Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LawyrUp

Anybody else slowly losing their minds? I seem to somersault between "ok Im pretty prepared, good" to "what have I been doing with my time!!" about 20 times a day!

Yep. Only one FE 1 left to do and it's my last chance before the time limit kicks in. I've pretty much given up at this point.

I can't even do bullet point outlines even though I've been studying my arse off.

I've put less effort in to studying for three in one go and passed. This is my third attempt at EU. I don't know what it is with this subject but I just can't commit the most basic stuff to memory or get any way comfortable/familiar with it.

I struggled with the other 7 but at least there was a sense of slow progression.

**** you EU law.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

This is my first time.....im petrified :,(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭neesie_85

LawyrUp wrote: »
    Yep. Only one FE 1 left to do and it's my last chance before the time limit kicks in. I've pretty much given up at this point.

I can't even do bullet point outlines even though I've been studying my arse off.

I've put less effort in to studying for three in one go and passed. This is my third attempt at EU. I don't know what it is with this subject but I just can't commit the most basic stuff to memory or get any way comfortable/familiar with it.

I struggled with the other 7 but at least there was a sense of slow progression.

**** you EU law.

I'm the same EU law will just not sink in... Last one for me too! Just cannot get motivated!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

LawyrUp wrote: »

**** you EU law.

I'm not sure if its much help but with EU try and look at it from a broader angle- try to get a general understanding of each topic as opposed to getting bogged down in the nitty gritty too much.

The way I do it is read over the chapter and then pretend you're giving a lecture to a group of people on the general overview of it- even if its in the simplest terms.. then when I understand the general principles, fill it in with a few cases.

EU is far too broad for bullet pointing and learning off things by the page. Similar to Constitutional. You need to know the bones of it well to answer a good question and then anything extra is a bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LawyrUp

smeal wrote: »
    I'm not sure if its much help but with EU try and look at it from a broader angle- try to get a general understanding of each topic as opposed to getting bogged down in the nitty gritty too much.

The way I do it is read over the chapter and then pretend you're giving a lecture to a group of people on the general overview of it- even if its in the simplest terms.. then when I understand the general principles, fill it in with a few cases.

EU is far too broad for bullet pointing and learning off things by the page. Similar to Constitutional. You need to know the bones of it well to answer a good question and then anything extra is a bonus :)

Thanks smeal.

I appreciate the advice. I'll give your way a shot and hope for the best.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

In company am I safe leaving out capital maintenance? I can't get my head around it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missindigo123

Fe1r wrote: »
    In company am I safe leaving out capital maintenance? I can't get my head around it

I don't know if it's safe but in leaving it out too!!

For company am I ok to cover:

Borrowing
    Corporate authority
    Directors
    Shareholder protection
    Piercing corporate veil
    Examiners hip
    Receivership

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TMJK

I'm the exact same. I leaving it out, I can't get it into my head :/

For company am I ok to cover:

Borrowing
    Corporate authority
    Directors
    Shareholder protection
    Piercing corporate veil
    Examiners hip
    Receivership

Great missindigo123 and TMKJ, there are at least three of us!

Missindigo123, if you're including restrictions and reckless and fraudulent trading under directors then I think you're OK, that's all I'm doing anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Galw2014

Missindigo123, if you're including restrictions and reckless and fraudulent trading under directors then I think you're OK, that's all I'm doing anyway!

I'm doing the same except instead of examinership & receivership, I'm covering winding up. Do you think that's enough?

Thanks! I am indeed covering restrictions and reckless and fraudulent trading!! So much information, such a tired brain haha!

Galw2014 wrote: »
    I'm doing the same except instead of examinership & receivership, I'm covering winding up. Do you think that's enough?

Hope so!!

Galw2014 wrote: »

Instead of winding up I would cover receivership, examinership and winding up just don't seem to appear that much

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kd2121

For company I'm covering
    1 directors
    2 restriction
    3 Slp
    4 Borrowing
    5 Corporate Authority
    6 Shares
    7 Shareholder Protection
    8 Transmission of shares

Should I throw in receivership too or would I have enough in that?

kd2121 wrote: »
    For company I'm covering
    1 directors
    2 restriction
    3 Slp
    4 Borrowing
    5 Corporate Authority
    6 Shares
    7 Shareholder Protection
    8 Transmission of shares

Should I throw in receivership too or would I have enough in that?

I would say you have enough !

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

**ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS LAST MINUTE WORRY QUESTION - PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME!**

Is it 5 questions that need to be answered on each FE1 paper? I cannot find anything that says that and none of my past papers have it written on the top of them how many questions to answer!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

qwerty1991 wrote: »
    **ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS LAST MINUTE WORRY QUESTION - PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME!**

Is it 5 questions that need to be answered on each FE1 paper? I cannot find anything that says that and none of my past papers have it written on the top of them how many questions to answer!?

I panicked about this last time! Yes it is :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

I panicked about this last time! Yes it is :-)

Thank you! now to cram!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

For Company I'm covering the followino but not sure if it's enough:

SLP
    Corporate Authority
    Directors Duties
    Types of Directors
    Restriction of Directors
    Share Transfer
    Minority Shareholders
    Borrowing
    Disposition of Assets

Leaving out a good bit but no way can I do anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrsl15

Slightly off-topic and apologies for the strange questions, but can anyone tell me if they're really strict about the 'no food or drink' rule? I never made it through any undergrad exams without having to eat :) Thank you!

mrsl15 wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic and apologies for the strange questions, but can anyone tell me if they're really strict about the 'no food or drink' rule? I never made it through any undergrad exams without having to eat :) Thank you!

No they don't enforce it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 spaz_hawk

mrsl15 wrote: »

They don't allow drinks without lids so if you're planning on bringing an energy drink best to opt for one in a bottle, like boost etc.

spaz_hawk wrote: »
    They don't allow drinks without lids so if you're planning on bringing an energy drink best to opt for one in a bottle, like boost etc.

Thank you!

No they don't enforce it!

Thank you! Feeling slightly better now :)

Anyone else still waiting for the fact that the exams are so soon to sink in properly? I know that I should be more stressed/worried/panicky at this stage! There's only one full say of study left (and I'm spending half of that in MRI and CT scanners!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Totally this! I cannot believe I am sitting here in front of the telly with my laptop, and yet here I am, behaving like somebody who knows it all.

Weird thing is, this is not like me at all - all the way through college I was always super-well prepared.

Totally this! I cannot believe I am sitting here in front of the telly with my laptop, and yet here I am, behaving like somebody who knows it all.

Weird thing is, this is not like me at all - all the way through college I was always super-well prepared.

I was a total panicker in college. Breakdowns every night. I'm not sure why these aren't doing the same to me

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

neesie_85 wrote: »
    I'm the same EU law will just not sink in... Last one for me too! Just cannot get motivated!

What you covering for Eu? I'm doing
    Citizenship
    FMOW
    Direct effect
    Ms liability
    Supremacy
    FMOG
    Competition 101 & 102
    Preliminary Reference
    Annulment Procedure
    Case note q
    Eu competence
    Sources of Eu law
    Proportionality

Really worried if I have enough covered....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭neesie_85

What you covering for Eu? I'm doing
    Citizenship
    FMOW
    Direct effect
    Ms liability
    Supremacy
    FMOG
    Competition 101 & 102
    Preliminary Reference
    Annulment Procedure
    Case note q
    Eu competence
    Sources of Eu law
    Proportionality

Really worried if I have enough covered....

Did mostly the same except that I have also done Freedom of establishment, institutions, state aid and equality, I left out the case note question.

kind of trying to get a broad look at most topics.

did you cover any institutions, there is usually a question that comes up on one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement