Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Did people send letters/emails today?

Will be sending one tomorrow evening. Still absolutely gutted over that exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Same as me, just wondering did many people actually go through with it

Same as me, just wondering did many people actually go through with it

I hope they have/will. No point moaning over how bad a paper was if you won't do anything about it. The more that write in the better for everyone who was unhappy with it which i'd imagine is a high number.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

Did people send letters/emails today?

Sent a letter and an email yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Letter and email sent yesterday too. Agreed, giving out is pretty futile if people aren't willing to express it.

Also, any feedback from any of the grind schools on the paper? Any consensus on which school is the best for EU? Seriously need to consider signing up for next sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Troels Hartmann

I'll be writing one today

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Wish the Law Society had more than 2 sittings a year of exams.

Would be quicker yo get through these god awful exams and would also be easier from the point or re-sits.

Im sure this wont happen though as it would mean the Law Society having to get the finger out!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Has anyone got a response yet? Getting no interviews for internships certainly makes this all seem worth all the effort :/

has anyone who sent emails got a response yet?? Ive heard nothing since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 16 COH1234

I sent an email and letter today and got a response back straight away saying that it would be passed directly to the EU examiner ( candidate number omitted) Would strongly suggest everyone does the same if they haven't done so already. Fingers crossed he realises how crap the paper was!

Has a petition been set up?

• Advertisement

I also got an email back after lunch saying that my email would be brought to the attention of the EU examiner (name omitted)!! Its a step in the right direction anyway guys so I would strongly urge anyone who has not yet done so to pop them a fast email, strength in numbers and all that.

As far as I ma aware there is no petition yet but i do feel we need one if we are to get any real remedies. I have no idea how to do one and I have asked people at work but no one has ever set one up. Can anyone do one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Guys, if you're setting up a petition you need to know exactly what you want and how/why it could be done. Just be sure of that before you go into anything.

Good luck with it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

Sent on a letter today! Hope something is done in response!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Guys, if you're setting up a petition you need to know exactly what you want and how/why it could be done. Just be sure of that before you go into anything.

Good luck with it though!

Was just thinking this, what would be the specified aim of a petition that we put forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fe1candidate1

Email sent and I'll be putting my letter in the post tomorrow!

I suppose our specified aim would be to have an additional summer sitting of the exam?

Asking solely for leniency in marking might be another one, but we would have no way of knowing whether or not it was followed through with.

Email sent and I'll be putting my letter in the post tomorrow!

I suppose our specified aim would be to have an additional summer sitting of the exam?

Asking solely for leniency in marking might be another one, but we would have no way of knowing whether or not it was followed through with.

Exactly!! Asking for a lenient marking scheme is no good as we have no way of knowing if it was followed! Petition should call for extra sitting in summer and should be limited to ppl who registered to sit EU in march only. That way it would cut out them rejecting it by saying they need to book out the hotel etc and have numerous supervisors. By limiting it to only ppl who sat exam in March they would know exactly how many ppl, what space they need and how many supervisors all that info is already at their disposal! That's my opinion anyway, maybe people might disagree with that??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fe1candidate1

I totally agree with all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shan89

Exactly!! Asking for a lenient marking scheme is no good as we have no way of knowing if it was followed! Petition should call for extra sitting in summer and should be limited to ppl who registered to sit EU in march only. That way it would cut out them rejecting it by saying they need to book out the hotel etc and have numerous supervisors. By limiting it to only ppl who sat exam in March they would know exactly how many ppl, what space they need and how many supervisors all that info is already at their disposal! That's my opinion anyway, maybe people might disagree with that??

I agree! There would be no need to even have it in a hotel I'm sure they have sufficient space in Blackhall itself? How do we go about setting up the petition? The sooner it's done the better?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eveline14

Shan89 wrote: »
    I agree! There would be no need to even have it in a hotel I'm sure they have sufficient space in Blackhall itself? How do we go about setting up the petition? The sooner it's done the better?

Guys, I'm sure if you just google it you'll be able to find out how to set up an Ipetition.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hi all,

mine is all drafted, will have it sent off tomorrow!!
    Even if nothing comes out of this whole thing, at least they need to know how unfair the paper was...
    I hope everyone will send them an email / letter and encourage all your friends to do the same too! The more the better!!
    we need to be heard !

• Advertisement

I checked out the website i petitions.com and it appears to be easy enough to set the petition up. I will do so if there is a general consensus for doing so? We are requesting a resit as soon as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LawyrUp

COH1234 wrote: »
    I checked out the website i petitions.com and it appears to be easy enough to set the petition up. I will do so if there is a general consensus for doing so? We are requesting a resit as soon as possible?

Hi COH. Thanks for taking the initiative. Yep, I think (open to correction) that the general consensus is for a resit asap as there were alot of people in this EU sitting who were counting on going to Blackhall this September.

In my case that's currently not happening after that joke of an exam.

Personally I think the Law Society are taking the piss. There can't have been much oversight or communication between them and the examiner based on that paper.

Yup that would be great go ahead. Just specify that we need a resit after the results to five people who didn't pass a fair chance. Obviously if anyone did manage to pass it their results should stand! Thanks again. Once prtition is up post link and we'll all get sharing on facebook/twitter etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Great, those of us that did prep course could send link to our colleges for fiewarding to students that may not be on here.

Has anyone gotten a response from the lawsoc since Tues evening? I sent mine tuesday and have heard nothing. Early days but I read here that some got a response

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shan89

I have received no response either.. It seems from posts on here that those who sent emails on Monday got a reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Did anyone actually get an opinion from a prep course lecturer on the paper?

Guys the petition is done and I'll amend the comments on it to reflect the earlier suggestion that those who pass the exam should have those marks stand etc I cant post a link here but its on the ipetitions website and its entitled "FE1 resit demand" get signing!

Im happy to help as I believe the paper was a joke as compared to previous papers and completely unfair. The Law Soc replied to some people saying that their comments would be passed directly to the EU examiner but god knows when we'll hear anything back if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FeDespair

Email sent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

3 signature lads, come on! We need way more than that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement