Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 djsilver17

Anyone want to lift-share for the exams from Cork to Dublin in Sept/Oct 2015? This round I am taking Tort, Property, Equity, and Contract and will plan to leave Cork area around 5:30am to arrive at the hotel 8am or so (traffic permitting). HORRIBLE that we can't take the train, lads. I thought the venue would be Blackhall Place, had the train booked and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

djsilver17 wrote: »
    Anyone want to lift-share for the exams from Cork to Dublin in Sept/Oct 2015? This round I am taking Tort, Property, Equity, and Contract and will plan to leave Cork area around 5:30am to arrive at the hotel 8am or so (traffic permitting). HORRIBLE that we can't take the train, lads. I thought the venue would be Blackhall Place, had the train booked and all!

If you have the train booked, the Luas goes from Heuston right to the hotel.

Blackhall has nowhere near the capacity. Nearly 1000 people sit these exams. They take up the big ballroom and conference centre of the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 djsilver17

How long though on the Luas? I was planning on walking the 15min or so walk to Blackhall place and the Cork train arrives 8:20am. Any weird delay, morning rush, etc could make me really late from Heuston chancing a Luas... unless it's a really short Luas ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

djsilver17 wrote: »
    How long though on the Luas? I was planning on walking the 15min or so walk to Blackhall place and the Cork train arrives 8:20am. Any weird delay, morning rush, etc could make me really late from Heuston chancing a Luas... unless it's a really short Luas ride?

It's about 20 minutes, I think. The exams don't start until 9.30 so that should be plenty of time. They'll let you in if you're late (up to 20 mins, I think), but you really shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

Hey, what are peeps focusing on for constitutional, using independent manual and find it a bit all over the place, this is my second attempt at constitutional, it's a nightmare of a subject!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

Any thoughts on EU considering the last one?

My brain really can't take any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Does anyone have experience with parking at the exam venue. IE, are there plenty of spaces for all the people who would be there at the time of the exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prettylamp

Does anyone have experience with parking at the exam venue. IE, are there plenty of spaces for all the people who would be there at the time of the exams?

There's plenty of spaces at the hotel. I've never had an issue finding a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 36 effinnblindin

What needs to be covered for equity and what can be ignored? Time is against me at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Fe1r wrote: »
    Any thoughts on EU considering the last one?

My brain really can't take any more

Run 😂. I am trying to know a little about everything for EU.

• Advertisement

Run 😂. I am trying to know a little about everything for EU.

I had started with that intention but now actually trying to learn it I know its not going to happen...can't cope! There's just so much I'm already defeated

I had started with that intention but now actually trying to learn it I know its not going to happen...can't cope! There's just so much I'm already defeated

You are NOT defeated my friend.

Don't even take it day be day - even that can feel to much when you are under pressure. Literally take it hour by hour. Do a good hour (or 45 minutes) of study and don't worry about the next hour until after you take a break.

Remember, all of us just need to squeak in at just 50%. WE CAN DO IT

You are NOT defeated my friend.

Don't even take it day be day - even that can feel to much when you are under pressure. Literally take it hour by hour. Do a good hour (or 45 minutes) of study and don't worry about the next hour until after you take a break.

Remember, all of us just need to squeak in at just 50%. WE CAN DO IT

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated! It was always going to be my last exam but with the way I heard it went last March I thought this time round it would have to be better, now I'm not so sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Sorry if it's been said on previous pages but there is a new intern examminer for EU, Caoimhín MacMaoláin. He was always a pretty fair exam setter/marker in Trinity so hopefully he'll be the same here!

Sorry if it's been said on previous pages but there is a new intern examminer for EU, Caoimhín MacMaoláin. He was always a pretty fair exam setter/marker in Trinity so hopefully he'll be the same here!

Let's just hope he's not expecting Trinity standard answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭neesie_85

coco97 wrote: »
    Hi guys, have ye received your letter with your exam number yet? I got the one confirming they got my application and I'm sure I already had the exam number one at this stage last time

RECEIVED MINE YESTERDAY - 17/9/2015

• Registered Users Posts: 41 spaz_hawk

neesie_85 wrote: »
    RECEIVED MINE YESTERDAY - 17/9/2015

Ya I receive mine yesterday as well. Anyone who changed address since the last sitting might want to check at their old address. I asked for correspondence to be sent to my work address this sitting and they sent it to my home address instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coco97

The only thing getting me through EU was that the last guy seemed to be an easy marker- 70% of students passing. Let's hope this guy is the same...

coco97 wrote: »
    The only thing getting me through EU was that the last guy seemed to be an easy marker- 70% of students passing. Let's hope this guy is the same...

Likewise, i know of one who answered only two questions and barely attempted a third and passed... The lack of consistency is frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coco97

Likewise, i know of one who answered only two questions and barely attempted a third and passed... The lack of consistency is frustrating!

If all else fails (literally) at least Noel travers is still the external examiner :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Guys company law what topics are most likely to come up? Would anyone know?thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tyler Durdenn

Could anyone please direct me where to find the rules on non-charitable purpose trusts since the enactment of the new Act?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Scandixx

Does anywhere know of any BnBs close to the red cow moran hotel? It is such hassle getting out there!!

Damn you rugby world cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Was anyone at the Griffith College EU revision class last night? Just wondered what people's thoughts were?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

The new internal examiner for EU. Is it going to make any difference to the way the paper is set. I could really do without a repeat of a March's paper. Is it the internal examiner that sets the paper?? So dreading this EU exam

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Only finishing making my notes today....:-(

Please someone tell me they are in position!

Could anyone offer any advice on Contract and it's diffuculty? Likelihood is that I will onl have about 3 days to learn it.

Why did I waste the last 2 weeks?!

Damn you rugby world cup

Well worth it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

For Eu I've institutions, supremacy and DE, member state liability, annulment, prel ref, enforcement, Fmog, fmow, ftps and foe, comp law -101&102. And citizenship. Does that sound ok. Could also answer a favourable casenote q. I'm freaked! Hated eu in college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Hey. I have four passed, four to do this sitting. I was wondering if any of those who got high marks in the past would be kind enough to give an overview as to how you approach answering the questions?? I know in college we used the ilac - issue, law, apply, conclusion but I am aware we are supposed to approach these in a much more practical rather than academic way. My highest mark was 52 so I would love to hear back from others who maybe got high 50s of 60s? I will be sitting eu, constitutional, tort and contract. cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement