Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PorthawGlen

OJ4 wrote: »
    re this what did you guys right for the first part of that q part A. Who should bill and bobs property? kinda confused me
    Iceman101 wrote: »
    Anyone know the official marking scheme for the exams?

Going on past experience there is nothing official about it. You hear stories of people passing attempting 3 questions and hear of others failing having done 5! The law society in all their wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 effinnblindin

Going on past experience there is nothing official about it. You hear stories of people passing attempting 3 questions and hear of others failing having done 5! The law society in all their wonder!

I like hearing that! I only answered 4 questions and some of what I wrote was very mediocre. Is it possible it pass with only answering around 3 to 3.5 questions to a decent standard? This was my first FE1 and I feel defeated already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Iceman101

I saw a sample marking scheme before where it shows exactly how many marks are allocated for each part of an answer but I can't find it, just wondering if anyone has one

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody has a summary of the Microsft v Commission case they wouldn't mind sending me. I want to do the EU Case Note Q but I only getting around to writing the case notes now. I will be covering 13 cases, hopefully. However, I'm finding it impossible to summarize Microsoft v Commission for some reason. I am hoping to cover 4 cases a day to have them all done for Wednesday. Thanks in advance.

If i can be any help with notes for other EU topics, please just ask.

Also, how do people feel about Equality? I wanted to cover it but will have to leave it out now as I've ran out of time. Is it quick to cover? Due an appearance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrsl15

Quick question if you guys don't mind; do the timetables follow the same subject pattern every year: Tort, then Company etc.?

I did Company on Thursday but I'm feeling worse about it the more I think about it. I'm on my first three with Equity and EU (:/) still to go so I'm considering just skipping them until March and I'm trying to figure out what other ones to do with them. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

mrsl15 wrote: »
    Quick question if you guys don't mind; do the timetables follow the same subject pattern every year: Tort, then Company etc.?

I did Company on Thursday but I'm feeling worse about it the more I think about it. I'm on my first three with Equity and EU (:/) still to go so I'm considering just skipping them until March and I'm trying to figure out what other ones to do with them. Thank you!

No they don't. I'm sitting the same subjects as I did in March (no magic 3 for me!) and last time it was Company, Tort, Equity and Property with breaks between the last two. I think Criminal was the first exam that time. The timetable should be out with the results though so you could decide then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrsl15

No they don't. I'm sitting the same subjects as I did in March (no magic 3 for me!) and last time it was Company, Tort, Equity and Property with breaks between the last two. I think Criminal was the first exam that time. The timetable should be out with the results though so you could decide then?

Thank you! Hope they're going okay for you this time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missindigo123

Don't mean to sound preachy but you should do the other three this time even if it's just a half attempt. Pick even five topics and cram. The first time I did mine I had two done, land was my second and I went home sobbing because I was convinced I failed! I got 67% in that exam and of I hadn't have gone in I wouldn't have had my three!! These exams are so hard to gauge, they are about the equivalent of filling out a lotto slip, you really just don't know! Also, I know you only need three now but I honestly would recommend doing the four because it allows you room for one really bad paper!!
    For equity, know your injunctions and you have one really good practically guaranteed question to start!! And EU, it's a new examiner so definitely give it a go!!!! Could be an easy marker! And if they don't go your way, well no harm done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coco97

I know it's really tough when things don't go well for the first one, esp on your first time. Happened me with criminal in March, I was gutted after it. But if you have anything done at all for the next two I'd really recommend that you push ahead with them. It's only a few more days and could save you a few months in the long run and if not at least you won't regret trying. We're all on the final stretch now luckily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

I am so worried it will be like the paper in March and I won't have a clue what he is asking again. I read his questions and some of them I don't even know what area of EU they are !!

Hopefully it will be an easier paper after all the complaints about the March paper. New internal examiner too...so hopefully they might go easy on us the first time around!!! Good luck!

• Advertisement

Anyone else finding it nearly impossible to bring yourself to sit down and study??

Anyone else finding it nearly impossible to bring yourself to sit down and study??

Yes. Yesterday, I had big plans to plough through loads of stuff. Motivation was at rock-bottom and got hardly anything done... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

lawgirl23 wrote:
    Hopefully it will be an easier paper after all the complaints about the March paper. New internal examiner too...so hopefully they might go easy on us the first time around!!! Good luck!

Hi guys what happened with the first eu March paper???

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Sitting here with all the materials in front of me but just can't get into it Company and Property took a lot out of me! What's up next for everyone, I'm Constitutional on Thursday then Contract Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Sitting here with all the materials in front of me but just can't get into it Company and Property took a lot out of me! What's up next for everyone, I'm Constitutional on Thursday then Contract Friday

Withered after company
    & property, no motivation for reading notes ..... Sitting criminal, equity and contract next! Was a fantastic idea at the time but glad to be nearly half way through and not as clueless as a first timer for the ones coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

I'm the same I had great plans for this morning but couldn't claw my way out of bed. Back to back is tough. Equity and EU coming up one after the other next week too though.

I would totally never recommend ppl to do one after the other. I'm exhausted from it during the week and can't shake the tiredness or get any motivation for my next 2 in a row

Figsy32 wrote: »
    I'm the same I had great plans for this morning but couldn't claw my way out of bed. Back to back is tough. Equity and EU coming up one after the other next week too though.

Had Company on Thursday and my other three are Criminal, Equity and EU all in a row, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

coco97 wrote: »
    I would totally never recommend ppl to do one after the other. I'm exhausted from it during the week and can't shake the tiredness or get any motivation for my next 2 in a row

Yeah I completely underestimated it. Left myself way too much to do for property.

"If your going through hell, keep going" springs to mind about now. No point in stopping having come this far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Had Company on Thursday and my other three are Criminal, Equity and EU all in a row, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. :(

Morning all,

I completely understand how everyone feels, I had my first exam of this round yesterday and finding it tough to commit to Equity.

However, I sat my first four in March with three back to back and I passed all four. It is achievable and honestly sometimes it's better when the pressure is on. It will stand to anyone who can push on through 3 in a row.

I'm trying to think of it this way; it's all over this time next week. Heads down for another week, it's not the worse thing given most of us have been working all summer!

#toopositiveonadrearySaturday 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Does anyone know anything about the new internal examiner for EU? Dr Caoimhin MacMaolain

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

God I really haven't a clue what to study for EU especially with the new examiner.

Iv a feeling equality will come up but I haven't ever looked at it so will probably leave it out now.

Also...would it be possible that the case note qs might not appear with a new examiner?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Iceman101

I think after what happened last term that eu SHOULD be fairly straight forward in relation to following the pattern seen in previous exams. I can't see them leaving out the case note q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Does anyone know anything about the new internal examiner for EU? Dr Caoimhin MacMaolain

Had him for three modules in Trinity. Would be regarded as one of the easiest markers in the Law School there. The Food Law module in final year often becomes oversubscribed as it's usually a guaranteed high 2.1 at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

Does anybody have any idea as to what the pass rates are like for the different subjects? Have heard that Property can be up to 80%, Equity to 90% while others can be down around the 50% mark?

Serious case of looking for hope down as many avenues as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FEfun

Hey guys can I ask what everyone is doing for Constitutional this week ?

Also what are people thinking about the marriage referendum for the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

Hi guys,

Really thinking already I'm doomed for equity on Tuesday!! Trying to narrow down now.. Thinking of covering all equitable remedies, express trusts, charitable trusts, and trustees? Maybe Mortis causa and quistclose in bullet point form.. Would I be covered with these do ye think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missindigo123

Can anyone shed some light on this please!!!!
    I'm doing a question on SP and contracts for personal service.
    So for this, I would have assumed the answer would be:
    A sentence or two about what SP is..
    Paragraph on the courts reluctance to grant SP in cases requiring supervision and then conclude the essay talking about the likes of Lumney v Wagner / Warner Brothers v Nelson and Giles v Morris and how the courts are more likely to enforce a negative obligation that a positive one etc etc.

However the Griffith College sample answer doesnt mention any cases like Lumeny and instead talks about the cases where tenants required their landlords to hire porters!

• Advertisement

Just wondering what is the examiner for constitutional like marking wise? The examiner reports are pretty scant.

Also for the case note q, I'm not preparing for it for eu or constitutional but I've a feeling I'll have to attempt it in one or both. How long would your note need to be realistically per case? Appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement