Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PorthawGlen

coco97 wrote: »
    I'd happily pay a Mike Ross if I could find one, or maybe I watch too much suits :-P

Also I'm amazed that people actually do masters and PhDs in Eu whyyyyyyy

The thought actually crossed my mind today in equity. She took my signature and didn't even look for ID I could've been anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

The thought actually crossed my mind today in equity. She took my signature and didn't even look for ID I could've been anybody!

The same applies with going to the bathroom - nothing stopping you heading into a cubicle and whipping out a phone and googling to your hearts content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

The same applies with going to the bathroom - nothing stopping you heading into a cubicle and whipping out a phone and googling to your hearts content

Except how quick you can Google and how long you spend in a toilet!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Christy_C

I've a few topics left in contract to do notes for. At this stage would it better just to read the chapter, learn it and do questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Christy_C wrote: »
    I've a few topics left in contract to do notes for. At this stage would it better just to read the chapter, learn it and do questions?

Depends on how you learn I guess! Would you learn it quicker with notes or would it just be writing for the sake of writing with nothing actually going into your head?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missindigo123

Constitutional, cant cope!!!!Did loads of study for it but havent looked at it till for like a week - I remember NOTHING! Cant even! Any hints / tips or people looking to make a few bob? I'm thinking 50 an hour to sit the exam for me ha!

Can't deal with EU law. Too much in way too short a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

If any of ye see a girl clutching at straws writing word for word from the treaty it will be me. I attempted this last march with 1 day study and got 44. I studied an insane amount for equity and only got 51. It simply does not make sense. That is the only reason Im bothering to go in tomorrow. If a nice case note q with van gend, kobler, facini dori, air tours comes up ( should be able to scrape a few sentences together) then prelim ref…court v tribunal q, standard prob q on direct effect and then copy from the treaty for anything on institutions or competition…. might actually be able to get 50. It shouldn't happen but it quite possibly could.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Figsy32 wrote: »

My brain is literally melting.

I hear ya…I am on a bus on the way up to Dublin WITH NO LIGHTS ON IT TO STUDY! Really wondering if there is any point of me going in. I could jus get cracking on contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

I've just dissolved 2 berrocca boosts ! We can do this!

lawbear wrote: »
    If any of ye see a girl clutching at straws writing word for word from the treaty it will be me. I attempted this last march with 1 day study and got 44. I studied an insane amount for equity and only got 51. It simply does not make sense. That is the only reason Im bothering to go in tomorrow. If a nice case note q with van gend, kobler, facini dori, air tours comes up ( should be able to scrape a few sentences together) then prelim ref…court v tribunal q, standard prob q on direct effect and then copy from the treaty for anything on institutions or competition…. might actually be able to get 50. It shouldn't happen but it quite possibly could.

I worked my butt off for Constitutional and came out of the exam thinking I could write thesis' on it and got 50 on the button! Then I attempted 3 half arsed questions in Equity and scribbled down blubber for the other two and came out with 52. these exams cray!! A pass is a pass like and obviously I was delighted regardless but it just goes to show how unpredictable they are!

Can anyone explain pringle as if they were explaining it to a child?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Is it too much to hope that coz its his first exam we will get a "Please tell me everything you know about..."

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Is it too much to hope that coz its his first exam we will get a "Please tell me everything you know about..."

Question 1- Spell Preliminary Reference Procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Iceman101

Now I have EU in the morning but the plaza hotel nightclub down the road in tallaght has 2.50 drinks all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Iceman101 wrote: »
    Now I have EU in the morning but the plaza hotel nightclub down the road in tallaght has 2.50 drinks all night.

Lol you can sleep on my sofa so 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

On the subject of drinks and sleeping on couches, I'm surprised this thread doesn't turn into a variation on tinder with all these stressed heads staying in the same hotels...

"Swipe right for consolatory spooning and chill, swipe left for sticking with the books"

On the subject of drinks and sleeping on couches, I'm surprised this thread doesn't turn into a variation on tinder with all these stressed heads staying in the same hotels...

"Swipe right for consolatory spooning and chill, swipe left for sticking with the books"
    It's early yet

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭neesie_85

It's getting to the point where I just want to say feck it!!! I really hate eu law!

This time tomorrow I hopefully won't be drowning my sorrows.. Fingers crossedy brain doesn't have a melt down tomorrow.

So much info to learn!!!

• Advertisement

I'm the same, sitting 5 this time , have 3 in the bag, very confident about contract but eu is just mind bendingly boring

Yeah at least the other subjects had something you could find interesting like criminal law had. EU is just boring an very hard to learn.

Am off to do a bit before sleep wins out
    Good luck to those doing EU tomorrow!!!

Let's hope it's nicer than the last paper!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

I have drank three shots of energy express, drank buckets of coffee and I could still curl up on the dirty chair in my hotel room and sleep. I am going to put EU law on a cd and sell it as a sleep therapy, probably make more money than becoming a solicitor.

what time are people studying until?

what time are people studying until?

About 2 I think? Might get up at 7 then. :(

About 2 I think? Might get up at 7 then. :(

same, Im starting to wilt already though. just getting my head around competition now :/ probably the least prepared I have ever been for an exam going into this in the morning:(:eek:

same, Im starting to wilt already though. just getting my head around competition now :/ probably the least prepared I have ever been for an exam going into this in the morning:(:eek:

I'm going to sleep and resetting the alarm for 6! Too tired and there's nothing sticking in my head!

I'm going to sleep and resetting the alarm for 6! Too tired and there's nothing sticking in my head!

ye my eyes are closing now reading about concerted practices and decisions. I am going to do 15 minutes more and to hell with it after that. We can all take comfort in the fact that we still have the March sitting before blackhall so not under THAT kind of pressure at least. God I am dreading this though. Best of luck everyone:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Does anyone have an examiner's report for the last sitting of contract or the sitting before (or is such a thing in existence)?

I am considering studying damages, but it has been on the last three papers so I am wondering if it will be left off this years paper. I thought it might make it easier to judge if I could look at the examiners report because if she said it was poorly answered by the majority I would be slightly more inclined to think that she would put in on the paper for the forth consecutive time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement