Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

sophya wrote: »
    Waking up with a headcold today is just great. Made a supply run and loaded up on lemsip and orange juice. Hopefully it will pass quickly

haha ditto only mines 3 days old now keeping it at bay with manuka honey, lemon juice, boiling water....loadsa hot drinks and a vicks nasal thing! curse of the fe1s strikes again!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

Could someone tell me what kind of injunction came up in equity in march 2013?
    Thanks

sally01 wrote: »
    Could someone tell me what kind of injunction came up in equity in march 2013?
    Thanks

mandatory interlocutory injunctions as an essay question!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

Does any one have examiners' reports for EU or any 2012/2013 sample answers for EU, property, company or equity?

Will swap for other materials!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dave Freeman

Hi all, I have just done the prep course for the FE1's and have new Independant College manuals for Property, Criminal and city college manuals for Constitution, Tort, EU and Company.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to swap for other 2013 manuals.

• Advertisement

Hi all, I have just done the prep course for the FE1's and have new Independant College manuals for Property, Criminal and city college manuals for Constitution, Tort, EU and Company.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to swap for other 2013 manuals.

hey dave, sorry i dont have manuals im just wondering do you have a night before notes for company by any chance??

i do have sample answers and grids for comp, equity, constitution and tort if thats any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dave Freeman

Milkypops wrote: »
    hey dave, sorry i dont have manuals im just wondering do you have a night before notes for company by any chance??

i do have sample answers and grids for comp, equity, constitution and tort if thats any good to you?

Hi yes I have PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rickety cricket

hey, would anyone be able to tell me what either City or Independent have tipped to come up for Tort and Comp? obviously its not good to predict, but i remember hearing the Independent person can be quite accurate for Tort.
    Thanks, and good luck to everyone sitting them.

hey, would anyone be able to tell me what either City or Independent have tipped to come up for Tort and Comp? obviously its not good to predict, but i remember hearing the Independent person can be quite accurate for Tort.
    Thanks, and good luck to everyone sitting them.

i have the tort one if you want it just send me your email.....its quite good apart from the bit about professional negligence, it says its due a run but it fails to mention it came up in the last sittin, might be an oversight...

if you come across anyone with the company ones let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Any one have an exam grid for Criminal? Could swap for Equity or Property?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

May92 wrote: »
    Hey! For easements in property law, does the 2009 Act not apply to any easements until 2021 as a result of the Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2011? Did this postpone the whole reform project on easements or just the reform in relation to prescription of easements?

Not sure how relevant the 2009 act provisions are to a question on easements now and its confusing me! If anyone has 2012/2013 sample answer on it, it would be a huge help!

If you've access to Westlaw there's an article by Peter Bland SC on it available there. His conclusion is that the legislature have made a total mess of it.

Haven't been on this board in a while - finally captured a TC and working in Clonmel...enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Orlando146

Hey guys,

I know you're all mad busy with the exam prep, I've put them off until Feburary now. If anyone wants to sell their Independent colleges manuals for Company, Property, EU and Constitutional I'll happily buy them from you :)

were on the last stretch and now i am hoping and praying that someone comes on boards today with the lecturers predictions for company! surely some decent soul out there has them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lisgal

Hi all. Hope the study is going well. Last fe1..I hope! Would anyone be so kind to pass on any predictions for company law? Also would someone mind confirming what exactly question 2 of the march 2013 company paper was on. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

were on the last stretch and now i am hoping and praying that someone comes on boards today with the lecturers predictions for company! surely some decent soul out there has them :)

That would be absolutely awesome! Find it tough to get everything into my head and I am starting to prioritise, whether that will work is another question!! Basically for company I will most likely only have ultra vires, corporate contracts, corporate personality, borrowings, retention of title, directors, share transfer, company formation and documentation, restriction and disq done. Then it's a toss up between picking receivership, disposition of assets or auditors to study on Tuesday!! I feel swamped and hope I'm not cutting myself short with those topics...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

My head is just wrecked and feels like cotton wool because of this cold so I've decided to get out of the house for a while because I've been cooped up for three days. I'll do something when I get back home but right now I think I've got a good grasp on what I wanted to get done.

sophya wrote: »
    My head is just wrecked and feels like cotton wool because of this cold so I've decided to get out of the house for a while because I've been cooped up for three days. I'll do something when I get back home but right now I think I've got a good grasp on what I wanted to get done.

I know the feeling alright...What areas are you focussing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan2011

I have a set of Tort study cards that list every case with brief descriptions, if anyone wants me to send them on PM me, would be a lot of help coming up to this exam. Also have the same for Conts, Contract and Criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

I know the feeling alright...What areas are you focussing on?

Have about 6-7 for each subject. This morning managed to read through discharge of contracts, remedies and capacity.

That would be absolutely awesome! Find it tough to get everything into my head and I am starting to prioritise, whether that will work is another question!! Basically for company I will most likely only have ultra vires, corporate contracts, corporate personality, borrowings, retention of title, directors, share transfer, company formation and documentation, restriction and disq done. Then it's a toss up between picking receivership, disposition of assets or auditors to study on Tuesday!! I feel swamped and hope I'm not cutting myself short with those topics...

well the fact that receivership/winding up(s.213(e) haven't come up in a good while id look at them...there not that long...

like realistically directors, something on borrowings and corporate personality will surely come up!

• Advertisement

does anyone have a sample answer for q.6 on the oct 2012 sitting for company....cant seem to get my head around it??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rocksch2

Can anyone shed any light on the Constitutional 10 important cases that he outlines each year?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

So for Constitutional I am covering:

SOP
    ART 38.1
    Livelihood
    Property
    Unenumerated rights
    Oireachtas
    Courts
    Religion
    Equality
    Good name and Fair Procedures
    Family and Education
    Locus Standi
    Proportionality
    President and AG
    Freedom of Expression
    Privacy

Should this easily cover me? Is there anything else you would add in?

Caoileann wrote: »
    So for Constitutional I am covering:

SOP
    ART 38.1
    Livelihood
    Property
    Unenumerated rights
    Oireachtas
    Courts
    Religion
    Equality
    Good name and Fair Procedures
    Family and Education
    Locus Standi
    Proportionality
    President and AG
    Freedom of Expression
    Privacy

Should this easily cover me? Is there anything else you would add in?

What exactly are you covering in the Oireachtas? Are you basing this on the Referendum debate?

Also you could stick in Inviolability of the dwelling, short topic and could be useful in problem q's.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

does anyone have a sample answer for q.6 on the oct 2012 sitting for company....cant seem to get my head around it??

What's the question, I don't have a sample answer but some of us here might be able to point out the relevant issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

rocksch2 wrote: »
    What exactly are you covering in the Oireachtas? Are you basing this on the Referendum debate?

Also you could stick in Inviolability of the dwelling, short topic and could be useful in problem q's.

It's a chapter in the city colleges manual, includes justiciability and internal workings of the Oireachtas, privilege and cabinet confidentiality and a little on elections and voting... now that I think about it, the vast majority of this would never come up?!

From what I've heard the papers are set in January so I didn't think the referendum debate would come up, are you covering something on it?

Caoileann wrote: »
    It's a chapter in the city colleges manual, includes justiciability and internal workings of the Oireachtas, privilege and cabinet confidentiality and a little on elections and voting... now that I think about it, the vast majority of this would never come up?!

From what I've heard the papers are set in January so I didn't think the referendum debate would come up, are you covering something on it?

I'm not really doing anything on the Oireachtas to be honest, that's why I asked!

I'm covering Interpretation, Pres+AG, Courts(very small bit), Judicial Review, SOP, 38.1, Personal rights, Equality, Prop, Dwelling, Expression, Religion and Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lemonliman

Hey, for those of you doing constitutional, wondering if anyone has a list of 2013 decisions/cases they are focusing on?? I have the cases which Corlan signalled at the start of the year in January but I don't know if these still apply to the October sitting or whether he focuses on const cases since then. I noticed above someone said he sets both exams in January- while that would cut down the no of potential cases, that can't be true can it? Any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi all
    Property related q - for co ownership I am having difficulty getting my head around severing Joint tenancy - what is the diff between severing in eq and severing in law? Am I right in law sayingyou can severed by
    1. Alienation to third party
    2. Unilateral severance (with consent)
    3. Acquisition of an additional interest or
    4. Act of 3Party such as bank under statutory powers?

Then for equity
    1. Furthering mutual intention of parties
    2. Individual joint tenant acting upon his own share
    3. Course of dealing. Does 09 act affect any of these?

Also in the march 2013 question 1 what was significance of Julie signing for three notice of severence? Doesn't this have to be signed by Tom as she is attempting to unilaterally sever and would need his consent per 2009 LRA s30?

Does anyone have 2013 or 2012 sample answers they could pass on to shed some light?

• Advertisement

Tick tock... Getting anxious!!!! It's my first sitting of the Fe1's and bricking it..... Good luck to everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement