Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShamblesB

Hi, could anyone tell me what topics came up in constitutional and tort in the last sitting please? With time running out i think i might have to start cutting stuff out! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Milkypops wrote: »
    hey chops, just wondering would u be able to tel me what came up in the oct 11 and oct 12 tort sitting....im planning on leaving occupiers liability and passing off out as they came up in last sitting.....good or bad idea? cheers for any input :)

October 2011:

Q1. Limitation Periods.
    Q2. Defamation.
    Q3. Standard/Duty of Care.
    Q4. Vicarious Liability.
    Q5. Nuisance.
    Q6. Professional Negligence.
    Q7. Nervous Shock.
    Q8. Trespass to the Person.

March 2012:

Q1. Causation/Remoteness.
    Q2. Occupiers Liability.
    Q3. Passing Off.
    Q4. Pure Economic Loss.
    Q5. Vicarious Liability.
    Q6. Products Liability.
    Q7. Nervous Shock.
    Q8. Trespass to the Person.

October 2012:

Q1. Trespass to the Person.
    Q2. Liability for Animals.
    Q3. Defamation.
    Q4. Damages.
    Q5. Professional Negligence.
    Q6. Nuisance.
    Q7. Limitation Periods.
    Q8. Standard/Duty of Care.

March 2013:

Q1. Passing Off.
    Q2. Occupiers Liability.
    Q3. Causation/Standard of Care.
    Q4. Statutory Liability for Defective Products.
    Q5. Professional Negligence.
    Q6. Vicarious Liability.
    Q7. Negligence - Public Authorities.
    Q8. Duty of Care/Remoteness/Causation.

Does anyone on here happen to have any 2012/2013 sample answers for Company? I've only got up to October 2011 and would love to go through the 2012 and 2013 one's.

I think I ask this every sitting but it's ok to underling and highlight yes? Just no writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

chops018 wrote: »
    I think I ask this every sitting but it's ok to underling and highlight yes? Just no writing?

That's what I've done for company/EU legislation in the past and its been fine.

That's what I've done for company/EU legislation in the past and its been fine.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

EU

Anyone willing to swap 2010/2012 EU answers for Criminal, Equity or Company answers (up to 2011)?? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rocksch2

Constitutional October 2012, Question 3. Not quite sure on all the issues/relevant case law. Can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

And you covering everything for contract? It Is there any chapters you're specifically focussing on?

My motto is cover everything but thats just me, and its always worked, but it might not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

My motto is cover everything but thats just me, and its always worked, but it might not for you.

Thanks Morris I will cover everything but I just didn't want to spend time in areas that is not as relevant as others.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShamblesB

MD (a minor) v DPP - does anybody know what was the outcome of the appeal? Was the legislation constitutional or not? Can't find it anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 filosoraptor

sophya wrote: »
    Maybe add in citizenship and anti-discrimination, can be useful for FM of persons. And a bit more on competition would give you peace of mind e.g. state aids.

Thanks, I was thinking of including something on State Aid alright, just wanted to see what other thought!

Also, I was just wondering what the protocol is for referring to treaty articles, is it acceptable to just refer to everything by the most up-to-date numbering or do you need to include 'formerly art. xxx' every time you refer to one? Its been way too long since I studied EU law!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FEBun

Anyone have a march 2013 examiners report for criminal please? Can swap for equity/tort/contract/property

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

just wondering will these topics get me 5 questions in company...

corporate personality
    corporate authority
    ultra vires
    directors duties
    restriction/disqualification
    shareholder/directors meetings
    share transfer
    shareholder protection/remedies
    corporate borrowings
    retention of title
    liquidation
    receivership
    art 80
    disposition of assets

cheers :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

corporate personality
    corporate authority
    ultra vires
    directors duties
    share transfer
    corporate borrowings
    retention of title
    liquidation
    receivership
    art 80
    disposition of assets

I'd throw in examinership as well, unless it was on the last paper in which cases the odds dictate leaving it out.

It's a handy enough topic if you're on top of things. Useful recent cases would include Xtravision, B&Q and John Hinde with the emphasis on breaking leases to make branches more viable.

Also, to keep it fresh, it might be worth mentioning the Peat's World of Electronics examinership (only newspaper reports available I think) where there was a liquidation in train, then an examinership and now they're in liquidation again. I believe the owners of the company feel they were "bounced" into the examinership so there might be a duty of care angle there.

Robbo wrote: »
    I'd throw in examinership as well, unless it was on the last paper in which cases the odds dictate leaving it out.

It's a handy enough topic if you're on top of things. Useful recent cases would include Xtravision, B&Q and John Hinde with the emphasis on breaking leases to make branches more viable.

Also, to keep it fresh, it might be worth mentioning the Peat's World of Electronics examinership (only newspaper reports available I think) where there was a liquidation in train, then an examinership and now they're in liquidation again. I believe the owners of the company feel they were "bounced" into the examinership so there might be a duty of care angle there.

I was hoping you wouldnt say that hahah...examinership came up in oct 12 sitting ....receivership hasnt come up since march 11 and liquidation since oct 11 so im hoping for either of the 2 of them really before examinership......and i definitely wouldnt say i was on top of things either :P....thanks for your input though!! :)

corporate personality
    corporate authority
    ultra vires
    directors duties
    share transfer
    corporate borrowings
    retention of title
    liquidation
    receivership
    art 80
    disposition of assets

I'm doing pretty much the same as you bar one or two. Also I know the main one's better than others. Steering away from examinership too tbh, don't know if it's a good idea or not.

A couple of them I'm just noting the legislation incase I get stuck and need a question, capital maintenance being one of them.

I'm doing pretty much the same as you bar one or two. Also I know the main one's better than others. Steering away from examinership too tbh, don't know if it's a good idea or not.

A couple of them I'm just noting the legislation incase I get stuck and need a question, capital maintenance being one of them.

I'm doing similar topics as well, also staying away from examinership and doing receivership.

ya exactly i was wondering about capital maintenance and say ill do the same... did u see the march exam paper? i know the topics that came up but was it an easy paper, in other words will the october one be a bitch to sit?

im just hoping corporate authority, corporate personality, directors duties and charges/rot clauses come up and well surely get another question from the topics we've done.

also has there been any landmark cases recently for the main topics....bar automatic crystalisation? Im really just sticking to the usual cases, its too late to try and start learning new ones off now in my opinion.

ya exactly i was wondering about capital maintenance and say ill do the same... did u see the march exam paper? i know the topics that came up but was it an easy paper, in other words will the october one be a bitch to sit?

im just hoping corporate authority, corporate personality, directors duties and charges/rot clauses come up and well surely get another question from the topics we've done.

also has there been any landmark cases recently for the main topics....bar automatic crystalisation? Im really just sticking to the usual cases, its too late to try and start learning new ones off now in my opinion.

Not sure about any new cases tbh. I'm working off 2011/12 notes and answers.

The March paper seemed decent enough bar one or two. From looking at it I would have got 4 decent questions, and been able to have a ok stab at one or two more. Can't remember what last October was like.

Yeah if Corporate Authority, Personality, Ultra Vires, Directors Duties (x2 - wishful thinking), Restriction/Disqualification, Borrowings, Shareholder Protection come up then I reckon I'll be grand.

Have a good-ish knowledge on them. Not so great on the others but I do know them a bit, and as I said one or two (legislation heavy topics) I've noted the relevant legislation incase I get stuck for a question.

Here's hoping it's a nice paper.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I've just unstickied this thread because it's active enough not to need to be kept at the top of the forum; it stays there by itself.

If people are having trouble finding it, I will reconsider this move! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

Covering the following for property, will it be enough?

Finding/treasure trove
    Landlord and Tenant
    Co-ownership
    Family Property
    Adverse possession
    Licences and estoppel
    Easements
    Succession

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

sally01 wrote: »
    Covering the following for property, will it be enough?

Finding/treasure trove
    Landlord and Tenant
    Co-ownership
    Family Property
    Adverse possession
    Licences and estoppel
    Easements
    Succession

Thanks

Bear in mind that Succession is 2 questions. ;) I've got the same as you but I have got Covenants instead of Landlord & Tenant. That, Land registration and Mortgages were too messy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

Bear in mind that Succession is 2 questions. ;) I've got the same as you but I have got Covenants instead of Landlord & Tenant. That, Land registration and Mortgages were too messy for me.

Ye that's true. When you look at it that way it seems fine. It's just so much fewer topics than the other exams I started to panic ha.

Covering the following for contract:

Terms
    Offer
    Acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Privity
    Misrep
    Clauses
    Mistake
    Discharge inc frustr and fund breach
    Remedies

Any thoughts as to whether this should cover me for 5 questions will be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Fe1exams

Do people think its really necessary to bring the legislation into the contract law exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

It cant be of any harm to you.. and it does not cost a lot. Why limit yourself when this could be of some help to you in the exam.

Fe1exams wrote: »
    Do people think its really necessary to bring the legislation into the contract law exam?

I didn't use it. But I do agree with the poster above, it is better to have it and not use than not have it and say I wish I had of brought it in.

Bear in mind the SOGA can always be brought into questions regarding contracts for products or services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FEBun

Hi again looking for march 2013 crim examiner report! If anyone has it please pm me. Can trade for equity contract tort property

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

Hi, i've covered most of the equity side of the equity and trusts course but havn't looked at any of the trusts side, could anyone tell me a few of the must-cover topics for trusts please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

May92 wrote: »
    Hi, i've covered most of the equity side of the equity and trusts course but havn't looked at any of the trusts side, could anyone tell me a few of the must-cover topics for trusts please?

Hey, I am kind of in the same position as I don't particularly like trusts at all. But they do have to be covered ... maybe focus on Charitable trusts - appear to be a frequent question from there depending on time maybe resulting trusts and Trusteeship also seems to be frequently examined although I'm hoping not in October! That would be my advice but to be safe have one or two questions prepared on them!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement