Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Figsy32 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking the 2011 act postpones the 2009 act so that it's still the old law that's in place? But you need to know both? I could be reading it wrong though cause it's my last exam and I'm exhausted!

Yes it postpones 2009 act and reverts back to pre 2009 regime. I think that's definitely enough for me to know and I'll look no further : )

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

It was in line with elwes v Briggs as found in the land then mention waverly borough v fletcher and Webb v Ireland . Then discuss finding by trespasser Parker v British airways & Hannah v peel. Owner of land only has superior claim if he has manifested an intention to control all articles found on his land.
    As in elwes v Briggs the current landowner has superior claim over trespasser. It's not an archaeological item and of historical interest so the state can't claim? Could be wrong

And you said you were not a legal genius!!! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

For treasure trove and findings can anyone please advise me like last year, if John finds a bracelet in a mine who gets it?

If its directly under the line of John and Pats land, in a mine would John or Pat get it or is it the states?
    If it was a braclet it won't be the states usually only treasure trove will be the states and a person can expect to get a reward.

If u find it above land you have the best title to it unless the owner of the paper title can be found. If it's in the land it belongs to whoever owns the land

If it half in half out out the arguments for both and say the court would have discretion but lean towards what you would think. It could be either. Although items attached to the land are usually considered part of the freehold but this doesn't apply if they are easily detached. I have a note of cases if you want it

kiwi33 wrote: »
    If it was a braclet it won't be the states usually only treasure trove will be the states and a person can expect to get a reward.

If u find it above land you have the best title to it unless the owner of the paper title can be found. If it's in the land it belongs to whoever owns the land

If it half in half out out the arguments for both and say the court would have discretion but lean towards what you would think. It could be either. Although items attached to the land are usually considered part of the freehold but this doesn't apply if they are easily detached. I have a note of cases if you want it

And make sure mention all cases for above and below in the answer along with treasure trove, she wants to see it all with that answer

And you said you were not a legal genius!!! Haha

I sat that exact paper last year : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Farrellk

Lads starting to get a bit worried about EU it's taking me way longer than it should per topic and im worried will be skimming it with topics going in ..... Would people suggest doing the case note and if so how many cases should you learn to be safe ? Very worried fe1er at the minute

And mention Byrne v Ireland where Blaney J stated treasure trove was not part of Irish law but Supreme Court Finlay CJ held that article 5 & 10 of constitution required that it was a requirement of the sovereign state that antiques with no known owners which are keys to ancient heritage should be vested in the state. He held treasure trove should be upheld as a requirement not of the crown but if sovereign and common good. He then held treasure trove was vested in the state and awarded the plaintiffs.

Farrellk wrote: »
    Lads starting to get a bit worried about EU it's taking me way longer than it should per topic and im worried will be skimming it with topics going in ..... Would people suggest doing the case note and if so how many cases should you learn to be safe ? Very worried fe1er at the minute

Microsoft
    Van Gend
    Association belge
    Ryan air holdings
    Chen

That's all I'm learning anyways I haven't time

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Farrellk

Microsoft
    Van Gend
    Association belge
    Ryan air holdings
    Chen

Grand might start there so ! How many topics are you planning to cover ? Nothing seems to be going in its all just a mish mash of Articles at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawgal

Easements is killing me! Does wheeldon v burrows need to be learnt in detail as it's now abolished? And all hat section on acquisition of easements?

• Advertisement

Farrellk wrote: »
    Grand might start there so ! How many topics are you planning to cover ? Nothing seems to be going in its all just a mish mash of Articles at this stage

Well it's my 8th exam this sitting so unsure how many topics will go in currently studying for property with equity and contract waffle spilling out! Aiming to cover cases, directives, economic freedom/citizenship, competition, role of commission & fundamental rights.

lawgal wrote: »
    Easements is killing me! Does wheeldon v burrows need to be learnt in detail as it's now abolished? And all hat section on acquisition of easements?

I only have one paragraph just saying that prior to 2009 rule in W v B any part of land disposed of by landowner and quasi easements reasonably necessary for use and enjoyment would pass as easements when land was conveyed. Then say replaced with general rule based on non derogation. S40 now states where part land disposed of the deposition created an implied easement for the beds for if the party disposed over the part retained

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Ok I've revised everything I planned except the four freedoms properly....need some serious motivation ....an episode of suits is calling to me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fe1chancer

Just put all my EU notes down and looked at the amount of sheets and thought F**K!! This volume of notes is never going to fit in my head this subject is huge!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Well it's my 8th exam this sitting so unsure how many topics will go in currently studying for property with equity and contract waffle spilling out! Aiming to cover cases, directives, economic freedom/citizenship, competition, role of commission & fundamental rights.

Thats all I'm planning to cover too. Housemates just came in from work and put on drum and bass music full blast. Kill me now :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Fe1 Exams - when taking a shower feels like your taking a break from study…… and even at that theres a good chance you could fail

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

lawbear wrote: »
    Fe1 Exams - when taking a shower feels like your taking a break from study…… and even at that theres a good chance you could fail

Going to the red cow to hand in legislation has been the highlight of a few days recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Microsoft
    Van Gend
    Association belge
    Ryan air holdings
    Chen

Does anyone have notes in these cases? Wasn't going to do the case note, but think I may have to now...

Any help would be great!

lawbear wrote: »

When a shower feels like a luxury 😂 can't wait for Friday to be done so I can happily drink away all of my additional brain cells ...until next sitting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

When a shower feels like a luxury 😂 can't wait for Friday to be done so I can happily drink away all of my additional brain cells ...until next sitting!!

I would settle for a decent night sleep!!! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 nope nope nope

oraghabd I have sample case notes for those, you might just have to wade through to find them, send me on your email and I'll send them on! If anyone has case notes for Ryanair, Pringle, Kadii II, Spain and Italy or Google, it would be a great help?

oraghabd I have sample case notes for those, you might just have to wade through to find them, send me on your email and I'll send them on! If anyone has case notes for Ryanair, Pringle, Kadii II, Spain and Italy or Google, it would be a great help?

Can I suggest the European Comission legal service website for summaries of important judgements...they are not all there but the ones that are cover all the relevant basis IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I didn't hand in my succession act today to be checked to obviously won't have it ready for me at 9.30.I understand you can hand it in on the day and get it back around 10?. Where do I hand it in and should I be there early to hand it in at like 8?

Can I suggest the European Comission legal service website for summaries of important judgements...they are not all there but the ones that are cover all the relevant basis IMO

Great, thanks! I'l try that!

cup of tea wrote: »
    I didn't hand in my succession act today to be checked to obviously won't have it ready for me at 9.30.I understand you can hand it in on the day and get it back around 10?. Where do I hand it in and should I be there early to hand it in at like 8?

I think they start accepting them at 9, I handed my SOG in today then and had it back by 10

Possibility of learning all succession in 4 1/2 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

lawgal wrote: »
    Possibility of learning all succession in 4 1/2 hours?

Definitely doable. I never bought into the notion that there was nothing you could do the night before. You can learn huge amounts at the last minute. IT mightn't stay there forever but it should stay there until tomorrow.

fionnsci wrote: »
    Definitely doable. I never bought into the notion that there was nothing you could do the night before. You can learn huge amounts at the last minute. IT mightn't stay there forever but it should stay there until tomorrow.

Really struggling! This gives me hope! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Absolutely agree. My best work is done in the car park lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ladadidadi234

Absolutely agree. My best work is done in the car park lol

never a truer statement made hahah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement