Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Observation of the day.....the independent colleges constitutional manual is atrociously written. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

dashdoll wrote: »
    Observation of the day.....the independent colleges constitutional manual is atrociously written. FML.

It's brutal. Pretty sure some of it is edited wrong and certain paragraphs are in the wrong place too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ballyboy9009

Independent EU manual also atrociously written.

Actually disgraceful the amount they are charging and can't even produce a coherent manual. Still watching the lectures at the moment for Constitutional and can't say I'm finding it very easy to follow compared to other subject either. Hopefully it will improve.

Actually disgraceful the amount they are charging and can't even produce a coherent manual. Still watching the lectures at the moment for Constitutional and can't say I'm finding it very easy to follow compared to other subject either. Hopefully it will improve.

I'm probably just going stupid from the size of the course I'm currently going through exam papers and can't seem to find mention of the Pringles case in the manual. I presume it's in there somewhere?

• Advertisement

Figsy32 wrote: »
    I'm probably just going stupid from the size of the course I'm currently going through exam papers and can't seem to find mention of the Pringles case in the manual. I presume it's in there somewhere?

Sorry, can't help you with that yet. I'm only on Lecture 5 so haven't come across it yet! It's taking me forever to watch these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I'm not starting to panic, you're starting to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Finding tort like trudging through mud.. Keep thinking I'm finished making notes and then I think I need to learn something else! On a whim, have summed up what I am doing:

Negligence (to include nervous shock)
    Duty of Care
    Professional Negligence
    Employer's Liability
    Vicarious Liability
    Product Liability
    Defamation
    Nuisance
    Trespass to Person
    Occupier's Liability
    Defences
    Limitations of Actions
    Maaaaaybe Passing Off

Thoughts from people who have previously sat it/ are studying for it this time around? Anything else I'm majorily missing or have I enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Everything im covering anyway......

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fe1chancer

Anybody and thoughts on company am thinking of the following:
    -Separate legal personality
    -Directors
    -Borrowing
    -Corp Authority
    -Share Transfer
    -Shareholder protection
    -Restrictions
    -Single economic entity
    Hoping that enough to get me through the exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Everything im covering anyway......

Great! I kind of didn't realise how much I had covered until I was organising my notes last night but yet I was still thinking there were lots of areas I had yet to cover! I will probably decide to cut out something though nearer the time- a lot of case name learning for Tort :(

Am I crazy to leave out defamation?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any ideas of what can (possibly) be left out for Criminal and Property? For Property I'm basically working backwards from the end of the manual..apart from Treasure Trove.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tyler Durdenn

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any ideas of what can (possibly) be left out for Criminal and Property? For Property I'm basically working backwards from the end of the manual..apart from Treasure Trove.

For Criminal I left nothing out and was glad of it in the exam because any part of the course could arise in any question.

For Property, just know Succession well, on top of Adverse, Licenses, Easements and one or both of(time allowing) Co-Ownership and Family Property. Anything else is a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

So I figure if I do 10-12 hours study a day every day from now until the end I might be okay :)

Easy, lol. (not really - urg).

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Has anyone received their confirmation email re application from the Law Soc?. It said they would issue a confirmation email within 3 weeks of the closing date(22 Jan). I sent mine three days before the closing date and I've received nothing yet.

Yes, I received mine pretty much straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublad2012

Current issues for Constitutional

What are peoples thoughts on anything current or topical that might be relevant for constitutional?
    I've only been going off the manual and looking through the paper I think current issues do sometimes come up??..eeekk.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sophiehatter

I was thinking maybe Denis O'Brien and Dáil Privilege, Damache was in the news again recently, the children's referendum constitutional challenge was thrown out over the summer so that is now amended, all the marriage referendum stuff an the changes that this has to the family? oh and maybe something to do with the Oireachtas as the election is topical right now; and Art 26 cos of the International Protection Bill the president almost referred before Christmas? Probably missing loads of obvious stuff there, but that is what I was going to look over to start with anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dublad2012

I was thinking maybe Denis O'Brien and Dáil Privilege, Damache was in the news again recently, the children's referendum constitutional challenge was thrown out over the summer so that is now amended, all the marriage referendum stuff an the changes that this has to the family? oh and maybe something to do with the Oireachtas as the election is topical right now; and Art 26 cos of the International Protection Bill the president almost referred before Christmas? Probably missing loads of obvious stuff there, but that is what I was going to look over to start with anyway

Jayus you've loads there! thanks! All I managed to think of so far was Denis O' Brien cases and marriage ref, clearly need to get my head in the game!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Exam number came this morning. The excitement! :rolleyes:

Is Personal Liberty something that could be safely left out for Constitutional? Looks like it never comes up.

Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sophiehatter

Dublad2012 wrote: »
    Jayus you've loads there! thanks! All I managed to think of so far was Denis O' Brien cases and marriage ref, clearly need to get my head in the game!!

Haha, well I haven't even looked at any of that stuff properly yet, just know its there looming! Dreading constitutional soo much!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

so I have three exams left... Company, Tort and Constitutional. Have a good bit done for company and tort but have nothing done for Consitutional yet. What is the bare minimum to cover for Consitutional that would scrape you a pass? Also willing to swap company and tort materials for constitutional.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

anybody have an up to date constitutional exam grid? willing to swap with a tort/company exam grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Didi2013

Anyone care to help me understand retrospective effect in constitutional law? I am trying to understand the Grealis v DPP{2001} and Cummins v McCartan{2005} decisions. Any summary or general comments most welcomed - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Scarymary13

Thanks Tyler for the advice you gave above re: property.

Has anyone any tips for the upcoming contract exam? I am repeating so I am a bit of a wreck as I am only starting to study atm.

I do apologise if someone has gave some tips beforehand, this is my first time logged in since the site crashed as it wouldn't let me so please forgive me!

Calling out to the patron saint of procrastination - all interventions gratefully received! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Does anyone know their way around Blackstones for EU? Can't make head nor tails of it. Way too much in it to be flicking around in an exam...

Can't even figure out the book, nevermind EU itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Does anyone else fine corporate borrowing in company law complete chinese?! I feel like it should be simple but I can't understand it for the life of me...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement