Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

I am SO disappointed about Company yesterday. I can't motivate myself to study for my remaining two exams next week at all. The thoughts of having to do Company next October is just so galling after putting so much work into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

EthanSS wrote: »
    I am SO disappointed about Company yesterday. I can't motivate myself to study for my remaining two exams next week at all. The thoughts of having to do Company next October is just so galling after putting so much work into it.

Do try just put it out of your head. It's done now and you can't do anything about it. If there's one thing I know about these exams it's that you just never know. The only one I was ever sure I'd passed has been the only one I've failed so far.

And besides, from what I've heard so far no one seems too impressed with the company paper anyway so that will work in your favour too!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bivo87

Fe1r wrote: »
    I can't focus at all today.....I'm learning freedom of expression in constitutional and have just got to a section on ECHR jurisprudence....someone pleas tell me I can leave it out?!

unfortunatley I don't think so... independent lecturer thinks there isn't enough case law from Ireland to explain it properly so the examiner will most likely expect the ECHR jurisprudence...... i'm not sure what to leave out on this subject, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bivo87

oraghabd wrote: »
    Does anyone have a detailed exam grid for EU law? Would be a huge help, thanks

no sorry oraghadb but if you do get one i would love a copy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fe1chancer

bivo87 wrote: »

I've got one but it only goes up to 2013, drop me a private message with your mail address and i'll send it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Could somebody go through the topics for each question there in tort to make sure I haven't messed anything up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Figsy32 wrote: »
    Could somebody go through the topics for each question there in tort to make sure I haven't messed anything up :p

There goes blackhall for me, 3goods questions, two horrendous attempts, how annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I didn't do it, but what was the question with the trees that fell on the car about? Nuisance? I started sniffing around it and decided to avoid it because the person who suffered injury didn't seem to be a neighbour (if memory serves) which made me think it wasn't about nuisance, even though the question featured the word 'neighbour'. Just curious.

And the question about the guy who lost his eye etc - I answered that on remoteness. Was that how other people approached it?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I didn't do it, but what was the question with the trees that fell on the car about? Nuisance? I started sniffing around it and decided to avoid it because the person who suffered injury didn't seem to be a neighbour (if memory serves) which made me think it wasn't about nuisance, even though the question featured the word 'neighbour'. Just curious.

And the question about the guy who lost his eye etc - I answered that on remoteness. Was that how other people approached it?

I went into a big Rylands v Fletcher speel? But also struggled to fit it in that she wasn't an owner of land so had to play about with words

Didn't particularly like the Contributory Negligence essay Q.. Far too broad so started yapping on about occupier's liability and drunkenness!!

The trespass to person question was ok but had left that topic as one of my banker topics.

Occupier's Liability with Marianne q was okay but felt like i couldn't fit alot of case law in?

Best question was the vicarious liability question with Robert and Crash Repairs (ehhh hope it was VL anyways)!

What was with the question where the teacher negligently taught the mechanic? Obvz a bit of professional neg but how did you guys tackle the other part of the q?!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

EthanSS wrote: »

First of all you never know. I was 100% sure I failed tort last time because I only started the night before and I had barely any cases listed. I was going to leave early a couple of times but i kept saying no just keep writing keep writing , and I passed I got 51 I couldn't believe it. Secondly you couldn't have done much worse than me yesterday. I only knew one answer and I just used the book to find the legislation that applied to the questions yesterday and wrote it down and twisted it to the answer. I was gonna leave after 45 mins but again I was like no just keep writing you never know.!

I know its hard but you never know and even if you do so what, welcome to the club and nothing ever goes the way you usually want it to or in the time frame. If you fail this time you still have two more shot to get in to blackhall for 2017. and what's another year in the grand scheme of things. Just keep swimming!!!

• Advertisement

smeal wrote: »
    I went into a big Rylands v Fletcher speel? But also struggled to fit it in that she wasn't an owner of land so had to play about with words

Didn't particularly like the Contributory Negligence essay Q.. Far too broad so started yapping on about occupier's liability and drunkenness!!

The trespass to person question was ok but had left that topic as one of my banker topics.

Occupier's Liability with Marianne q was okay but felt like i couldn't fit alot of case law in?

Best question was the vicarious liability question with Robert and Crash Repairs (ehhh hope it was VL anyways)!

What was with the question where the teacher negligently taught the mechanic? Obvz a bit of professional neg but how did you guys tackle the other part of the q?!

So, was this mechanic questions one of the rare occassions where they did topic mixing? I did my whole answer on causation and in particular remoteness, even though I had professional negligence learned off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

I guessed Q1Trespass to Persons Q2 Professional Neg with the other messy bits Q3 Nuisance with elements of causation, rylands & fletcher to consider and possible remedies Q4 Contributory Neg/Legal Causation Q5 Vicarious Liability, the improper mode rule and Defences Q6 Passing Off Q7 Occupiers liability with focus on Rec Users becoming Trespasser for overreaching the licence? and Q8 opinion piece that I definitely wasnt going to look at with 30 mins left on the clock!

Did 1,3,5,6,& 7. Anybody else get anything different? Overall good feeling about the exam but then again....you never know with these!!!

I guessed Q1Trespass to Persons Q2 Professional Neg with the other messy bits Q3 Nuisance with elements of causation, rylands & fletcher to consider and possible remedies Q4 Contributory Neg/Legal Causation Q5 Vicarious Liability, the improper mode rule and Defences Q6 Passing Off Q7 Occupiers liability with focus on Rec Users becoming Trespasser for overreaching the licence? and Q8 opinion piece that I definitely wasnt going to look at with 30 mins left on the clock!

Did 1,3,5,6,& 7. Anybody else get anything different? Overall good feeling about the exam but then again....you never know with these!!!

On the one about the training and the guy losing his eye - the teacher admitted negligence. Does this not mean that the question is about something else other than professional negligence, given that the negligence is admitted?

On the one about the training and the guy losing his eye - the teacher admitted negligence. Does this not mean that the question is about something else other than professional negligence, given that the negligence is admitted?

I think it was causation? No need to mention professional negligence because negligence was admitted already.

....and remoteness :) (I hope)

....and remoteness :) (I hope)

Thats what I did anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

That is precisely why I didnt do that question....too much thinking and worrying about the topic....I would have crucified myself all weekend if Id gone with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

Well tort was fun.... :( feel so deflated! terrible company paper yesterday and then tort today.. Constitutional on Tuesday then which I have done NOTHING for :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

what are people doing for contract? there's so many topics! 😩

I was thinking :
    consideration
    estoppel
    offer and acceptance
    discharge
    remedies
    mistake
    privity
    unlawful contracts
    duress
    Formal and evidentiary requirements
    exclusion clauses

leaving out consumer contracts as I know the basic sale of goods act but it's too late to learn an essay now!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Quote: EthanSS

Please don't worry :) I sat the company paper in Oct and was convinced I had failed. Couldn't get my head in the game the two days before the exam and didn't have the Companies Acts in with me as I couldn't afford it the week before the exam. Answered 2 questions, 2 atrocious 'answers' and a small paragraph for the 5th question. Blanked for all the law and realised after the exam I had answered half of one my good questions using the entire wrong section! Also left the exam 45mins early before I had a chance to fully realise what a mess I'd made.....

.... And passed with 50 on the button!:) so anything is possible!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 lawgal

What's everyone doing for equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

lawgal wrote: »
    What's everyone doing for equity?

Injunctions
    Specific Performance
    Rectification
    Rescission
    Proprietary Estoppel
    Express Trusts
    Purpose Trusts
    Resulting Trusts
    Trustees
    Tracing

Maybe that's too much, I don't know. Really just leaving out Secret Trusts, Constructive Trusts and Maxims

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

what are people doing for constitutional?

fionnsci wrote: »
    Injunctions
    Specific Performance
    Rectification
    Rescission
    Proprietary Estoppel
    Express Trusts
    Purpose Trusts
    Resulting Trusts
    Trustees
    Tracing

Maybe that's too much, I don't know. Really just leaving out Secret Trusts, Constructive Trusts and Maxims

I'm leaving out trustees, 3 certainties, constructive and maxims?There seems to be a pattern with what comes up, every second year is similar. I presume you're doing charitable too?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Came on here for a look...*shudder* I remember being on internet boards asking these same questions 8 years ago. Best of luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sophiehatter

For equity I'm going to do everything except maxims and rescission - should that be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

lawgal wrote: »
    I'm leaving out trustees, 3 certainties, constructive and maxims?There seems to be a pattern with what comes up, every second year is similar. I presume you're doing charitable too?

I am indeed, that's under Purpose Trusts.

fionnsci wrote: »
    I am indeed, that's under Purpose Trusts.

Yes that makes sense! Head is fried!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Does anybody know the importance of citing common low authority for property law answers? Is it less so for certain topics? There are quite a few chapters like co-ownership where cases are footnoted in the independent manuals but only convey a single established legal rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

bivo87 wrote: »

I have one now, but with a new examiner might not be as much use as I thought

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement