Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

oraghabd wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of how contract is marked? Company and EU seems to be the only one where the exam reports have said the pass rate.

Sat it last sitting and answered 5 questions badly with little or no case names having not looked at the module for 3 years and got in the 40's so I'd say it's marked a bit easy

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Sat it last sitting and answered 5 questions badly with little or no case names having not looked at the module for 3 years and got in the 40's so I'd say it's marked a bit easy

I answered 5 decent answers last sitting with case law, got 49 and it went up on recheck. Answer 5 decent answers and you will be fine I think. Answering five questions is key.

I have grid for case note Q in EU if anyone wants it to see the trends?

Microsoft v commission nearly every year

Association belge des Consommateurs Test-Achat nearly every year

Pringle last 4 settings

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Fe1andDone

Pringle last 4 settings

I would love it as I'm sitting down to go over them now. Feel like I owe you a drink for all the grids and predictions you've been nice enough to share at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Case notes i only have time to cover:

Microsoft; Van Gend en Loos; Airtours; Pringle; Kobler; Kadi II; Google -v- Spain

Is this enough??

• Advertisement

Fe1andDone wrote: »
    I would love it as I'm sitting down to go over them now. Feel like I owe you a drink for all the grids and predictions you've been nice enough to share at this stage!

Sent : ) I need a litre of vodka by Friday
    Best of luck

Have case note on Factorane, Van Gend en Loos & Costa v ENEL , Pringle who ever was asking while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

EU is very easily marked. If you make an attempt at five questions you will definitely pass :)

On the one hand I am absolutely delighted to read this. On the other hand, I hope the examiner isn't reading it and decides to defy expectation and go hard on our asses, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

Not happy with contract. If I answered that way in my first sitting I would have thought I did ok but I know the level they are expecting now ....

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Not happy with contract and I wrote that I answered question 7 rather than 8b on the front of the paper and in the paper.....so had to go back in ask if they could do anything, they said to email the law society and they can put a note on the paper. I didn't even attempt 7....here's hoping they'll be in but I won't hold my breath.

I wouldn't worry about it. Last sitting it took me 3 papers just to realise we were supposed to write it on the front and it didn't make any difference for my result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Guys, just wondering does it matter if we don't write the Q's we do on the front of the exam paper. I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to. The invigilator practically had to wrestle my script from me.

Should I e-mail the Law Society or just leave it? I wrote the question number before I started each Q in red on top of the page in the answer booklet, I just din't write the questions on the front of answer booklet.

Freaking out now. Ahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Itchy Lot

Figsy32 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. Last sitting it took me 3 papers just to realise we were supposed to write it on the front and it didn't make any difference for my result.

We're meant to write our question numbers on the front...?! "oh so mr big shot doesn't want to bother to fill out his paper correctly. Lets just put that 50 back to a 49 shall we"

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

EthanSS wrote: »
    Guys, just wondering does it matter if we don't write the Q's we do on the front of the exam paper. I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to. The invigilator practically had to wrestle my script from me.

Should I e-mail the Law Society or just leave it? I wrote the question number before I started each Q in red on top of the page in the answer booklet, I just din't write the questions on the front of answer booklet.

Freaking out now. Ahhh

Absolutely not worth freaking out about. I'd be amazed if it made any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

EthanSS wrote: »

Freaking out now. Ahhh

I have five passed and I have never put down what questions I did on the front, didn't even know about this until now, in my own little world clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Figsy32 wrote: »

I wrote the wrongs ones on before and just assumed that they'd notice my mistake when I realised afterwards. Passed anyway so I wouldn't fret over it at all

You aren't meant to write anything on the front of the green paper booklet as it always says "Examiner Use only" so you only write your number, subject and date.

Think it says please fill in attempted questions number at the front for examiners reference. It was same in UL but I'm sure it doesn't make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Not happy with contract. If I answered that way in my first sitting I would have thought I did ok but I know the level they are expecting now ....

Ah here, didn't need to hear that.

Stupidly chose to do an essay Q for last question and only realised half way through that I had way more to write for the PQ I skipped.

Also, in an a&b question, are each worth the same? Think it was Q5 or 6 which there was way more to write on a I felt

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

Am l the only one dreading the property paper tomorrow!? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Pringle last 4 settings

could you private it mail it to me please. your are very good and helpful

Am l the only one dreading the property paper tomorrow!? :/

Dreading it coz passed it last sitting and I'll actually cry if I don't get it this time!

• Advertisement

Dreading it coz passed it last sitting and I'll actually cry if I don't get it this time!

There is a good chance you will pass it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ladadidadi234

I don't have any on land registration but can send you one on family property/mortgages or licences, estoppel and rights of residence of you need a back up or Finding - that's a definite topic

could i be sneaky and avail of the rights of residence and finding? finding seems like a decent enough topic to have.

could i be sneaky and avail of the rights of residence and finding? finding seems like a decent enough topic to have.

Send me on your email

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fe1fml

dreading property too!! Head full of offer and acceptance!
    FYI Examiner for property ALWAYS puts on exam reports to make sure to put numbers on front and highlight all cases used .... always better to keep on the right side and not piss off before booklet even open :)
    But saying that i'm sure we wouldn't be penalised either!!
    Did someone say finding is guarenteed in an earlier post????

fe1fml wrote: »
    dreading property too!! Head full of offer and acceptance!
    FYI Examiner for property ALWAYS puts on exam reports to make sure to put numbers on front and highlight all cases used .... always better to keep on the right side and not piss off before booklet even open :)
    But saying that i'm sure we wouldn't be penalised either!!
    Did someone say finding is guarenteed in an earlier post????

It is that examer's pet hate! Always put the numbers of the questions on the front page of the booklet!!!

It is that examer's pet hate! Always put the numbers of the questions on the front page of the booklet!!!

Other pet hate of theirs is when people don't explain the cases they refer to as well - independent lecturer said make sure give even one line about each case to show you actually know. Even if you don't know the name of case but know the facts is better than not mentioning anything

Itchy Lot wrote: »
    We're meant to write our question numbers on the front...?! "oh so mr big shot doesn't want to bother to fill out his paper correctly. Lets just put that 50 back to a 49 shall we"

haha yeah there is one examiner it really pisses of.. can't remember who it was they always went on about it in their exam reports. think it might have been property examiner

Other pet hate of theirs is when people don't explain the cases they refer to as well - independent lecturer said make sure give even one line about each case to show you actually know. Even if you don't know the name of case but know the facts is better than not mentioning anything

Thanks Kcookies good to know! Did you mention in an earlier post about finding? is that likely to come up??

fe1fml wrote: »
    Thanks Kcookies good to know! Did you mention in an earlier post about finding? is that likely to come up??

finding comes up an awful lot and its a really quick and easy one to learn. Although it could be a case that it came up so often that it wont come up this time but definitely worth looking at. very easy to get in the head. I have a short page of notes on it if you want it.

• Advertisement

Cheers!!
    Anyone know how the succession questions came up last time around?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement