Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

DaveKit wrote: »
    Anyone pass constitutional on 4 questions before? I wrote a fifth question on a completely wrong topic....knew the course quite well too. The margin for error in these fuc*king exams is tiny. One bad question can put you back a year, tough to take.

I know someone who passed contract, property & constitutional answering between 3/4 answers.... And gained criminal on recheck.

Yet I sat 5 got 2 and answered 5 questions in each paper. So it can go anyway : )

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Itchy Lot

For contract law, can anyone tell me the difference between an acceleration clause and a penalty clause ?

acceleration clause - debt which is already existing but clause can require it to be paid pack immediately due to some breach

penalty clause - like a fine for breaching

(roughly)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Itchy Lot

can anyone please tell me what the 3 ps are in formal and ev requirements? like part performance? haven't a clue and going to throw an essay together!

3 ps - price, property, parties. Must be evidenced in a memo under Land Act 2009

can anyone please tell me what the 3 ps are in formal and ev requirements? like part performance? haven't a clue and going to throw an essay together!

3 P's are parties, price , property - terms required by legislation

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Itchy Lot wrote: »
    acceleration clause - debt which is already existing but clause can require it to be paid pack immediately due to some breach

penalty clause - like a fine for breaching

(roughly)

Also, penalty clause is illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 fe1fun

This is probably a very basic question, just not covered in my notes! What is the deal with communication of acceptance via email?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Can I ask eu-ers, what are your thoughts on competition....I have art 101 covered now but wondering what the chances are of 102 coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

yela wrote: »
    Hey guys, could someone please tell me what changes the marriage referendum has brought in re family property chapter in property?

Yeah I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me aswel please!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Can I ask eu-ers, what are your thoughts on competition....I have art 101 covered now but wondering what the chances are of 102 coming up?

Im not sure what to cover, Im all over the place at the minute. Im still traumatised from constitutional. My third sitting of it and Im 100% sure I failed. Anyone have any predictions for the case note question?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

lawbear wrote: »
    Im not sure what to cover, Im all over the place at the minute. Im still traumatised from constitutional. My third sitting of it and Im 100% sure I failed. Anyone have any predictions for the case note question?

I took yesterday evening off after a horrendous attempt at the equity exam...did me a world of good

• Advertisement

I took yesterday evening off after a horrendous attempt at the equity exam...did me a world of good

I am currently drinking a glass of wine in bed, about to watch a movie, EU will just have to wait until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveKit

I deferred contract after that horrendous constitutional attempt; pure depression. Currently drinking gin in the red cow. Not guilty at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

DaveKit wrote: »
    I deferred contract after that horrendous constitutional attempt; pure depression. Currently drinking gin in the red cow. Not guilty at all.

Haha I did the same last sitting! I really enjoyed that night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

It was soooooo hard... Constitutional is definitely my Achilles heal ;)

Contract was fair paper. Ended up confusing myself coz could answer 7 and when it came to Pinnels essay couldn't even remember the case! So 5 answered - 2 good 2 crap 1 minimal bullsh*t so here's hoping the examiner is feeling generous! 6 done 2 to go I see the light : )

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

Contract was fair paper. Ended up confusing myself coz could answer 7 and when it came to Pinnels essay couldn't even remember the case! So 5 answered - 2 good 2 crap 1 minimal bullsh*t so here's hoping the examiner is feeling generous! 6 done 2 to go I see the light : )

Fair play to you! 8 is tough going!

Fair play to you! 8 is tough going!

Only trying to get my Magic three haha I'm not a legal genius who's gonna get the 8 just heightening the chances of my 3 : )

Only trying to get my Magic three haha I'm not a legal genius who's gonna get the 8 just heightening the chances of my 3 : )

Respect to you! l'm doing 5 & thats hell enough!!! Haha

I think if I did 8 I'd be heading for a stint in a mental institution afterwards :/

I think if I did 8 I'd be heading for a stint in a mental institution afterwards :/

It's heading that way EU wil definitely drive anyone to the psych ward!

• Advertisement

It's heading that way EU wil definitely drive anyone to the psych ward!

Good luck with it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I lament how laborious and slow I am at studying sometimes. In EU I think I am not going to have the time to even touch citizenship, or any of the freedoms except for free movement of goods. Only half my case notes done as well.

Praying for some luck on the paper!

I lament how laborious and slow I am at studying sometimes. In EU I think I am not going to have the time to even touch citizenship, or any of the freedoms except for free movement of goods. Only half my case notes done as well.

Are there any topics due to come up does anyone know? I don't have an up to date exam grid. Dying with a flu here, I would give anything to not have to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Are there any topics due to come up does anyone know? I don't have an up to date exam grid. Dying with a flu here, I would give anything to not have to study.
    Topics missing from October’s paper
    Essay question on the role of the Commission as guardian of the treaties.
    Essay question on Art 267 TFEU or Art 258 TFEU
    Essay question on Fundamental rights and the role of the Charter of Fundamental Rights
    Competition law

Repeat topics
    PQ on direct effect
    PQ on economic freedoms/citizenship
    Case notes question

Ok so property people...
    Gonna study:
    Family Property
    Succession
    Finding
    Adverse possession
    Landlord & Tenant
    & skim over mortgages

Enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clocks

Ok so property people...
    Gonna study:
    Family Property
    Succession
    Finding
    Adverse possession
    Landlord & Tenant
    & skim over mortgages

Enough??

I've covered Succession, Easements, Squatting, Co-ownership and Landlord and Tenant. Not much but I know then all well. Do people think I'm perhaps risking it a little? Is a question on Landlord and Tenant guarnteed everyyear ? Does anyone have a handy essay on land registraton they'd be willing to share ?

clocks wrote: »
    I've covered Succession, Easements, Squatting, Co-ownership and Landlord and Tenant. Not much but I know then all well. Do people think I'm perhaps risking it a little? Is a question on Landlord and Tenant guarnteed everyyear ? Does anyone have a handy essay on land registraton they'd be willing to share ?

I don't have any on land registration but can send you one on family property/mortgages or licences, estoppel and rights of residence of you need a back up or Finding - that's a definite topic

EU is very easily marked. If you make an attempt at five questions you will definitely pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Anyone have any experience of how contract is marked? Company and EU seems to be the only one where the exam reports have said the pass rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Fe1andDone

Does anyone happen to have a sample answer of a case note question for EU?

I know it's dead simple, I don't want any particular case but I'm looking to see the level of detail required in the answer so I can just bang out a guaranteed full marks question for Friday.

If there is no sample answer a guideline of how much detail you included if you've passed EU would be helpful and done the case note would be great! Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement