Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

dashdoll wrote: »
    Is Personal Liberty something that could be safely left out for Constitutional? Looks like it never comes up.

Anything else?

Personal Liberty was a full question last sitting, highly doubt it would reappear again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stilk08

Does anyone know what came up on the tort paper in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

stilk08 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what came up on the tort paper in October?

Hi Stik08, the tort paper in October 2015 was:
    1. Negligence and control of others
    2. Essay on limitation
    3. Liability for practical jokes by employees
    4. Product Liability
    5. Quantification of damages
    6. Nuisance
    7. Issue of publication
    8. Employers liability

• Registered Users Posts: 42 telephone

anybody have an up to date constitutional exam grid? willing to swap with a tort/company exam grid.

I have an up to date constitutional grid. Willing to swap for a company exam grid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KerrieAS

Hey guys,
    I was revising remedies and one of the examiner reports said "Many candidates are not putting across either the traditional four rules or reflecting the case-law developments in the last decade in any coherent fashion."

I just wanted to ask if this could be referring to anything other than the Dunlop case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KerrieAS

Oh and also, can anyone share which topics they are focussing on for Contract and Equity?

My materials are a couple of years old and the lecturers are advising certain topics based on trends in the past papers, but as they are not up to date I haven't relied on that advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clocks

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any ideas of what can (possibly) be left out for Criminal and Property? For Property I'm basically working backwards from the end of the manual..apart from Treasure Trove.

I am perhaps leaving myself short, but doing

Adverse possession
    Succession
    Easements
    Landlord and Tenant Law
    Co-ownership

I was covered with these on the Autumn paper but didn't pass 3 :(. In retrospect I have been leaving myself a bit short : there's no certainity of a question on easements or landlord and tenant, for example. Questions on land registration seem to be fairly straightforward descriptions of the system

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sophiehatter

For equity, if you were to leave out one of:

estoppel
    rescission
    rectification
    specific performance

Which would be best to leave out? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

For constitutional I have : oireachtas, courts, personal rights, property rights, due course of law, amending the constitution, separation of powers, freedom of expression, family, judicial review, findings of unconstitutionality, equality and abortion. Surely that's ok? I know I've cut a bit already but there's so much to it

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

vickyplumx wrote: »
    For constitutional I have : oireachtas, courts, personal rights, property rights, due course of law, amending the constitution, separation of powers, freedom of expression, family, judicial review, findings of unconstitutionality, equality and abortion. Surely that's ok? I know I've cut a bit already but there's so much to it

I have done so far Separation of Powers, Due course of Law, Personal Rights, Property Rights, Family & Education, Proportionality and Right to Silence/Jury.

Plan to definitely add Equality, Judicial Review, Findings of unconstitutionality and Oireachtas

On the fence whether to look at Freedom of Expression (full essay question last year), inviolability of dwelling (recent Fortune case) and Religious Freedoms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Question on Findings is Property; what significance is there of finding an item in a mind? Please advise on any case, law, article that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 42 telephone

For Criminal, what are people doing? Is it worth leaving anything out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stilk08

I'm doing everything but the last chapter on bail, courts, right to silence etc. It seems that that chapter comes in at most 2 questions every year so you can leave it out and still have a choice. I'm gonna do everything else though as the questions can involve so many issues, ie several offences and defences in one qs

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

anyone be so kind as to tell me what came up on the last constitutional paper? Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

Hey lads, just looking for a bit of guidance for EU. I've chosen the following if anyone thinks sections can be left out or topics needed to be added:

Institutions
    Sources of EU law
    Supremacy/Direct effect
    MS liability
    Union citizenship
    FMG
    FMS/FOE/FMW/FME
    Competition

Reckon competition is a dead cert in at least one if not two questions after being left out in October. Any advice as to the rest would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Q1 - Freedom of Expression
    Q2 - Propert Rights/Limiting Balancing Rights/ Ins of the State ( AG etc)
    Q3 - Personal Rights
    Q4 - Religious freedom
    Q5 - Personal Liberty Both 4 & 5 ( Separation of powers)
    Q6 - Family & Education
    Q7 - Right to Silence/Trial by Jury/Art 38.1
    Q8 - Constitutional Interpretation

I think thats right going by the grids : )

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Hey lads, just looking for a bit of guidance for EU. I've chosen the following if anyone thinks sections can be left out or topics needed to be added:

Institutions
    Sources of EU law
    Supremacy/Direct effect
    MS liability
    Union citizenship
    FMG
    FMS/FOE/FMW/FME
    Competition

Reckon competition is a dead cert in at least one if not two questions after being left out in October. Any advice as to the rest would be greatly appreciated

According to Hints in Independent the following are predictions for this year :

My predictions for the FE-1 March 2016 Paper

Topics missing from October’s paper
    Essay question on the role of the Commission as guardian of the treaties.
    Essay question on Art 267 TFEU or Art 258 TFEU
    Essay question on Fundamental rights and the role of the Charter of Fundamental Rights
    Competition law

Repeat topics
    PQ on direct effect
    PQ on economic freedoms/citizenship
    Case notes question

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Calling out to the patron saint of procrastination - all interventions gratefully received! :(

My house has never been so clean....and I got lots of pretty stationary....so, that's a start :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Random qs....haven't gotten the luas to the red cow before for the exams as I've driven usually. Is there a walkway to and from? Is it far? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Random qs....haven't gotten the luas to the red cow before for the exams as I've driven usually. Is there a walkway to and from? Is it far? Thanks.

Also in the same boat. I can't stomach driving around the M50 and trying to get across Junction 9 to the Long Mile slip road again:rolleyes: Plus I always have to end up driving out ridiculously early! I've been told it's only a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Anyone getting the luas, DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE STRIKE ON THE 8TH MARCH IF YOU HAVE AN EXAM THAT DAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 lawgal

This might be a stupid question but in property what does one answer for the rights and responsibilities of cohabitation re property rights and responsibilities of joint tenants as co-owners re property? This is co-ownership ya? Talk about confused!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Scarymary13

Hi guys, there is a walk way from the luas stop in to the Red Cow car park :)

Lawgal, there is no such thing as a stupid question! It does sound to be a co-ownership question- right to possess and alienate which in regards to joint tenancy would include a discussion of severance if I am right.

Please correct me if I am wrong :)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

smeal wrote: »
    Anyone getting the luas, DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE STRIKE ON THE 8TH MARCH IF YOU HAVE AN EXAM THAT DAY!

Do you people think I should update the thread title or something to mention this?

Do you people think I should update the thread title or something to mention this?

Yes, definitely. especially since it is a Tuesday. The strikes usually happen on a Thurs/Friday so people might not be aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

What other way is there out to red cow on 8th March is luas is on strike?

Mileyt wrote: »
    What other way is there out to red cow on 8th March is luas is on strike?

I'm pretty sure the Number 13 bus goes out to it? But you'd need to leave yourself plentyof time as buses will be jammed because of the strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

does anybody know about any intense 1 day courses coming up?

Wondering if there are any topics that can be pretty safely left out of the Tort course?

Looking at the grid here.

Defective Premises
    Fatal Injuries
    State Liability
    Defences
    Concurrent wrongdoers

These never seem to come up going by the grid.

The course is so wide..really hoping to cut out a few more topics. ��

does anybody know about any intense 1 day courses coming up?

Saw some advertised on independent colleges website...think they are next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 fe1chancer

Saw some advertised on independent colleges website...think they are next week.

Independent are running a limited course i think it's only Company and Constitutional thats going ahead due to lack of numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement