Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

dd19 wrote: »
    How are people dealing with the recent Referendum in relation to Property Law? For example in the Protection of the Family Home etc. It's not included in the syllabus online. Just a brief mention of it or what?

I had the same question in mind when I went into the one day preparation course in Griffith, and I was going to ask but then I thought to myself when the lecturer didn't mention it while he was on the subject of family property that it must not be too much of an issue/ I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts though because I would've presumed that it bore mentioning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

This thread always makes me doubt myself, but I thought:

Q1 Duty of Care for acts of third parties/negligent care of children and vicarious liability for their actions.

Q3 Causation and whether the company was vicariously liable for Richard's "hilarious prank" or it was a frolic.

Q6 Nuisance.

Q8 Employers liability and duty of care owed to Jennifer. Had to do this one and had no real case law to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Not doing tort this round so haven't seen the exam but I had Ray Friel and Eoin Quill (the external examiner) in UL and even in college exams they mixed topics and had, for lack of a better word, erratic problem questions that were confusing. They both always accepted different interpretations as long as you backed them up with case law so I wouldn't be overly worried if people are coming up with different answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tyler Durdenn

Is it true that there was widespread nervous shock upon reading the paper, and loads of people fled the scene at the earliest opportunity?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Christy_C

Best of luck everyone who is sitting Company tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes well for ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

This thread always makes me doubt myself, but I thought:

Q1 Duty of Care for acts of third parties/negligent care of children and vicarious liability for their actions.

Q3 Causation and whether the company was vicariously liable for Richard's "hilarious prank" or it was a frolic.

Q6 Nuisance.

Q8 Employers liability and duty of care owed to Jennifer. Had to do this one and had no real case law to use.

Q.3 Seems to be a lot of confusion on this but this appeared to be a question on trespass to the person - infliction of emotional distress, to me. VL requires a 3rd party to be injured, unless I'm wrong. There was no 3rd party

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

oraghabd wrote: »
    Q.3 Seems to be a lot of confusion on this but this appeared to be a question on trespass to the person - infliction of emotional distress, to me. VL requires a 3rd party to be injured, unless I'm wrong. There was no 3rd party

The question asked how were the employers liable not the pranker. So it'd be their VL.

At this stage who knows what the question was about. I can see why people thought it was VL, 3rd party isn't clear on first read but then on a re read I saw it :( and I can see why people thought it was trespass or causation.

But either way as other posters have previously said the internal and external examiner seem to give marks even if you go off topic as long as you can back it up with the correct law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

The question asked how were the employers liable not the pranker. So it'd be their VL.

This. It specifically said action against the employer, not the guy who did it.

I thought it was trespass the first time I read it, but on second reading the mention of his already being stressed and on heart medication read more like multiple causes/material increase in risks test.

Could be phrased so we're all right! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

This. It specifically said action against the employer, not the guy who did it.

I thought it was trespass the first time I read it, but on second reading the mention of his already being stressed and on heart medication read more like multiple causes/material increase in risks test.

Could be phrased so we're all right! :P

Ah bollix. Wishing I hadn't looked at boards now. Ignorance is bliss. Could have answered a question on VL as well..

No idea how much understanding they allow for this. If they don't, that's 20% gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hey guys!!

Just came on boards after talking to a friend who just sat the tort !Leave it behind and focus on the rest the of exams!

Just sharing my experience, I miss read a whole question when I sat Tort, the question was on VL and I answered it on general negligence, completely unrelated.. I also advised the wrong party .. For that paper I had two questions i was happy enough with and two merely ok questions and that one question I answered wrong! I was full on sure I had failed but ended up with 50!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lawexe2012

What do we think is important for property?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 effinnblindin

For Property all I'm covering is: 1. Succession, 2. Finding, 3. Adverse Possession, 4. Family Property, 5. Easements, 6. Licences and 8. Co Ownership. Would that be enough? With these I would be able to answer 5 or more questions for the last 4 years.

Also, I've asked this before, can I write the section numbers on that I put on the succession act?

Thanks!

So apparently one should cover every chapter in Criminal? What are peoples thoughts on leaving out Practice, Procedure, Detention and Bail?

Also what are you folks covering for Equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 effinnblindin

I'm leaving out Practice, Procedure, Detention and Bail anyway. It's very hard to cover everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Company- very fair exam.

Unfortunately I had a complete mental block the entire way through it 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

smeal wrote: »
    Company- very fair exam.

Unfortunately I had a complete mental block the entire way through it 😔

Me too! I'd too very short answers...fml

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

vickyplumx wrote: »
    Me too! I'd too very short answers...fml

Yeah I was just getting all my topics mixed up too much and then blatantly said the complete wrong thing for one Q!

Ah well..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

smeal wrote: »
    Yeah I was just getting all my topics mixed up too much and then blatantly said the complete wrong thing for one Q!

Ah well..

I normally avoid dissection and talking about exams but that was hard. And not the paper was hard type hard but brain mushifying type hard....did anyone answer q3: corporate veil as the few exceptions re importance re SLP or did everyone just do SLP?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

So disappointed in myself. Only did 4 questions and my 4th was bullet points. Will have to learn the course off the new act now for March......faaaacccckkkk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 liizzlemon

Re directors how did people answer..like conflict of interest and duties to comp shareholder etc??only got 4 qs and a 5 copied from the acts...these exams are a pain!

liizzlemon wrote: »
    Re directors how did people answer..like conflict of interest and duties to comp shareholder etc??only got 4 qs and a 5 copied from the acts...these exams are a pain!

I only discussed who they owe duties to.... company, shareholders, creditors and employees.

dashdoll wrote: »
    I only discussed who they owe duties to.... company, shareholders, creditors and employees.

Yeah that's what I did and then I panicked and thought that avoiding conflicts of interest was also a fiduciary duty and maybe should have talked about that too....ah well we can only wait and see!

Random question ..... how do people that have sat contract find it is marked?

Iv signed up for EU and Contract in this sitting and did Company today but messed that up.

Iv v little study done for Contract or EU but have my notes done. Not sure if I would better off forgetting about Contract and just focusing on EU for now cos will only have a day to study contract after the EU exam...need to decide today. HATE these exams so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coco97

Iv signed up for EU and Contract in this sitting and did Company today but messed that up.

Iv v little study done for Contract or EU but have my notes done. Not sure if I would better off forgetting about Contract and just focusing on EU for now cos will only have a day to study contract after the EU exam...need to decide today. HATE these exams so much!

I sat contract last time and was devastated after it cause I didn't have any good answers and actually only answered 4 and a part a and didn't even attempt the b, I passed just about. So if you have anything done I'd say attempt it

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Has anybody any wonderful stories 're company and passing on poor questions they would like to share lol :) got one perfect Q three ok and fifth was a disaster paragraph quoting statute law

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Mileyt wrote: »
    Has anybody any wonderful stories 're company and passing on poor questions they would like to share lol :) got one perfect Q three ok and fifth was a disaster paragraph quoting statute law

Just sitting here waiting on such story! Should be revising property though

Just sitting here waiting on such story! Should be revising property though

Me also...can't concentrate on property at all after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

I passed contract in your situation. Give it a go you may surprise yourself. Sitting here trying to do EU. I just keep reading hope some of it stays in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

It's hard to refocus for property tomorrow. Tired after company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement