Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anosullivan

Wow thanks! its <snip> and my user is hotmail! Sorry it wont let me post the full email address here for some reason!
    Hope tomorrows exam goes ok guys!

Mod:
    Please don't post your personal details online.
    If you want to send them to someone via PM, that's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

A really silly question but do same sex couples come under the definition of marriage now in the constitution?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tired_Man

lawbear wrote: »
    A really silly question but do same sex couples come under the definition of marriage now in the constitution?

Yeah, marriage can now be contracted between two parties without distinction as to their sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

I don't suppose anyone knows of any predictions for EU from any of the intensive courses? Its so long how do you narrow that down!

I actually found equity tricky today! had to waffle for an answer on trusteeship. Does anyone know if she is a hard marker?

Found it really tricky myself...praying for a miracle and an easy marker ! Any EU predictions would be gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anosullivan

Yah even my good questions were just average and i was caught on time so nothing had a good structure on my paper. so 4 ok questions and a waffler.... last time she was NOT an easy marker, fair enough i was rightly caught out only had 3 questions and one of the notes but my percentage was very low even taking that into consideration :O :O :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Yah even my good questions were just average and i was caught on time so nothing had a good structure on my paper. so 4 ok questions and a waffler.... last time she was NOT an easy marker, fair enough i was rightly caught out only had 3 questions and one of the notes but my percentage was very low even taking that into consideration :O :O :O

Yep that's it so. We can resit together in Oct so!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

Browsing the news to try to escape studying for Constitutional. There is no escape. It's everywhere.

"Two key cases within a year of his arrival – Sinnott v Minister for Education and TD v Minister for Education – raised the question of how far the judiciary could go to protect the implied social or economic rights of marginalised individuals and groups."

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/adrian-hardiman-a-unique-courtroom-voice-falls-silent-1.2563641

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawgal

Is the sale of good and supply of services act a necessity for the contract exam?

ugh, its going to be a very long night, pizza on the way, feel like I'm looking at constitutional for the first time, don't even know what socio economic rights are :/ Any tips or topic suggestions for someone in dire straits here?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

ugh, its going to be a very long night, pizza on the way, feel like I'm looking at constitutional for the first time, don't even know what socio economic rights are :/ Any tips or topic suggestions for someone in dire straits here?

You are not alone in that club! Feel like Constitution is going right over my head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Not sure whether I'm better off to try stay up straight through or just get 2 or 3 hours sleep later...ye are not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Just about to head to the bar to get a pint of lucosade to bring up to the room. Starting to tire badly. :p We just have to keep going, the end is in sight and this is definitely the worst one. It'll be worth it at 12 30 tomorrow!

There was a fantastic list of tips put up a couple of pages ago!

dashdoll wrote: »
    Not sure whether I'm better off to try stay up straight through or just get 2 or 3 hours sleep later...ye are not alone.

You will need the break! Last thing you would want is to crash inside the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Socioeconomic rights is very small. Distinguish between distributive justice (involves distribution of common good and common burdens) & commative justice (corrective)(deals with questions about what is due to an individual from another individual including a public body)

Leinster House is for arguments about distributive justice and commutative justice is left to the judiciary

Education request cases eg Sinnott v Min for Education - held political issue not for judiciary to decide

Basically courts cannot order a mandatory injunction to enforce the state to effectively spend money vindicating a right.

Doherty & Anor v Dublin South Co. Co
    - here refused councils offer of houses are they wanted caravans. Council unable to provide these within their own constitution. Courts rejected claims as they are reluctant to intervene in cases involving welfare issues which are essentially political decisions

Exception under Art 42 - heading Education. Outside of this exception there are no provisions by the courts to impose an express obligation on the state to provide accommodation, welfare , medical treatment or any other form of socio economic benefit for any of its citizens however needy or deserving.

Itchy Lot wrote: »
    Hey - sorry to be annoying you but any chance I could get that too please!? I'd really appreciate it not feeling positive about EU and equity went ****e today! email is <snip>
    thanks a mill and hope your study is going better than my own!

Sent them there : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FEWan2015

Could anyone doing constitutional please explain the difference between deference and non-justifiability to me? I'm so confused! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Can someone explain this to me because I am just seeing the same thing repeated twice. "In respect of discrimination cases it is notable that the complainant does not have to be discriminate on the basis of his religion ie it is simply that discrimination the basis of religion not permitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FEWan2015

kiwi33 wrote: »
    Can someone explain this to me because I am just seeing the same thing repeated twice. "In respect of discrimination cases it is notable that the complainant does not have to be discriminate on the basis of his religion ie it is simple that discrimination on the basis of religion no permitted.

I'm not being smart but that makes literally no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

FEWan2015 wrote: »
    I'm not being smart but that makes literally no sense

i took the quote directly from the book! im beginning to think it means that a person can discriminate as in someone doesn't have to employ say a protestant but the state couldnt say that protestants cant be employed regarding art 44. that's what im sticking too. ps... i have nothing against protestants its just the first thing that came in my head! maybe its because im eating an orange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Good luck to each and every one of us tomorrow - hope we all pull it out of the hat. Or out of anywhere

• Advertisement

what time are people staying up until? feeling very alone and sorry for myself at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

what time are people staying up until? feeling very alone and sorry for myself at the minute.

I've drawn a complete blank and utterly panicking right now so don't worry we're all in the same boat

Considering the fact I'm still scribbling notes it may be room service and 2 hours sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

I'm thinking 2 and then up again at 6 maybe?

Calling time on it at 12 & getting a few hours sleep. Start early enough in the morning to go over a few things. Its been a really long day!!!!

Fe1r wrote: »
    I've drawn a complete blank and utterly panicking right now so don't worry we're all in the same boat

These exams are actually hell on earth. Sitting my final three, lose a training contract with one of "The big Five" if i fail. Already failed these three last sitting, have texts flying in from parents and relatives wishing me luck, talk about pressure. I would love to just run away from it all at this stage.

Considering the fact I'm still scribbling notes it may be room service and 2 hours sleep

I with you on that

These exams are actually hell on earth. Sitting my final three, lose a training contract with one of "The big Five" if i fail. Already failed these three last sitting, have texts flying in from parents and relatives wishing me luck, talk about pressure. I would love to just run away from it all at this stage.

Hang on in there. The best of things come to those who wait! If it is meant to be it wont pass you by. Keep the faith!

Plane to anywhere would be ideal! You can't beat the "what's meant to be won't pass you by" quote when explaining the difficulty of these horrendous exams!
    Also the fact my law degree doesn't push me into blackhall irritates the Sh*t out of me right now : (

• Advertisement

Plane to anywhere would be ideal! You can't beat the "what's meant to be won't pass you by" quote when explaining the difficulty of these horrendous exams!
    Also the fact my law degree doesn't push me into blackhall irritates the Sh*t out of me right now : (

Don't dis the quote it is all l am hanging onto myself! Haha
    I know you work your ass off to get your degree & you still have to go through this hell :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement