Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Finally onto the 5th and final one for this sitting... Is it essential to bring the Sale of Goods Act in or will one survive without it? Forgot to leave it in for checking Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭vid36

Finally onto the 5th and final one for this sitting... Is it essential to bring the Sale of Goods Act in or will one survive without it? Forgot to leave it in for checking Tuesday

I passed Contact without it but it is still useful to have. Maybe you should go there early and hand it in on the day just in case.

vid36 wrote: »
    I passed Contact without it but it is still useful to have. Maybe you should go there early and hand it in on the day just in case.

I'm staying in the red cow so will hand it in, was just wondering really was it of any use for this particular exam or just a security blanket! I definitely needed it in company & property for pulling a 5th question

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

Well that's me for this round, thanks to everyone for the help and advice over the last month or so, but most importantly thank you for the encouragement! Nice to see there's plenty of us in the same boat. Best of luck to everyone over the next two days, you're almost there!

Until next time folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

did not do a thing for contract today, where did the day go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missindigo123

Hi All, Can anyone clarify Meadows and the test for a judicial review?

I it just that you can apply for a JR to review the circumstances upon which a decision was made, the JR does not review the decision but makes sure that fair proceedures are followed.

Then in Meadows, the Court emphasised that the board or body must give reasons for their decision in order to enable to other person to bring a JR

• Registered Users Posts: 7 codoherty16

Hey guys, in preparation for the last one (yay! :) ) I was thinking of just covering this for contract?

Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Intention, Certainty and Formal Requirements
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Exclusion Clauses
    Undue Influence
    Duress
    Remedies

Anyone have any opinions on that or is doing the same? Nearly there now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Soooo tired today.

Just up and hoping it's possible to learn contract in a day!

Yesterday was a write off after EU!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SleepvDenning

I would definitely add Terms to your list (e.g. rep v warranty, implied terms, etc). Looking at old papers, that's actually the most frequently incorporated topic in both the essay and problem questions.

Also, the legislation comes up quite often.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

I would definitely add Terms to your list (e.g. rep v warranty, implied terms, etc). Looking at old papers, that's actually the most frequently incorporated topic in both the essay and problem questions.

Also, the legislation comes up quite often.

I'd second that but more importantly that's a fantastic username.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 stilk08

Hey guys, in preparation for the last one (yay! :) ) I was thinking of just covering this for contract?

Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Intention, Certainty and Formal Requirements
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Exclusion Clauses
    Undue Influence
    Duress
    Remedies

Anyone have any opinions on that or is doing the same? Nearly there now!!

Yeah I'm doing this plus terms, which is handy enough. I was thinking of flicking through the illegality/frustration stuff in the manual mostly so if i did come up in a problem I'd spot it and know to avoid that qs!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

What came up in Const today? How as the paper?

what are people thinking on capacity? its due to come up….kids entering contracts…not a bad question

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Know it's a long shot but would anybody have a spare copy of the legislation for tomorrow? Managed to leave mine in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Raquel123

Hi Raquel,

I'm in the same boat but honestly, don't put more pressure on yourself than absolutely necessary. I'm on my second set and decided to only take three in this round. ( The prospect of Constitutional and EU in one sitting was too horrendous)

Take your time, start with 3/4 that you feel will settle you in.

As far revision courses, I completely agree with other contributor's advice. They're more fe1 focused and will get you over the line. Hoping Independent College is second time lucky for me!

Best of luck whatever you decide!

Hi, thanks for replying, you an everyone else.

I have taken all advice on board & conidering everything, I really want to be in Blackhall by September. I'm dying d boredom at home & really need some direction. If I sit all 8 after being well prepared there is a good chance I can pass them all. I got on well in my degree & I just need to apply myself.

In saying that, if it's too much stress for me I'm going to focus on doing 5. As hard as it is to swallow, my parents are just gonna have to accept it. :/ I feel bad but it is what it is.

In saying that, I'm off to go study. Thank you everyone for the advice. Health comes first, & I won't be killing myself to do all 8... But I may end up drawing blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

EthanSS wrote: »
    What came up in Const today? How as the paper?

Can I just say that I loved the Constitutional paper! I feel like the gods were listening and gave me what I wanted!! Interpretation, freedom of expression for press, delegation/admin of justice/Art 26, opinion on Fleming case and challenging trial and conviction!!

Hey guys, if anybody is looking for manuals and materials for March I am selling 2015 griffith manuals for constitutional, EU, Contract and Tort, 25 Euro each :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

lawbear wrote: »
    Hey guys, if anybody is looking for manuals and materials for March I am selling 2015 griffith manuals for constitutional, EU, Contract and Tort, 25 Euro each :D

I'm liking the confidence, but you can't sell stuff here.

Tis very hard to revise contract when the match is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PorthawGlen

My brain is torn between f**k it it's the last exam keep my head down and power on and f**k it it's the last exam i couldn't care less about contract..

• Advertisement

I'd normally rather watch paint dry than watch this match, but this evening it's very tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Iceman101

That wedding at the back of the hotel is only gonna get louder as the night goes on :(

Iceman101 wrote: »
    That wedding at the back of the hotel is only gonna get louder as the night goes on :(

Just turn the air con up full, the noise from that can drown out anything!

I'll drop dead from exposure with the slightest increase of heat in this room.

I should have mentioned that the "cold air" coming from my aircon is the same as when you open the oven and put your head down without letting the heat fully escape. It's like that only hotter.

I should have mentioned that the "cold air" coming from my aircon is the same as when you open the oven and put your head down without letting the heat fully escape. It's like that only hotter.

Mines the same. I rang down to reception a few days ago asking was there something i wasn't doing right, she told me it can take a few minutes for the temperature to regulate..it's been 10 days now and am still wanting for it to regulate!!!!!

I'm convinced I've gotten a tan over the past week from the air con! It's like living in a furnace with a persistent 1980's style central heating harmonious thumping background noise....

I have no excuse - I just have no more motivation or will power left to buckle down :,(

For Consideration, the Independent manual has Williams v Roffey Bros under the Rule in Pinnel's Case. Surely it's more an exception to the rule against performance of an already existing contractual duty? Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

For Consideration, the Independent manual has Williams v Roffey Bros under the Rule in Pinnel's Case. Surely it's more an exception to the rule against performance of an already existing contractual duty? Or am I missing something?

It's an exception to the rule in Pinnels case where no fresh consideration has passed they deemed the benefit of being assured the work would be done as consideration. That's what i got from it anyway..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement