Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

Didi2013 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I am siting Equity, and today I was studying Specific performance. Having reviewed the exam reports of March 2015, she says that students aren't using "the many cases that have been handed down by the Irish courts in recent years". I have tried looking up online, as I don't have any up todate manual -yet the most recent case I found was Dakoto Packing case(2005), in regard to the contract stating that the D would only buy from the P for the next 12 months - as it stated so in the contract.

Would any one have any recent cases that they could suggest?

Thanks in advance

She's referring to Ahmed v HSE (2007) and Carroll v Dublin Bus (2005) as far as I recall!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FEar1

What topics are people feeling for Criminal this time round? Anything jumping out at anyone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

What are peoples' study timetables like at this stage? Are you studying in groups of days or one per day at this stage?

I.e. 8th - 11th: Property; 12th - 15th: Equity
    Or 8th: Property, 9th: Equity, etc.

With only three weeks to go I'm not sure if I should be narrowing my time down more at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

What are peoples' study timetables like at this stage? Are you studying in groups of days or one per day at this stage?

I.e. 8th - 11th: Property; 12th - 15th: Equity
    Or 8th: Property, 9th: Equity, etc.

With only three weeks to go I'm not sure if I should be narrowing my time down more at this stage.

I'm still going one per day but I think that'll change Thursday week when there's two weeks to the day left to my first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 larryloffy

Does anyone have an updated EU grid? I only have one that runs up to 2012! Also has anyone narrowed down topics for EU yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

I've been looking at the question that comes up for mareva injunctions constantly where it ask about the less restrictive approach to the requirement that a plaintiff seeking a mareva injunction must show that there is a real risk that the defendant will dispose of his or her assets for the purpose of preventing the plaintiff from recovering damages. I am disagreeing with this saying that its more of a balancing in act in light of the injustice it can cause to the defendant and the difficulties that a plaintiff can have in showing the intention to dissipate assets at an interlocutory stage.

I have case law supporting the injustice to defendant but i can't seem to see any direct cases dealing with easing the burden on the defendant to prove the intention. Can anyone think of any?? thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Would anyone fancy exchanging the last sitting of Eu and company Exam papers for criminal and contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Simplyliving04

This is perhaps a stupid question but where are the exams being held?! I can't find anything online other than mentions of the Red Cow for past exams and my letter says details won't come until 2 weeks before. Just starting to think re plans of where I'll stay when up there

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭neesie_85

the exams are in the Moran Hotel at the Red cow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Have you guys got your confirmation of payment yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 spaz_hawk

Hi everyone. Sitting my last four Fe1s and hoping that it'll be the last time! Doing property, criminal, constitutional and tort. Looking at the past property papers I've decided that (i) Succession, (ii) Easements and Profits, (ii) Adverse Possession, (iv) Family Property, (v) Co-Ownership and (vi) Licences should be enough to cover me. Can anyone tell me if that's a reasonable decision?

Hi everyone. Sitting my last four Fe1s and hoping that it'll be the last time! Doing property, criminal, constitutional and tort. Looking at the past property papers I've decided that (i) Succession, (iii) Easements and Profits, (ii) Adverse Possession, (iv) Family Property, (v) Co-Ownership and (vi) Licences should be enough to cover me. Can anyone tell me if that's a reasonable decision?

Quick question, I know you have to leave the legislation up the before the day of the exam, has anyone left it in on the day of the exam for checking? Could have sworn I saw people do that but when i asked the Law Society they said you couldn't.

neesie_85 wrote: »
    Quick question, I know you have to leave the legislation up the before the day of the exam, has anyone left it in on the day of the exam for checking? Could have sworn I saw people do that but when i asked the Law Society they said you couldn't.

Yes you can. The only problem is that you won't have the legislation from the beginning of the exam. It usually only takes them about a half an hour to give it to you if you only left it in the morning of the exam but it can be longer.

Have you guys got your confirmation of payment yet?

yeah got it about two weeks ago

spaz_hawk wrote: »
    Yes you can. The only problem is that you won't have the legislation from the beginning of the exam. It usually only takes them about a half an hour to give it to you if you only left it in the morning of the exam but it can be longer.

Excellent Thanks
    At least now I don't have to take a morning off to go up and hand it in. On my last exam so only up for one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Simplyliving04

neesie_85 wrote: »
    the exams are in the Moran Hotel at the Red cow

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

They've been held there for several years now. Poster is definitely right about venue.

How do you know this?

that's where they have been for the last few years. Also when you get your exam number they give you a map to the venue. But all my FE1 exams have been held there.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Hey everyone, I hope study is going well. Cannot believe I am back on this again so soon. Time has flown since March.

Just wondering for EU what cases are people covering for the case note Q? Does anybody have a list of cases that would mean they will 100% (or thereabouts) be able to write about three cases on the day? I am finding it so hard to narrow the cases down.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

The dread is setting in...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

EthanSS wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I hope study is going well. Cannot believe I am back on this again so soon. Time has flown since March.

Just wondering for EU what cases are people covering for the case note Q? Does anybody have a list of cases that would mean they will 100% (or thereabouts) be able to write about three cases on the day? I am finding it so hard to narrow the cases down.

Thanks in advance.

Zambrano
    Council v commission (erta)
    Zhu v Chen
    Pringle v Ireland
    Airtours

Zambrano
    Council v commission (erta)
    Zhu v Chen
    Pringle v Ireland
    Airtours

That's just a few off the top of my head. I'll add another few a bit later. I only covered about 9 cases.

Cases I'm doing for EU:

Air tours
    Zambrano
    Microsoft v Comm
    Van Gend & Loos
    Zhu v Chen
    Kobler
    Comm. v Council (ERTA)
    Pringle v Ireland

Hopefully the above will cover me for the case note question. What's everyone else's thoughts on the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kd2121

Anyone have a list of topics for EU? Trying to see what can be cut out?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 effinnblindin

Hi everyone. Sitting my last four Fe1s and hoping that it'll be the last time! Doing property, criminal, constitutional and tort. Looking at the past property papers I've decided that (i) Succession, (ii) Easements and Profits, (ii) Adverse Possession, (iv) Family Property, (v) Co-Ownership and (vi) Licences should be enough to cover me. Can anyone tell me if that's a reasonable decision?

I'd also love to to know if people think this is enough to cover?

In a word, no.

Throw in Mortgages or Landlord/Tenant. If you're more nervous, both, but I don't think that's necessary. I found Registered/Unregistered land systems to be a quick one to do and got a full question on it on the day.

Know Succession inside out, upside down and backwards. And know where to find what you need in the Succession Act. Tab that bad boy!

In a word, no.

Throw in Mortgages or Landlord/Tenant. If you're more nervous, both, but I don't think that's necessary. I found Registered/Unregistered land systems to be a quick one to do and got a full question on it on the day.

Know Succession inside out, upside down and backwards. And know where to find what you need in the Succession Act. Tab that bad boy!

Mar 2015 the topics I outlined would have given you the choice of 7 questions. Oct 14 choice of 6 (albeit two on licences). Apr 14 choice of 5. Mar 14 choice of 5. Oct 13 choice of 5. Mar 13 choice of 7. Oct 12 choice of 7. Mar 12 choice of 7.

I think I will cover ownership and tenure as well just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

Treasure trove/finding is a very small topic but an absolute must, there was a whole question on it in march 2015

• Advertisement

Mar 2015 the topics I outlined would have given you the choice of 7 questions. Oct 14 choice of 6 (albeit two on licences). Apr 14 choice of 5. Mar 14 choice of 5. Oct 13 choice of 5. Mar 13 choice of 7. Oct 12 choice of 7. Mar 12 choice of 7.

I think I will cover ownership and tenure as well just to be sure.

You were missing something key that I couldn't put my finger on, which is why I said mortgages or landlord/tenant.

Fe1r has it spot on, though - you're actually missing findings on land/treasure trove. Do that and you could get away with your original list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement