Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

dandadub wrote:
    how did everyone get on in Constitutional Law?

50 on the button! Thank God I'll never have to look at that again

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Guys these exams are bizarre!!!

I was convinced I had failed Company- CONVINCED. Had world's worst mental block throughout it, didn't have the Act in with me ,word vomited everywhere and left the exam hall 45 minutes early because there was literally nothing more that I could pull from thin air- passed on the button. Meanwhile, came out of EU skipping delighted with the paper and managed to also get 50 on the button. I know a pass is a pass but still, thought I might have made a high 50s or something in that one!

CRAZY!

6/8 done now- over the moon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Thankfully I passed the three I did, really don't know how.

Thought Contract and Company went horrifically for me but got 50 on the button in both so luck was on my side.

I know how disheartening it is for anyone who didnt get their first 3 cos I've been through it. It really is the worst feeling but it will be so much easier next time!

2 left now, probably the hardest two but at least it feels like the end is nigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

smeal wrote: »
    Guys these exams are bizarre!!!

I was convinced I had failed Company- CONVINCED. Had world's worst mental block throughout it, didn't have the Act in with me ,word vomited everywhere and left the exam hall 45 minutes early because there was literally nothing more that I could pull from thin air- passed on the button. Meanwhile, came out of EU skipping delighted with the paper and managed to also get 50 on the button. I know a pass is a pass but still, thought I might have made a high 50s or something in that one!

CRAZY!

6/8 done now- over the moon :)

Christ, the more I read about how unpredictable these results are, the more I think I might throw my 44% for constitutional in for a re-check

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kelmchugh

To all those who have passed, congratulations. To all those who were unlucky this time, keep your head up. Nearly everyone who has done the FE1s has had setbacks like these. Its all about keeping the faith and staying the course. I passed my final exam this time last year and will hopefully see everyone in Blackhall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

dandadub wrote: »
    how did everyone get on in Constitutional Law?

Passed very well, cannot believe it. Honestly thought a fail was awaiting me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

By the way, I know I'm really pre-empting the next set but theres an option to pay online on the law society website now.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Public/Become-a-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/FE-1-Exam-form/Exams/

Can't understand what that option is only becoming available now but its great for those of us who favour the debit card over postal/bank drafts..

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Past my first four!!! Can't believe I got all them was only concentrating on 3 and looked at tort the night before and I got 51!! I can't believe it. I'm afraid there is a mistake. Gonna have to start pretty much straight away for the next four now that they are on so early in March

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rockstar23

would it be worth getting a 41 in company rechecked? answered 5 questions reasonably well tough marker!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

Sat 3 got a 43 in Equity, 42 in Criminal and 57 in property. Honestly delighted with property as I really struggled with it in University.

Is it worth a recheck for Criminal and Equity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Sunshine and showers going on what youve said that sounds very unfair? I have admit I haven't checked mine I'm such a chicken ;( I was hoping reading boards I'd hear a lot of good news that the examiners were generous this year but now I'm more nervous to check!!! Did anyone pass and were surprised??

Apparently the March exams are earlier this year not to clash with Paddy's day and Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Mileyt wrote: »
    Sunshine and showers going on what youve said that sounds very unfair? I have admit I haven't checked mine I'm such a chicken ;( I was hoping reading boards I'd hear a lot of good news that the examiners were generous this year but now I'm more nervous to check!!! Did anyone pass and were surprised??

I thought so too. :( I mean, I've looked at the paper and I've cases and everything written on it. I don't mind if I failed it, but 14 just feels wrong. I wrote enough that even if I failed all five answers, I should have at least gotten more than 3% per answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SleepvDenning

How long do rechecks take?

How long do rechecks take?

Think it said 16/1.

Random question but if people have a contract with a firm, would it generally be good practice to email them maybe to let them know how the fe1s went or on exam progress?

Not sure whether to do so.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

dashdoll wrote: »
    Random question but if people have a contract with a firm, would it generally be good practice to email them maybe to let them know how the fe1s went or on exam progress?

Not sure whether to do so.

Thanks.

Yeah. Mine asks to be called within a week with an update.

Thanks, I might send an email to them so on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Last four passed for me, Constitutional by the skin of the teeth. (:

Well done to everyone who attempted, it is a tough aul slog. Don't give up. Remember - if the Carlowbruiser can do it, anyone can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Company and eu passed thank God ! Was not one bit confident!!!!! Only constitutional left now :) congratulations gang! Chin up those who are disappointed. I've been there x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FEWan2015

Hey could anyone post the link to the thread to sell manuals? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Legaleagle1991

47 in constitutional. Is it worth appealing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

FEWan2015 wrote:
    Hey could anyone post the link to the thread to sell manuals? Thanks!

Don't think you're allowed to sell on here. Adverts.ie is your best hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

Hi guys..

46..worth an appeal yes? Even though it only leaves 6 weeks knowing for definite what ones your taking..

And just as an aside, what would you guys recommend as an "easier" exam to pass, criminal or tort? Haven't a whole pile of knowledge on either as haven't studied them in a few years..

Thanks in Advance for all your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sophiehatter

Hi guys..

46..worth an appeal yes? Even though it only leaves 6 weeks knowing for definite what ones your taking..

And just as an aside, what would you guys recommend as an "easier" exam to pass, criminal or tort? Haven't a whole pile of knowledge on either as haven't studied them in a few years..

Thanks in Advance for all your help!

Think criminal is definitely "easier". Tort is a lot longer and more unpredictable and you really need to keep up to date with cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coco97

47 in constitutional. Is it worth appealing?

I've no experience with getting it rechecked but I think rechecks are so worth it if they potentially save you sitting them again. I know they're expensive but it could save you a lot of time studying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Talk about squeaky bum time
    50 in contract
    50 in criminal
    51 in equity
    59 in property

I am honestly overjoyed, and yet i was so close to failing three of them.

There is such a fine margin sometimes between success and failure :O

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Have the dates and timetable for the next sitting been announced? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coco97

thestar wrote: »
    Have the dates and timetable for the next sitting been announced? Thanks

They're on the application form which is on the law society website. It's not allowing me to post the link but it's early March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 SleepvDenning

coco97 wrote: »
    They're on the application form which is on the law society website. It's not allowing me to post the link but it's early March

Someone posted the link earlier and I put the dates on my calendar.

2/3 Criminal
    3/3 Company
    4/3 Tort

7/3 Equity
    8/3 Constitution
    9/3 Contract
    10/3 Property
    11/3 EU

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement