Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭neesie_85

I wish it was Friday already!

Hopefully it will be a feeling of relief rather than 'ah ****!'

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

oraghabd wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea about pass rates or anything? Did constitutional, prop, equity and tort.

As far as I know, the Law Soc don't provide that sort of info.
    From what I've heard though, Property pass rates are high once you make some sort of effort & answer the question asked.

Equity too, although I had the extern as my lecturer from undergrad and found some much work was needed to get a decent grade.
    (Although 50% is all most of us really want for these wretched exams.)

Tort can be a hard one to gauge but having said that, I passed that on my first go in March.

Constitutional tends to be the trickiest to figure out, especially with those sparse exam reports.

Hope thats of some help..

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Anyone any idea how the company examiner is? Is he a strict marker or fair?

And constitutional if you attempt all five questions ..two ok

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Oh god sick with the nerves! Sat 5 exams hoping to get the magic 3.... More i think about the answers I wrote they were 25 essays of dribble! Here's hoping they make 50 for creativity! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SleepvDenning

As far as I know, the Law Soc don't provide that sort of info.
    From what I've heard though, Property pass rates are high once you make some sort of effort & answer the question asked.

Equity too, although I had the extern as my lecturer from undergrad and found some much work was needed to get a decent grade.
    (Although 50% is all most of us really want for these wretched exams.)

Tort can be a hard one to gauge but having said that, I passed that on my first go in March.

Constitutional tends to be the trickiest to figure out, especially with those sparse exam reports.

Hope thats of some help..

I don't think the Law Society publishes the pass rates but I've seen pass rates described in the general comments section of the examiner's reports. However, all of the examiner's don't offer general comments, nor do those that offer general comments always provide pass rates. The Company examiner's reports almost always disclose the pass rates.

Mar 10: 30%
    Oct-10: Not disclosed
    Mar-11: 50%
    Oct-11: 52%
    Mar-12: 58%
    Oct-12: 40%
    Oct-13: 60%
    Mar-14: 78%
    Apr-14: 52%
    Sep-14: Not disclosed
    Mar-15: Not disclosed
    Sep-15: Praying for a repeat of Mar 14

• Advertisement

I don't think the Law Society publishes the pass rates but I've seen pass rates described in the general comments section of the examiner's reports. However, all of the examiner's don't offer general comments, nor do those that offer general comments always provide pass rates. The Company examiner's reports almost always disclose the pass rates.

Mar 10: 30%
    Oct-10: Not disclosed
    Mar-11: 50%
    Oct-11: 52%
    Mar-12: 58%
    Oct-12: 40%
    Oct-13: 60%
    Mar-14: 78%
    Apr-14: 52%
    Sep-14: Not disclosed
    Mar-15: Not disclosed
    Sep-15: Praying for a repeat of Mar 14

Cheers, thats what I was trying to convey in the subjects mentioned.

I wasn't aware of Company so I guess you learn something new every day! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Looking for some opinions.

I'm going to be having brain surgery sometime in the next two weeks and I'm trying to work out what to do about the exams. Recovery is expected to take 2/3 months at the min so I'm prob only looking at a possibility of 6 weeks study time. Based on the (unlikely) chance that I pass all the exams that I did in the last sitting, do you think that it's worth trying to sit two exams in March, maybe Const and Criminal, or am I just asking for a fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Iceman101

Good luck in the morning everyone. Take strength if they don't go according to plan and make sure you figure out where you went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sdl13

lawsociety.ie/Documents/education/FE-1/FE1_application-form.pdf

Timetable for next set...very disappointing law soc haven't allowed the days off in between exams for these sittings

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

They're quite early in the month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 sophiehatter

They're quite early in the month!

Yeah a lot earlier than I thought they'd be. 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sdl13

Two weeks study lost even before we start back into it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 effinnblindin

I'm very annoyed about how early the exams are. What are the chances of the dates changing? Is it set in stone now? And not having a day off between each exam is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

I'm very annoyed about how early the exams are. What are the chances of the dates changing? Is it set in stone now? And not having a day off between each exam is ridiculous.

Yeah, any chance of changing those dates? I'm in the independent colleges and I got the impression they thought it'd be a couple weeks later. Don't think the course ends till then.

Might send a moany email to the law society anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Does anyone know if they have ever been this early before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Surely it puts us at a disadvantage?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

I can't see the dates for the next sitting, can someone post up the dates pretty please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

I can't see the dates for the next sitting, can someone post up the dates pretty please!

Wed March 2nd to the 11th

They're out!! :):D

passed thank god! all eight done now just have to get a training contract....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Got three, so now have 6/8.

Really annoyed with Company. It was not a good exam, as I'd just been informed of the death of a family member, but it was not as bad as the result I'm seeing here! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

how did everyone get on in Constitutional Law?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Yes bang on 50 in EU. No more F****** FE1. Oh my God it's unreal. Blackhall here I come!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kd2121

Would 46%in property be worth a recheck?

If you feel you did better i would get it rechecked especially if it is in 30-40 percentage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

kd2121 wrote: »
    Would 46%in property be worth a recheck?

Yeah, I think so. They usually say anything over 45%. Some people would check anything over 40!

Ok, so my head wasn't in the best place during it, but I answered all five questions on the Company law exam. I gave case law. I used the Acts. I have the exam in front of me and I gave at least vaguely decent answers to all the questions. I could understand if I still failed it based on that, but how the hell did I get 14%?! I've gotten that in an exam that I left after an hour, having answered 1.5 questions ridiculously badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

dandadub wrote: »

44%. Passed the other 3.

Is 44% worth a punt on the rechecks?

Yeah, I think so. They usually say anything over 45%. Some people would check anything over 40!

Ok, so my head wasn't in the best place during it, but I answered all five questions on the Company law exam. I gave case law. I used the Acts. I have the exam in front of me and I gave at least vaguely decent answers to all the questions. I could understand if I still failed it based on that, but how the hell did I get 14%?! I've gotten that in an exam that I left after an hour, having answered 1.5 questions ridiculously badly.

Company was one of the ones I got rechecked last time and if you answered five questions and knew at least something about each of them you should have gotten more than that!

I got 33% and got it rechecked and passed went up to 52%.
    Was delighted and a little pissed since how could they they have managed to miss out on 19% worth of marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

dandadub wrote: »

58!

Im so delighted, passed all four. Had convinced myself I would be resitting all again in March so took a while for it to sink in!!

Re the early dates, I expected it - my theory was that March next year has an insanely early Easter, falling I think just within a week of St Patrick's Day and I just assumed that this would have a bearing on it.

Well done to everyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

First sitting sat 5. Only passed property with 62. Got 32 in both contract & criminal , honestly felt these were my best exams.... Answered 5 full questions in all papers. Is it too low & pointless to request a recheck? Plus 21 in company is a bit if a joke considering all questions were answered fairly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement