Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Doctor: Are you under any undue or unusual stress?
    :) : Well, I'm in the middle of FE1s. Does that count?
    Doctor: How many Valium would you like. Forget it, take all the Valium!!!

One more exam, one more night of fretting and revising and forgetting and re-revising......one more extremely early morning, nervous consumption of 5 extra strong coffees which you will live to regret mid-exam.....one more nail-biting moment of opening one more text paper.....

AND THEN...... FREEDOM!!!!!!
    Until i have to repeat them all in september because i have done so ****

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

One more exam, one more night of fretting and revising and forgetting and re-revising......one more extremely early morning, nervous consumption of 5 extra strong coffees which you will live to regret mid-exam.....one more nail-biting moment of opening one more text paper.....

I see the light and smell the Freedom!! Haha!! Here's hoping all this EU nonsense stays nicely in the noggin and possibly scrape a pass....

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Question 5 for Property was Easements by Necessity, basically problem question on the facts of Wong v Beaumont

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

yeah freedom until october, christ the thoughts of telling everyone I have lost my training contract, won't be going to blackhall, unemployed at the minute, enough to make me want to give it all up, all because I messed up these last three. Really starting to consider the fact that its just not for me…not meant to be

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

lawbear wrote: »
    yeah freedom until october, christ the thoughts of telling everyone I have lost my training contract, won't be going to blackhall, unemployed at the minute, enough to make me want to give it all up, all because I messed up these last three. Really starting to consider the fact that its just not for me…not meant to be

Chin up Lawbear, I was convinced I failed Company last sitting and I was so shocked to see I had passed. You truly never know. Give yourself a break, this is a very painful, stressful, not to mention work-intensive labour of love. You will get there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 fe1chancer

Chin up Lawbear, I was convinced I failed Company last sitting and I was so shocked to see I had passed. You truly never know. Give yourself a break, this is a very painful, stressful, not to mention work-intensive labour of love. You will get there!

Just had a 4 hour drive to the red cow and thought about turning around so many times and saying sack it and give up but i know i will kick myself if i did! I think these exams are more mental than anything!!

Thanks OfficeGirl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

fe1chancer wrote: »
    Just had a 4 hour drive to the red cow and thought about turning around so many times and saying sack it and give up but i know i will kick myself if i did! I think these exams are more mental than anything!!

I had a mental breakdown sunday night and nearly didnt make the equity exam! Took my partner hours to talk me down and become a reasonable fully-functioning human again. It is most definitely a huge mental challenge. The information is almost secondary at this stage!

I had a mental breakdown sunday night and nearly didnt make the equity exam! Took my partner hours to talk me down and become a reasonable fully-functioning human again. It is most definitely a huge mental challenge. The information is almost secondary at this stage!

And if one more person asks me "If you pass these exams are you a solicitor then?" No am not I still have to work for peanuts for the next 2years and give the law society the guts of €20k then am a solicitor!!!

Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irishhuman

For property Q1 was it relevant to discuss the husbands legal right share?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

Irishhuman wrote: »

I did. In relation to the son's share.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Yh LRS very relevant for both of them in Q1

Irishhuman wrote: »

I threw in a bit about LRS relating to john and waffled about entitlements of the whole world if she died intestate anything to fill up paper

as if learning irish case names was bad enough these EU ones are impossible.. Najvyssi sud Slovenskej republicky are they having a giraffe?

kiwi33 wrote: »
    as if learning irish case names was bad enough these EU ones are impossible.. Najvyssi sud Slovenskej republicky are they having a giraffe?

Handelsgesellschaft???? Good luck spelling that in a hurry tomorrow..

They'll take what ever spelling I give them and be happy! My english is atrocious at times when im in a hurry and one time i had written a full paragraph in irish till i coped. I'm a gaeltacht head in case your wondering!

I no no case law. I will be throwing in van gend en loos wherever I can :D

lawbear wrote: »
    I no no case law. I will be throwing in van gend en loos wherever I can :D

One positive about the whole this is I can safely assume that we have all reached the "I couldn't give a flying F**K anymore" stage.

One positive about the whole this is I can safely assume that we have all reached the "I couldn't give a flying F**K anymore" stage.

This gave me a good chuckle haha

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Most the EU questions need a translation. You know a topic well enough and then look at a past Q and don't have a clue that they relate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clocks

I always smile when I remember that Cassis de Dijon, a seminal case in the Free movement of Goods, is between German parties, arguing about a German technical standard in a German Courthouse in German.

clocks wrote: »
    I always smile when I remember that Cassis de Dijon, a seminal case in the Free movement of Goods, is between German parties, arguing about a German technical standard in a German Courthouse in German.

Are you sure it wasnt a grimace? I wouldnt have thought EU law and smiling every went together haha

does anyone know if Preliminary reference procedure came up last year? Or does anyone have a run through of the topics that did??

does anyone know if Preliminary reference procedure came up last year? Or does anyone have a run through of the topics that did??

Didnt come up last year tipped 267 or 258 TFEU essay this year.

Last year
    Difference between regs/dirs/ decisions role of general & principles in EU law

Parliament & the democratic deficit

Standing & judical review

Part A - principle of equivalence and effectiveness

Part B - PQ on direct effect and MS liability

Part A - PQ art 34
    Part B - PQ art 110

PQ - citizenship

Essay Equality

Case notes

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Has anyone looked at March 2012 Q.3 on Art 267? What other bodies except for the courts could fall under the definition of a court or tribunal to refer a question in Ireland to the ECJ?

Any examples?

Didnt come up last year tipped 267 or 258 TFEU essay this year.

Last year
    Difference between regs/dirs/ decisions role of general & principles in EU law

Parliament & the democratic deficit

Standing & judical review

Part A - principle of equivalence and effectiveness

Part B - PQ on direct effect and MS liability

Part A - PQ art 34
    Part B - PQ art 110

PQ - citizenship

Essay Equality

Case notes

whats the relationship between 267 and 258

whats the relationship between 267 and 258

It's going to come up as an essay either on art 267 or art 258

oraghabd wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at March 2012 Q.3 on Art 267? What other bodies except for the courts could fall under the definition of a court or tribunal to refer a question in Ireland to the ECJ?

Any examples?

Dutch case of Broekmeulen relating to appeals committee for general medicine was a tribunal.

oraghabd wrote: »

Any examples?

In Broeckmeulen the court had to decide if an appeals committee for the dutch medical professional Body was a court or tribunal for the purposes of Art 267.

Despite the fact that Dutch law did not recognise the appeals committee as a court or tribunal, the European court ruled that the appeals committee was a court or tribunal for the purposes of european union law.

The reason for the courts decision was that the appeals committee operated with the consent and cooperation of the public authorities and that it delivered final decisions after an adversarial procedure from which there was no right of appeal to the ordinary courts.

If there is no right of appeal then thats a good indicator.

• Advertisement

There is so much in competition ugh puke. Between the freedoms….goods, persons, capital, any of these favoured to come up? desperate here, need to cut big time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement