Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Anyone else has problems logging in to the results page?

I had to request a new password.. I can't remember being given a password in the first place but anywho!:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

smeal wrote: »
    I had to request a new password.. I can't remember being given a password in the first place but anywho!:)

Tried that and it says that it doesn't recognise my ID number. I've emailed them so hopefully it's sorted before Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fe1fun

Feeling genuinely sick at the thought of these results coming out. Blackhall in September or find a Plan B. For the life of me I can't understand why they don't have a summer sitting of these awful exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

I feel resigned to my fate after that EU law exam. Know i've failed and Friday is just mere confirmation. I have no idea where i'll find the motivation to go again with EU in Sept. Sigh. A year gone just like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LawyrUp

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    I feel resigned to my fate after that EU law exam. Know i've failed and Friday is just mere confirmation. I have no idea where i'll find the motivation to go again with EU in Sept. Sigh. A year gone just like that.

Yep. Same here. Could barely answer 2 questions after covering the whole of the EU course. Bye bye traineeship that was dependent on passing, hello another year of sporadic ememployment, uncertainty and minimum wage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

I'm still clinging onto a shred of optimism despite doing fairly awfully in both EU and contract. Dreading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

Partner keeps asking when results are out. I went on about how bad EU was but what they don't know is that they all went awful. Worse still they all know its Friday and I'll have to check them at work. So tempted to take a holiday and make it a very long weekend.

I kept waking up this morning convinced it was Friday and then remembering it was Thursday. I keep dreaming about results too. Tomorrow needs to hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Darren07

Best of Luck tomorrow guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TMJK

A bird pooed on me today - I hope that's a good luck sign! Does it have to be on your head to count?! Ha. Good luck to everyone with results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

absolutely dreading tomorrow... had actually 'forgotten' about all of the nightmare of the EU until this week..
    is there such thing as a miracle? ..

11 hours til we know. Good or bad!
    The best of luck guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I'm flying tomorrow on a plane due to take off at 9.30. Typical. :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

I'm flying tomorrow on a plane due to take off at 9.30. Typical. :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!

Thats actually a good excuse to delay the nerves. I never look at 9.30 regardless

Anyway best of luck everyone! You will all be fine!

Boarding delayed so got to see results. Got magic three, but no Blackhall this year for me!

Very confused by EU. My paper was SHOCKING and got 46. Must have been marked easier cause my other shocking paper I barely got double digits. :P

Well I had way over estimated myself. Only managed to pass property. :-(
    Back to the first 4 it is!

Holy crap I apparently passed EU. Im in absolute shock. Ive done way better papers and failed. Im afraid to tell anyone as I can't believe and think it might be a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Holy crap I apparently passed EU. Im in absolute shock. Ive done way better papers and failed. Im afraid to tell anyone as I can't believe and think it might be a mistake

I passed EU?? There has to be a mistake, I only did 2/3 questions?

Well I had way over estimated myself. Only managed to pass property. :-(
    Back to the first 4 it is!

I thought I played a blinder in Property compared to last time and went down 9 percent. Thought Constitutional was a definite pass and only managed 50 on the dot.

These are strange exams indeed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Got my magic 3 :) No idea how I passed Equity!

• Advertisement

Sorry I may seem dense but how do you actually get to the results page once you login to lawsociety.ie?

edit: never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jenspondolik

I'm in shock - managed to pass company constitutional EU and Tort even though did about 3-4 questions in each of them. Beyond crazy. Must be bell curve marking. i booked hols there cos i thought blackhall out the window.

Well done to everyone who passed that hideous EU exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

I thought I played a blinder in Property compared to last time and went down 9 percent. Thought Constitutional was a definite pass and only managed 50 on the dot.

These are strange exams indeed!!

Out of the five exams I did I passed one..equity..got 51 and pretty sure i answered it close enough to griffith sample answers. Study loads for contract, tort, got 40. Didnt study for EU AT ALL...I mean NOTHING...no caselaw, basically copied from treaty and I get 44 which makes me conclude these exams are a load of Sh**te and a money making racket. €115 for a recheck are they serious??

Dreading telling my firm. Today is not a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Well done everyone! Managed to pass Criminal, Contract, Equity (only barely) and Property. 4 down, 4 to go.

It does seem like - judging by people's eu marks - that they lowered significantly the standard required for passing EU to reflect the poor exam that was set. Thank god they did.

It does seem like - judging by people's eu marks - that they lowered significantly the standard required for passing EU to reflect the poor exam that was set. Thank god they did.

100% this, I got 55 in it despite staring blankly at the paper for the first 45 mins, Cant wait to see the examiner reports for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Anyone else have to tell their firm they wont be starting blackhall? I wonder how they feel about deferralls..anyone know or have experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭notabasicb

Is it a large firm? They normally have big numbers and are able to fill spaces quickly enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Could anyone who just passed the last of their exams tell me if online it says anything about confirming you've passed all 8? I thought someone said before it does but mine doesn't. I'm here refusing to believe I passed and something's gone wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Lily Belle wrote: »
    Could anyone who just passed the last of their exams tell me if online it says anything about confirming you've passed all 8? I thought someone said before it does but mine doesn't. I'm here refusing to believe I passed and something's gone wrong

Nope mine doesn't say anything about passing all 8.. I know how you feel..I am so shocked about EU still. hope they didn't make a mistake with EU haha! gonna wait for the letter to arrive :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement