Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I know the feeling!Have been sickened having to study the past few days when everyone else has been out celebrating the
    All-Ireland win!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Anybody have March 2013 Tort answers?? :confused:

Or an up-to-date grid for Tort please??

Can swap for other subjects.....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

Doing Tort tomorrow and finding it really difficult to decipher what topics to be focusing on!! Any predictions or list of what ppl or focusing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Glinda! wrote: »
    Doing Tort tomorrow and finding it really difficult to decipher what topics to be focusing on!! Any predictions or list of what ppl or focusing on?

I honestly don't know what to focus on. I've most of the topics covered and just trying to read through all my notes and memorise case names and stuff like that.

I just really have some sort of feeling that I left something out or that there will be some sort of surprise paper tomorrow, really don't know what to expect.

chops018 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what to focus on. I've most of the topics covered and just trying to read through all my notes and memorise case names and stuff like that.

I just really have some sort of feeling that I left something out or that there will be some sort of surprise paper tomorrow, really don't know what to expect.

Same as Chops reading round topics like a mad thing! Dono what could come up, with what other topic/issue I mightnt have covered. . with the result that I have an idea of the general jist but am learning off nothing!! I think there's gona be a lot of topics that wont feature in the usual way :(

• Advertisement

Same as Chops reading round topics like a mad thing! Dono what could come up, with what other topic/issue I mightnt have covered. . with the result that I have an idea of the general jist but am learning off nothing!! I think there's gona be a lot of topics that wont feature in the usual way :(

Yeah that's exactly it - an overload of info. I wish I knew of a few bankers but the last few sets it seems even the negligence questions can be tricky.

In saying that I am finding that I am remembering at least the main cases for the bigger topics, but I still wouldn't be 100% sure on applying it to a tricky problem question.. too late for that now, just keep reading and follow the simple rules of spot the issue, state the law, apply to the facts move on, conclude etc.

Here's hoping for a nice paper tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

Yeah that's exactly it - an overload of info. I wish I knew of a few bankers but the last few sets it seems even the negligence questions can be tricky.

In saying that I am finding that I am remembering at least the main cases for the bigger topics, but I still wouldn't be 100% sure on applying it to a tricky problem question.. too late for that now, just keep reading and follow the simple rules of spot the issue, state the law, apply to the facts move on, conclude etc.

Here's hoping for a nice paper tomorrow.

Best of luck guys!! For what its worth try and relax be confident in what ye have learnt... in saying that I wont lie I am worried about the paper, but trying to learn something in panic mode is useless!! Learnt that the hard way! Believe that the hard work is done and it will pay off!! I have read in some examiner report I think maybe constitutional that it is more important to have a few good cases explaining an argument than just listing cases with little or no relevance!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

god i hate the red cow ....im here in the bathroom studying cos that's the best light in the whole place.....fingers crossed for 5 manageable questions tomorrow guys!!

also on another note....first time gettin a dash of orange from the hotel......€1.25......raging!

CRM1 wrote: »
    Best of luck guys!! For what its worth try and relax be confident in what ye have learnt... in saying that I wont lie I am worried about the paper, but trying to learn something in panic mode is useless!! Learnt that the hard way! Believe that the hard work is done and it will pay off!! I have read in some examiner report I think maybe constitutional that it is more important to have a few good cases explaining an argument than just listing cases with little or no relevance!

Cheers!

Good luck to you too..

Yeah I agree, I'm finding it hard to actually "study", I'm really just scanning over my notes and some answers trying to memorise the cases.
    Milkypops wrote: »
    god i hate the red cow ....im here in the bathroom studying cos that's the best light in the whole place.....fingers crossed for 5 manageable questions tomorrow guys!!

also on another note....first time gettin a dash of orange from the hotel......€1.25......raging!

Haha, in the bathroom, really? Ah you should have stocked up from the garage shop down the road earlier.

Haha, in the bathroom, really? Ah you should have stocked up from the garage shop down the road earlier.

i swear try it.....those bloody lamps in the rooms are useless there just making me fall asleep!

i know i was so lazy about walking to the shop i do have my koka noodles and cereal bars though so not doing too bad!!

feeling rather overwhelmed by it all now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 rickety cricket

i swear try it.....those bloody lamps in the rooms are useless there just making me fall asleep!

i know i was so lazy about walking to the shop i do have my koka noodles and cereal bars though so not doing too bad!!

Haha its not great but the lamps do the job grand! Wouldn't be resorting to the bathroom!

I'm at home - only about a 40 or 50 minute drive in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

At least its not the ibis! now that is a kip! cheap as chips though! and the lighting there is pretty poor.. I think the bulb wattage must be 10-15 amp eco saver! I thought the lighting in the lamps in the red cow were good the last time unless they have changed?

At least its not the ibis! now that is a kip! cheap as chips though! and the lighting there is pretty poor.. I think the bulb wattage must be 10-15 amp eco saver! I thought the lighting in the lamps in the red cow were good the last time unless they have changed?

there grand just too low for me plus i hate studying in my own bedroom at home so think its just a personal thing.....im sticking to the bathroom hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

So it begins!

Good luck today everyone. I hope the exam is nice, or that you get your 5 questions out of it. I'm not started until tomorrow but I woke up strangely calm. Gonna just read over my notes relax in the evening and have an early night.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

sophya wrote: »
    So it begins!

Good luck today everyone. I hope the exam is nice, or that you get your 5 questions out of it. I'm not started until tomorrow but I woke up strangely calm. Gonna just read over my notes relax in the evening and have an early night.
    Yes good luck all! I'm not starting till tomorrow either... Also kind if calm but info have to study one more chapter today. Apart from that going to take it easy too... Then hurry for contract for Friday haha!

I was wondering does anyone have a quick and easy set of notes on remedies and discharge that they might be able to pass in to me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

Hey, has anyone got night before notes for constitutional? Struggling to condense and learn off! I've sample answers and notes for the whole topic? Or material on equity, crim or property?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

Legalgrad wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone got night before notes for constitutional? Struggling to condense and learn off! I've sample answers and notes for the whole topic? Or material on equity, crim or property?

Did you try the city colleges website? They usually have access to them there.

http://www.citycolleges.ie/wp/wp-content/uploads/Constitutional-law-night-before-notes.pdf

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 donners87

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan2011

I have 5 sets of very comprehensive study cards that list every case with brief descriptions and key outcomes, would be a lot of help during the exams. Am looking to swap for any recent 2012/2013 stuff such as sample answers or examiners reports e.t.c. in any subject.

FE1 Sets
    Tort
    Contstitution
    Contract
    Criminal

KI Set
    Evidence

• Advertisement

one down......company tomorrow and im so tired i dont even wanna look at it :(

How did ppl find Tort? I think lot will b kickin themselves wen read back over paper he was very specific about what who and what he wanted advised

How did ppl find Tort? I think lot will b kickin themselves wen read back over paper he was very specific about what who and what he wanted advised

I think it was ok, still not sure.. I reckon I did a better paper than the last time in which I got 43. Here's hoping, I really want to be rid of Tort and these whole exams after this sitting.

What was question 3 about?

If I did the right issues then I've an excellent answer.... I discussed Psychiatric Damage, General Negligence (Duty of Care and Causation), and a small bit of Pure Economic Loss. I assumed they were the types of damage he was looing for?

I think i did an alright paper answered 5....stayed away from the nervous shock/economic loss question.

started the defective products questions and then went NO WAY!! it was a bit sticky....

Standard of Care coming up as a full question...i did it but that was a bit unexpected???

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

I think it was ok, still not sure.. I reckon I did a better paper than the last time in which I got 43. Here's hoping, I really want to be rid of Tort and these whole exams after this sitting.

What was question 3 about?

If I did the right issues then I've an excellent answer.... I discussed Psychiatric Damage, General Negligence (Duty of Care and Causation), and a small bit of Pure Economic Loss. I assumed they were the types of damage he was looing for?

I didn't do the question myself but at first I thought psychiatric but then when he asked what damages I thought it was asking about general damages, punitive etc.

Was hard to know either way!

Was question 5 about the fire on rylands v fletcher??

I think i did an alright paper answered 5....stayed away from the nervous shock/economic loss question.

started the defective products questions and then went NO WAY!! it was a bit sticky....

Standard of Care coming up as a full question...i did it but that was a bit unexpected???

Yeah I got 5 in too.. reckon I have 3 decent to good-ish answers, then 2 ok answers. So I hope it's enough.

I did the defective products one but only because I remembered all the cases for it, I was hazy on the legislation and the correct provisions but I hope it was still enough.

I was raging with Standard of Care..... such an easy question and I just blanked and remembered feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

I did the defective products question as a last resort. It was awful! Hopefully I did enough to get by

sally01 wrote: »
    I didn't do the question myself but at first I thought psychiatric but then when he asked what damages I thought it was asking about general damages, punitive etc.

That's what I thought aswell, it could be about punitive damages etc. But surely he wouldn't go on about PD the way he did in that question, and it usually specifically asks about those types of damages. Checked some sample answers, it kind of does look like he was asking about actual damages.. absolutely raging, I hate saying this but hopefully whoever else done that question made the same mistake and he might mark it accordingly sometimes they do that.

Yeah 5 looked like R v F, if it was Nuisance I would have done it as it was only fresh in my mind from this morning.

• Advertisement

sally01 wrote: »

i hope to faackk it was cos thats what i did it on hahah.....

the trespass question was a bit ****ty aswell wish they gave a problem question....i answered it and tried to give opinion but not necessarily a good one...

negligent misstatement was alright i thought....

standard of care got 3 pages hope its enough i had a few cases not many...

defamation was alright aswell....sickened i didnt pass last time with 45 cos i do think it was an easier paper ohwell onwards and upwards hahah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement