Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Just back in the hotel for the 2nd week. The heat in the rooms is crazy.

Feeling more prepared for Equity than I did for Property and Company. Doing:

Injunctions
    Purpose Trusts
    Recission
    Express trusts
    Estoppel
    Specific Performance
    Trustees
    Different bits for the 2 of 3 question.

Gonna try and have some idea of Advancement/Quistclose so if the worst happens I can bluff something but I think that should be okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

I don't like the look of this at all at all...

I also think Strong v Bird is due, they seem to like that a lot and it didn't come in March. Potentially Charitable Trusts but we've had that the past 3 sittings and it has never been more than three times in a row without a break since April 2007!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tyler Durdenn

I think I can speak for everyone else that is nailing their colours to Interlocutory injunctions by asking...

Could anyone give a summary of bullet points about

i) Marevas
    ii) Anton Pillers
    iii) Quia Timet

No time for cases, the raw basics concepts will just have to do.

Many thanks in advance to any knowledgeable soul who can!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Both Anton Pillar and Quia Timet due, although Mareva was repeated in Oct 13 and Mar 14. Undue Influence a regular as is trusteeship. Cy-Pres and Purpose Trusts both due too, as is satisfaction and Ouistclose...

Christ sorry I asked now! Hahaha!! Ok long night ahead pour moi! Back to the drawing board whilst overheating in the hotel room!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Which hotel is everyone complaining about the heat? Heading up tomo to the horrible IBIS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 PorthawGlen

Which hotel is everyone complaining about the heat? Heading up tomo to the horrible IBIS.

The Red Cow is like a sauna anyway! Stayed here the whole weekend which was a big mistake. Mental health is hanging by a thread as this stage and still have 3 exams left.

Red Cow, it's roasting & air con like a tractor pulling a trailer of elephants plus I'm convinced its hot air!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

For eu does this look ok :
    Fundamental rights
    Supremacy/direct effect
    Art 263
    Art 267
    Member state liability
    Fmog
    Foe
    Art 101 and 102
    State aid
    I can also just about do citizenship and Ftps
    I'd be ok too with the casenote

There's just so much :( had a meltdown yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

vickyplumx wrote: »
    For eu does this look ok :
    Fundamental rights
    Supremacy/direct effect
    Art 263
    Art 267
    Member state liability
    Fmog
    Foe
    Art 101 and 102
    State aid
    I can also just about do citizenship and Ftps
    I'd be ok too with the casenote

There's just so much :( had a meltdown yesterday evening

Think of us poor souls who have to learn all that but also have equity tomorrow to do first! :(

Ps. That's pretty much what I'm gonna do but maybe have a bit about the parliament and that q1 question that comes up sometimes about conferral et al that comes up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Figsy32 wrote: »
    Think of us poor souls who have to learn all that but also have equity tomorrow to do first! :(

Ps. That's pretty much what I'm gonna do but maybe have a bit about the parliament and that q1 question that comes up sometimes about conferral et al that comes up a bit!

Oh God best of luck with equity! I'm sure you'll do fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 coco97

Everyone with equity can I please ask, how many cases are you learning for each essay! I know this is hard to say with variation but mine are all around 10 ~15 cases and I'm panicking that I won't remember more than 6?! Please answer!

I'm not doing equity but in general i've heard that about 6 cases is enough. As in you need time to actually deal with the question too in an essay and if it's a problem to give your advice and you only have about 30 mins to do all that so I'd say about 6 is plenty but i'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FEfun

Could anyone tell me where in the city manual is Judicial Review ? I literally think I've gone front to back in the Constitutional manual and cannot see it anywhere ? Wondering if they left it out or how I have missed it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

FEfun wrote:
    Could anyone tell me where in the city manual is Judicial Review ? I literally think I've gone front to back in the Constitutional manual and cannot see it anywhere ? Wondering if they left it out or how I have missed it ?

It could be under presumption of constitutionality ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FEfun

It doesn't seem to be anywhere ! I don't even have a chapter in the manual on presumption of constitutionality ! Would anyone have any suggestion on where I could get a quick overview of JR, have like everything else done and really don't want to go in uncovered for such a big area ! City don't even have it in their night before notes !

Hope that equity examiner likes mud cause i just threw plenty. No estoppel or Specific performance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

Any idea as to how tough a marker the equity examiner is? Could only answer 3 and a half questions, with a feeble attempt at a 5th? Only doing my first three so can't afford a fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lawexe2012

How did everyone find equity?I got five questions answered so happy about that two answered well two answered okayish and one answered in bullet points!

What is everyone covering for contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Raging! I circled the question on Undue Influence because I meant to answer it and then I overlooked it and didn't answer it.

Question 1 on trustee duties - it mentioned about duty not to make profit and duty not to put yourself in a position of conflict and then asked did the quote represent the position in Irish law. I said that it represented the position in relation to SOME of the duties of a trustee but not all of them, and then I talked about all the other duties. Classic example of not answering what the question asked.

**** IT - I could have answered the Undue Influence one!!

Did a pear shaped answer on the charitable trusts question because I couldn't remember anything in relation to sport.

Did a semi dodgy one on resulting trusts.

Did a great one on Injunctions.

Did an okay one on the three certainties.

Just like property and criminal this one hangs in the balance for me. I definitely think all my exams so far have been somewhere between 47 - 53%, but if I have learned anything from this thread, it's that the results are often completely surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I need a few hours away from study at this stage - off to the cinema with me to watch The Martian - yee-haw

Hope that equity examiner likes mud cause i just threw plenty. No estoppel or Specific performance!!

Wrote 21 pages of utter tripe myself was thrown by the paper all my study learning injunctions and crap was spat out in the paper regardless of the question! She may think I've some learning disability & feel sorry for me and pass me 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Tyler Durdenn

That was a fair paper in my opinion. Only EU still left to do... Could be worse, or could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 codoherty16

Hey all

So after sitting a very very dodgy company paper and an okay criminal one I have decided that I need to attempt EU. Was only originally planning on doing three (contract on Friday) but as it's my first sitting I need to pass three and I'm pretty sure company was a no runner from last week.

On top of all this fun I am dying with the flu and really can only learn the bare minimum for EU, I know that's pretty impossible but I'm going to give it a go. Just wondering what people's opinions are on what topics would be my best bet to learn this afternoon? So far I was thinking of:

Supremacy
    Direct Effect
    Fundamental Rights
    Competition (ART 101 and 102)
    Equality
    Free Movement of Capital
    Free Movement of Workers
    Free Movement of Goods

Someone please help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Iceman101

Hey all

So after sitting a very very dodgy company paper and an okay criminal one I have decided that I need to attempt EU. Was only originally planning on doing three (contract on Friday) but as it's my first sitting I need to pass three and I'm pretty sure company was a no runner from last week.

On top of all this fun I am dying with the flu and really can only learn the bare minimum for EU, I know that's pretty impossible but I'm going to give it a go. Just wondering what people's opinions are on what topics would be my best bet to learn this afternoon? So far I was thinking of:

Supremacy
    Direct Effect
    Fundamental Rights
    Competition (ART 101 and 102)
    Equality
    Free Movement of Capital
    Free Movement of Workers
    Free Movement of Goods

Someone please help :(

Do the case notes question too, id also throw in jr and prelim ref

• Registered Users Posts: 7 codoherty16

Iceman101 wrote: »
    Do the case notes question too, id also throw in jr and prelim ref

Great will do that and hope for a miracle! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Iceman101

Now is no time to be laughing at the word "annulled"

For the love of God will someone stop the clocks!! Why is the day flying by. So much to do so little time!! I HATE EU.

For the love of God will someone stop the clocks!! Why is the day flying by. So much to do so little time!! I HATE EU.

I've heard stories about people sitting all 8 exams in one go and passing them. I have no idea how this is possible with the time limits! I guess it's true, some hero's don't wear capes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

I've heard stories about people sitting all 8 exams in one go and passing them. I have no idea how this is possible with the time limits! I guess it's true, some hero's don't wear capes!!

I was told that when I started "These exams are not difficult. I sat all 8 in one go with like 1 month's study". Who are these people and who did they pay money to?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coco97

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    I was told that when I started "These exams are not difficult. I sat all 8 in one go with like 1 month's study". Who are these people and who did they pay money to?!

I'd happily pay a Mike Ross if I could find one, or maybe I watch too much suits :-P

Also I'm amazed that people actually do masters and PhDs in Eu whyyyyyyy

• Advertisement

Hmmm stories!! Or maybe more time than the rest of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement