Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mr.craichead

Hey guys...

For criminal I'm reading notes now feeling I've either too much or missing something?

Assault
    Intoxication
    Sexual offences
    Classification of crimes/courts of jurisdiction
    Theft/robbery/burglary
    Murder/manslaughter
    Omissions
    Provocation/duress
    Attempt
    Insanity/diminished responsibility

Note these have to be learned yet 😖

Hiya! I'm those ones but without classification of crimes

I'm also doing arrest, detention, bail and legal rep

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Hiya! I'm those ones but without classification of crimes

I'm also doing arrest, detention, bail and legal rep

Ok might give a look at them too thanks. Surely that's enough dribble to secure a pass...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

For criminal, if you define something in one question that may come up more than once, say murder or attempt, can you just refer to it again in a 2nd question without defining it, providing a case example, etc.

I know that things won't usually come up twice, but just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

oraghabd wrote: »
    For criminal, if you define something in one question that may come up more than once, say murder or attempt, can you just refer to it again in a 2nd question without defining it, providing a case example, etc.

I know that things won't usually come up twice, but just in case

Yeah of course, you'd only be wasting precious time otherwise! I've always done it and just referred back to the question and paragraph I had previously discussed it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow and over the next week and a bit!

7/8 done, last is EU. You'll get there lads, it's worth it when you're on this side. Can't wait for Blackhall, EU depending! 😱😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 themistes

lawgal wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but in property what does one answer for the rights and responsibilities of cohabitation re property rights and responsibilities of joint tenants as co-owners re property? This is co-ownership ya? Talk about confused!!

im wondering if anyone has any advice? i submitted my application before the deadline and received no confirmation from the law soc... im worried it might have got lost in the post or something!

Im thinking of showing up for the exams anyway... well and truly freaking out!!

where are the exams being held??

Im wondering if anyone has any advice? i submitted my application before the deadline and received no confirmation from the law soc... im worried it might have got lost in the post or something!

themistes is online now Report Post

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

themistes wrote: »
    im wondering if anyone has any advice? i submitted my application before the deadline and received no confirmation from the law soc... im worried it might have got lost in the post or something!

Have you contacted the law society? Ring them to find out if your application has gone through. They might be able to fit you in even if it hasn't.

Yes ive been trying to call them all week and there was no answer, Ive also emailed them. Im meant to be sitting criminal law in the morning... Absolute Disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

Yes ive been trying to call them all week and there was no answer, Ive also emailed them. Im meant to be sitting criminal law in the morning... Absolute Disaster!

The exams are on in the red cow moran hotel at 9.30

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil.... im going to call them in the morning and make my way to the red cow just incase.... not taking the chance of missing it!

Good Luck to everyone, thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I had the same problem a week or so ago.I rang them and they confirmed I was in the list. I did get a letter a few days later though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Hmmmmmmm....???

Why are all the articles in my copy of Blackstones numbered differently to the article numbers in my lecture slides????

Curious, and unnerving :)

Good luck to everyone sitting the exams. I hippie that they go well! :-)

Okay criminals,

looking forward to hearing how you all got on today :)

Thought criminal was a fair paper?
    PQ 1 - assault S3 offence and explain classifications of a crime - summarily/indictment difference
    2- attempt with duress
    3- DPP 4 scenarios (assault/robbery, harassment,property damage and public order offence, contempt of court / perverse the course of justice)
    4-Intoxicaton/manslaughter
    5- sexual offences- rape/minor?
    6- strict liability essay
    7- false inprisonment /incitement
    8-arrest/detention/right to silence/bail
    Few other little bits like failure at act etc but seemed a good paper : )
    Now just 7 more this sitting : (

Thought criminal was a fair paper?
    PQ 1 - assault S3 offence and explain characteristics of a crime
    2- attempt with duress
    3- DPP 4 scenarios (assault/robbery, harassment,property damage and public order offence, contempt of court / perverse the course of justice)
    4-Intoxicaton/manslaughter
    5- sexual offences- rape/minor?
    6- strict liability essay
    7- false inprisonment /incitement
    8-arrest/detention/right to silence/bail
    Few other little bits like failure at act etc but seemed a good paper : )
    Now just 7 more this sitting : (

Sounds like a nice enough paper! You are doing all eight in one go? Props to ya

Sounds like a nice enough paper! You are doing all eight in one go? Props to ya

Haha doing 8 and passing 8 are very different : ) sat 5 in October only got 2 so hoping to get at least 4! Starting to regret it already...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I wanted to slap those Q5 boys. So many offences!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

Any word on how the poster who hadn't received confirmation of their application got on with regard to being allowed to do the exam? I've procrastinated brilliantly all morning due to the suspense of waiting to find out!

(On a serious note, hope it all went well)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 stilk08

Does anyone know what came up for company last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

stilk08 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what came up for company last time?

Directors, Transfer of Shares, Liquidation, Definition of a Share, Salomon exceptions, Receivership, Realisation of Corporate Assets, and Borrowing

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fe1chancer

If there is one thing i learned from todays exam is don't join a rugby team!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

I wanted to slap those Q5 boys. So many offences!!

Oh my god. Accessories At and After, sexual assault, rape and consent all wrapped up in one giant mess of a question.

I unfortunately picked all the questions where there were multiple strands to acknowledge. My answers were so unstructured...I hope he goes nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Oh my god. Accessories At and After, sexual assault, rape and consent all wrapped up in one giant mess of a question.

I unfortunately picked all the questions where there were multiple strands to acknowledge. My answers were so unstructured...I hope he goes nice!!!

I threw in common design abandonment and false imprisonment for good measure...

I somehow decided the exam was over at 12. So I only wrote two pages for one of my answers - the assault manslaughter q and was belting through the advise on 4 offences question. Was so confused when he said "1 minute to leave the exam hall". Felt like such a tit!

Hoping he's nice too! I'd two good ones, one decent and two vague disasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Criminal was really nice! I messed up the property offence in Q3 stupidly but mentioned about the traffic obstruction! And i think question 4 was about the defence of provocation too no? The "whole picture" needs to be considered..? Intoxication could not have been a defence so spoke about thin skull rule and voluntary (assault) manslaughter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

Criminal was really nice! I messed up the property offence in Q3 stupidly but mentioned about the traffic obstruction! And i think question 4 was about the defence of provocation too no? The "whole picture" needs to be considered..? Intoxication could not have been a defence so spoke about thin skull rule and voluntary (assault) manslaughter ?

in q 4 I threw in provocation as my intox part was iffy as I didn't think it was a defence to murder just something to be taken into account when sentencing, but some guy told me after it was all about basic and and specific intent arrrrrgh....2 parts of q8 weren't great either as he was charged with non fatal offences not under the offences against the state act!

oh well on to equity! ðŸ˜

I threw in common design abandonment and false imprisonment for good measure...

I somehow decided the exam was over at 12. So I only wrote two pages for one of my answers - the assault manslaughter q and was belting through the advise on 4 offences question. Was so confused when he said "1 minute to leave the exam hall". Felt like such a tit!

Hoping he's nice too! I'd two good ones, one decent and two vague disasters.

Ah, didnt do False Imprison but did mention nothing short of total abandonment with positive steps. I spent 1 hour accidentally on my first question and spent the rest of the time playing catch up and failing miserably....let's hope we've done enough!

in q 4 I threw in provocation as my intox part was iffy as I didn't think it was a defence to murder just something to be taken into account when sentencing, but some guy told me after it was all about basic and and specific intent arrrrrgh....2 parts of q8 weren't great either as he was charged with non fatal offences not under the offences against the state act!

oh well on to equity! ðŸ˜

I did voluntary manslaughter, the defences of self-defence/ reasonable force in relation to an anticipated attack and voluntary intoxication and threw in a tiny bit of crime of basic intent...and LRC recommendation that low level violence be prosecuted as assault not MS when completely unforeseen (DPP-v-Byrne)...thinking now I got it wrong! :'(

• Advertisement

This might be a nice addition to a question on vicarious liability for those doing Tort. Just came up on my Facebook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement