam number, I can try to get it for you afterwards. Hopefully they will give it to me, If not you can prob email them . I live in dublin so if you are in no rush you can get it whenever you are up againI am from cork so if you are happen to be from cork I can drop it back at some stage! Or else I can post it off I suppose :)

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    No problem! Just say a little prayer for me for tomorrow ha ! You can drop me a PM with your name and exam number, I can try to get it for you afterwards. Hopefully they will give it to me, If not you can prob email them . I live in dublin so if you are in no rush you can get it whenever you are up againI am from cork so if you are happen to be from cork I can drop it back at some stage! Or else I can post it off I suppose :)

Cool I'll say a little prayer for everyone sitting that exam tomorrow. I'm act silly very annoyed about not sitting it. I had all my notes done and all. In any event, I live in Kilkenny so I suppose it's best to post it. I'll send you a PM with my name and number and I'll arange with you after for payment of postage. Thanks a mill for your help I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

What I wouldn't give to be one of those people who spend the night before an exam studying until 9, watching a bit of tv and getting an early night. I've heard they exist but I'm sceptical! I'm going to be delerious on the luas back tomorrow. I'm trying to be hopeful I'll firstly get 5 questions from the 6 topics I'm covering and secondly remember any of it. I'm not convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Finally, a lovely paper!

That's brilliant. Also, well done on being so close to the finish line. Sitting 8 fe1s, you're some sort of superhero!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Lily Belle wrote: »
    What I wouldn't give to be one of those people who spend the night before an exam studying until 9, watching a bit of tv and getting an early night. I've heard they exist but I'm sceptical! I'm going to be delerious on the luas back tomorrow. I'm trying to be hopeful I'll firstly get 5 questions from the 6 topics I'm covering and secondly remember any of it. I'm not convinced.

I felt reasonably prepared for property, so I tried going to be around 11.30 to be nice and well rested.

Couldn't sleep til nearly 1 and wide awake at 5 without an alarm! :pac: They're definitely a myth...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

That's brilliant. Also, well done on being so close to the finish line. Sitting 8 fe1s, you're some sort of superhero!!

I agree with this poster - how are you still alive after sitting 7 exams and getting ready for number 8?>!

• Advertisement

just got a call from one of "The big five" law firms that I have a training contract offer with and they asked me to start working with them in a week…regardless of the fact i don't have all the fe1s past yet….. a bit mental. So have to decide if i can try tell my part time employer from home i need to leave without notice and find somewhere to live in dublin within a week of finishing these exams…. I can't concentrate now

just got a call from one of "The big five" law firms that I have a training contract offer with and they asked me to start working with them in a week…regardless of the fact i don't have all the fe1s past yet….. a bit mental. So have to decide if i can try tell my part time employer from home i need to leave without notice and find somewhere to live in dublin within a week of finishing these exams…. I can't concentrate now

Great news. Bigger Picture whatever he says you know what you have to do. That might motivate u for EU if you're doing it! U should take five to clear the hewd what are they doing ringing u today like. Congrats. Meanwhile I'll be looking for a new one on account of my last week. Lol.

Thanks, guys! Sadly I've come nowhere near passing all eight in one go. I believe it can be done, just not by me, at least not this time. :P

Honestly praying for 4 passed. After the last fortnight, I'd be happy enough with that. Hell, even the magic three would be ok.

I do not recommend sitting all eight in one go unless you have to. It's bad for your results, your bank balance and your soul! Big glass of wine needed tomorrow.

How exciting for you, Lawbear! Congrats!:D

Also, I saw you and your many booklets again today Arcturus. Nice beard! ;) #creepin

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

They don't exist! Anyone who tells you they do that is a fibber! :)

Also well done to the person who attempted 8. No shame in not getting them all as it is something shich only super-human people achieve! The only person I know who has managed it came first in our class at college!

They don't exist! Anyone who tells you they do that is a fibber! :)

Also well done to the person who attempted 8. No shame in not getting them all as it is something shich only super-human people achieve! The only person I know who has managed it came first in our class at college!

Totally agree I remember a lecturer announcing to the class that a girl in the year ahead who'd graduated passed all eight that was years ago too I think they've gotten harder. Sunshine and showers do you have to pass all eight for TC?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveKit

Alri lads, goodluck to all doing EU tomorrow it looks tough.

As regards the property paper today I didnt notice the s111 part of question due to lack of sleep...well im blaming sleep :-D

Does anyone know if the lease part of q8 effected the easement? I just went through the normal stuff....alot on wong....and mentioned rose v simmonds...is that it?

Totally agree I remember a lecturer announcing to the class that a girl in the year ahead who'd graduated passed all eight that was years ago too I think they've gotten harder. Sunshine and showers do you have to pass all eight for TC?

No, they just asked me to try for an earlier start. I only graduated in September, so I'm not really any worse off for having tried! Is yours dependent on your results this time?
    DaveKit wrote: »

Does anyone know if the lease part of q8 effected the easement? I just went through the normal stuff....alot on wong....and mentioned rose v simmonds...is that it?

Never heard of that case, but yeah the diffusion of ownership requirement can be got around by a lease over one property so it was grand!

No, they just asked me to try for an earlier start. I only graduated in September, so I'm not really any worse off for having tried! Is yours dependent on your results this time?

Never heard of that case, but yeah the diffusion of ownership requirement can be got around by a lease over one property so it was grand!

ya I don't think it was that relevant but I said it was worth a mention. So to take the question as though he was the owner it makes no difference?

DaveKit wrote: »
    ya I don't think it was that relevant but I said it was worth a mention. So to take the question as though he was the owner it makes no difference?

That's my understanding of it anyway!

I am so excited for this time tomorrow that I cannot focus on EU. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That's my understanding of it anyway!

I am so excited for this time tomorrow that I cannot focus on EU. :rolleyes:

Thank you, feeling more assured! Good luck tomorrow! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement