Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

lawgal wrote: »
    Possibility of learning all succession in 4 1/2 hours?

Definitely!!! Its definitely worth it too, That's two questions in the bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ladadidadi234

mortgages are not my friend tonight at all..

any suggestions to make this topic more bearable ?

Alcohol?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

I'm not doing it. it rarely comes up and came up last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

Is it wise to limit mortgages to just judgment mortgages?

Getting desperate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Is it wise to limit mortgages to just judgment mortgages?

Getting desperate!

Mortgages not tipped really so gonna skim over judgment ones and that's it!! Family property,succession, finding , adverse possession & co ownership and I'm calling it a day!

Mortgages not tipped really so gonna skim over judgment ones and that's it!! Family property,succession, finding , adverse possession & co ownership and I'm calling it a day!

I like your thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

It feels like l am only learning property for the first time!!! Nothing is registering!!! :( Soo over these exams at this stage!

It feels like l am only learning property for the first time!!! Nothing is registering!!! :( Soo over these exams at this stage!

You only think that now but in the exam it'll come back bit by bit I was like that for equity the other day. Don't stress

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

If nothing else, that's a pretty decent accidental pun. Try to work that in.

• Advertisement

fionnsci wrote: »
    If nothing else, that's a pretty decent accidental pun. Try to work that in.

Haha that was an accidental pun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Finished on Contract today.That was my first attempt at 4.Was so tempted to go to the hotel bar but then I remembered I had to go to work and pick up my daughter so got the Luas instead.Its been a lonely struggle but this support group has really helped me.Best of luck tomorrow boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Absolutely agree. My best work is done in the car park lol

Too true, sometime the stuff from the night before is all I know when I go in :p It infuriates me when people see me cramming for these and they say "you can't feed the calf the night before the market"

I've seen it asked a few times, but never answered, and I've been unable to source it myself - but what effect will the marriage referendum have on our topic of family property?

Think it's not a bad topic so I'd hate to lose out on a question by not knowing that aspect of it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

I've seen it asked a few times, but never answered, and I've been unable to source it myself - but what effect will the marriage referendum have on our topic of family property?

Think it's not a bad topic so I'd hate to lose out on a question by not knowing that aspect of it.

Thanks

My instinct is to say that now spouses can be of either sex for the purposes of family home, divorce etc and that's about the extent of it. Also, civil partnerships are likely to be less relevant as there won't be any new ones. There are still existing ones out there, people can hold onto them or convert them to marriages if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Thanks

I was wondering the same so had a quick flick through the act and it didn't seem to do much except for allow for same sex couples to marry. I'd say just have a line in your answer that the provisions on civil partnership are maybe less relevant because of the introduction of the act. Just to show that you know it.

Thanks

Civil partnerships will no longer be available after 6 starting from Novermber 2015 due to the Marriage act.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Guys, when speaking about the ECJ, do you call it the CJEU or the ECJ. Confused here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DryBalls

EthanSS wrote: »
    Guys, when speaking about the ECJ, do you call it the CJEU or the ECJ. Confused here. Thanks.

It's now known as the CJEU and that's what should be used.

It was previously known as ECJ and is referred to as ECJ in older cases.

To save myself the hassle of writing ECJ for older cases and CJEU for newer ones, I would write a disclaimer at the top of answer booklet CJEU (Court of Justice of the European Union) will be used throughout including describing what previously known as ECJ (European Court of Justice).

That was examiner knows you know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Hey everyone, I have another EU Q.

I was just wondering are over-riding requirements in the general interest and mandatoryrequirements in the general interest the same thing? This is for when trying to justify MEQRS or FOE/FMOW etc.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Property went well...
    Q1 - S117 PQ
    Q2 - recording property transactions
    Q3 - adverse possession PQ
    Q4 - construction of wills & extrinsic evidence essay
    Q5 - leases
    Q6 - discuss 2 of rights of residence /estoppel licences or influence of equity in land law
    Q7 - landlord & tenant essay
    Q8 - finding PQ

7 down one to go woo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Property went well...
    Q1 - S117 PQ
    Q2 - recording property transactions
    Q3 - adverse possession PQ
    Q4 - construction of wills & extrinsic evidence essay
    Q5 - leases
    Q6 - discuss 2 of rights of residence /estoppel licences or influence of equity in land law
    Q7 - landlord & tenant essay
    Q8 - finding PQ

7 down one to go woo hoo

you seem to be out in good time! only half twelve now! hope it goes well for you. IMagine if you got all eight!!

kiwi33 wrote: »
    you seem to be out in good time! only half twelve now! hope it goes well for you. IMagine if you got all eight!!

Was out at 5 to 12 I have a horrendous fear of the imprisonment for the last half an hour needless to say my hand is fit to fall off! Won't get all 8 but 3 will do me I'd be happy out : )

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Your time management must be very good. That is a major weakness of mine I be writing to the bitter end. Well to be honest its not my biggest problem. usually its not having enough topics covered!

Your time management must be very good. That is a major weakness of mine I be writing to the bitter end. Well to be honest its not my biggest problem. usually its not having enough topics covered!

26 mins per question max and move on rapid! Give myself 4 mins at start and scribble anything I can think of inside booklet cover before looking at paper then tear into it & hope it all comes up haha then scribble anything I forgot at end of each question briefly

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

EU here we go, time for the ultimate cramming session.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

It was a nice way to finish off the sitting and possibly the Fe1s! Grand paper once you had your topics.

Such a nice feeling being finished. Cheers again to everyone on the thread. Made the two sittings much easier. Hopefully that'll be it done with now!

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow and congrats on finishing!

See ye all for results :p

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clocks

lawbear wrote: »
    Too true, sometime the stuff from the night before is all I know when I go in :p It infuriates me when people see me cramming for these and they say "you can't feed the calf the night before the market"

I rose this morning at 5am and noticed that the law of Finding wasn't covered in my Nutshells book, did a quick search and learnt it over breakfast. What I remembered was my Question 8...

Nicest topic I've studied in law, expect perhaps olafactive trademarks. I can't believe I didn't do it before. That and Land Registration

Doctor: Are you under any undue or unusual stress?
    :) : Well, I'm in the middle of FE1s. Does that count?
    Doctor: How many Valium would you like. Forget it, take all the Valium!!!

One more exam, one more night of fretting and revising and forgetting and re-revising......one more extremely early morning, nervous consumption of 5 extra strong coffees which you will live to regret mid-exam.....one more nail-biting moment of opening one more text paper.....

AND THEN...... FREEDOM!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Was Q.5 not referring to easements, not leases?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement